Scion xA Owners Lounge
2004-2006.5 [NCP61]

This really ticked me off...

Search this Thread

Old 08-31-2006, 08:39 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by jethro_b
I just checked the dealers section and see that Houston has 4 dealers. Have you called them to see what they have in their inventories? I find it hard to believe that they have nothing that would work for you.
No, my mom said something about wanting to buy local. She lives in Texas City and is co-signing with me. (I dont have much credit yet) So I'm just kind of going with what she says. Plus, her being in TC which is a one hour drive to the southside of Houston, and me huntsville which is a one hour drive to the north side of Houston isnt really helping out.
Old 08-31-2006, 08:40 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Oh yeah, got off the phone with the dealer today. The new date is supposed to be the 8th or 9th. So, we'll see how that turns out.
Old 09-01-2006, 07:15 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Music City Scions
SL Member

Originally Posted by KLoLo
Originally Posted by jethro_b
I just checked the dealers section and see that Houston has 4 dealers. Have you called them to see what they have in their inventories? I find it hard to believe that they have nothing that would work for you.
No, my mom said something about wanting to buy local. She lives in Texas City and is co-signing with me. (I dont have much credit yet) So I'm just kind of going with what she says. Plus, her being in TC which is a one hour drive to the southside of Houston, and me huntsville which is a one hour drive to the north side of Houston isnt really helping out.
Houston is technically Local for you. If you can't travel 30-40 miles to find a car now. Stop whining about how long it's taking with the dealer you picked. If you wanted it faster you could have called all the dealers in and around Houston. If they had one you wanted you could have met your Mom there, did the paperwork on the spot and be driving it right now.
I thought you really tried to locate one locally (metro Houston) rather than just sit back and wait.
Old 09-01-2006, 07:32 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scion Evolution

Umm wats a slushbox??
Old 09-01-2006, 07:45 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Music City Scions
SL Member

Originally Posted by bBlover
Umm wats a slushbox??
As far as I know, slush box is AKA an auto transmission.
BTW, what does that have to do with this topic?
Old 09-01-2006, 02:07 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

I guess I can go get my mom with classes 5 days a week and working 6 days a week...
Old 09-01-2006, 02:26 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Don't get discouraged....it's just a little over a week, and you will enjoy the car so much when you get it!
Old 09-06-2006, 03:18 PM
5 Year Member

KLoLo, have you heard any more from your dealer about your vehicle being ready at the end of this week? I'm hoping you did.

The waiting is worth it. I picked mine up late last week, and I'm loving it! Keep in mind that my last car was ten years old, had 110,000 miles, and was starting to give me lots of trouble. It's so nice to drive with confidence ... no more wondering if it'll die in bumper-to-bumper traffic! And I haven't had electric windows and locks since the mid 80's! One week in and I'm still giddy!

Hang in there!
Old 09-06-2006, 06:16 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Thats exactly how I am...I dont want to have to worry about breaking down. My first car didnt have a lot of miles (Around 55,000 when I got it), but it was a 1985. My second car was a 91 buick, with around 230,000 miles. The trans was starting to slip on it other stuff, so I got rid of it, so I know exactly how you feel.

Right now they are saying its going to come in on Friday. They gave me a date again...they said 8th or 9th. So we'll see. Main thing for me right now is im sick, and need to see the doctor, so i gotta figure out if its going to be in, so I can plan on going to the doctor up here, or back home.

Hopefully it'll come in. I'm getting like...way too anxious for my own good. LOL...I'm a guy, and I'm asking girls on dates and having them drive me!!! Thats not too good for my game right now...
Old 09-06-2006, 07:41 PM
5 Year Member

I understand wanting to be able to drive on your dates. But if a woman loses interest simply because you're temporarily without wheels, she's clearly not worth your time.

Hope you feel better!

Hope Friday is your lucky day!
Old 09-07-2006, 12:37 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

KLo, get well before Friday, no pukeing in the new car.....

Souixies, I have had mine over a year and I am still giddy......I got out of an 89 Astro van with 250,000 miles.
Old 09-07-2006, 09:24 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Going home tonight, supposed to pick it up tomorrow morning. I'll let you know, if I get it, I'll take pictures.
Old 09-08-2006, 07:16 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

so uh...they basically sold my car to someone else...We are getting the money we already paid back, and going car shopping tonight. I might not be able to get a Scion at all...
Old 09-08-2006, 07:53 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Now that is just wrong!!!!
Old 09-08-2006, 08:06 PM
5 Year Member

OH, MY GOD! That is such a sh*tty thing to do! Can you report them to someone? Or do something to let them know they can't treat customers like that? I am appalled!

So sorry for your situation, KLoLo!
Old 09-09-2006, 04:37 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Those guys really got me heated...they talked all rude to my mom...

Got the money back that we gave them TO HOLD THE CAR, and went and bought a Honda Fit the same day...sorry guys!
Old 09-09-2006, 04:50 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Were you able to find a Fit in a manual? Or were you getting an automatic all along?

Just curious because a manual Fit was my first choice, but finding one in the midwest is an impossible task. It's a good car though - sorry Scion left such a bad taste in your mouth (but I understand because Honda did the same to me).
Old 09-09-2006, 05:32 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Music City Scions
SL Member

thats what happens when you dont shop around.. the houston area has lots of other dealers...oh well enjoy your fit. even if its second choice. Not to be mean but a true scion person wouldnt have settled for a honda
Old 09-09-2006, 09:55 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

HA. I'm not so much a true Scion person, as I am a true "I needed a car person, and I needed it now."

The Fit is the Sports package one. So its automatic, but has the paddle shifters on the steering wheel to shift manually too. Kool little feature. They gave me free oil changes for life, and a 7 year extended warranty. I think I won out, I also got more room in the fit. When I first saw them on the internet, I thought they were butt ugly. But...we did go to a few scion dealerships after we left that one, they all had to be ordered. I couldnt wait n e more. I had already been a month without a car. Oh well, so it goes.

Old 09-11-2006, 12:16 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Well, we hate to loose you but, I hope you enjoy your new ride! Just try to stand up for us when the Honda guys start to bash us on their forums...

Quick Reply: This really ticked me off...