Scion Evolution S.E.R.T. xA @@UPDATED link to HCI feature

Search this Thread

Old 10-21-2006, 06:19 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member
Scion Evolution

Default Scion Evolution S.E.R.T. xA @@UPDATED link to HCI feature

I first want to say to all the spin doctors and mis-information that is being spread out about our organization is very disappointing and the few that feed into this do not understand is the more hate and discontent amongst the clubs will undermine even those that think they are trying to make a change to what they believe is the best for all.

Ok for those that want to know about SERT build of the xA and not to use the event and/or post to voice opinions and campaign against our organization; then I hope you will please enjoy the following post on our build. I think people expected SE to build a high end VIP or Street car but our organization has hundreds of them and props to our members that give 110% in representing SE and winning all the accolades of hard work and dedication.

SE SoCal was given this opportunity to build a xA however we wanted to build it; so what better way to continue our legacy than to break out of the mold and take it to the next level. I have always believed that there are followers and leaders, SE has always been raising the bar and setting the standards so why not continue the trend and build something that is out of the norm but still is cutting edge and can give ideas to other tuners/fabricators/modders.

On this project we had time restraints and a budget so with that in mind we set out to do the five key mods that immediately shouts out RALLY – Roll cage, OZ white spoke wheels, roof scoop, light pod and of course the graphics scheme. With the help of Primitive Racing and Paul Eklund a twenty plus year Pro Rally Veteran and our some of our own knowledge from within our build team we put together a entry level rally car and did what we believe is a spec correct and with the addition of a couple of hand held fire extinguishers could and plan on entering a beginners level and/or driving school exercise. I was surprised to find that there are areas within a couple of hours of SoCal to do this and look forward to it and we will share our experiences as we go with those of you that want to know more. Yes our xA still has all the street driven requirements we have the drivers factory seat belt as well as the racing harness, it still has air conditioner, electric windows and lock etc. But we also have the setup to do a weekend fun run or training course if we want to.

You can decide for yourself if the xA has potential as a off-road warrior by posting what you think but we are going to be finding out first hand while you talk about it :D IMO love it or hate it will be talked about and so far it has created a buzz here in SoCal that is on the edge of blowin up the Scion scene so you might want to think before you speak. It’s all good we know everyone eats a little ish once in a while wont be the first or the last time; just like Rally it’s not if you are going to roll over it’s when”

Please fell free to comment good or bad no worries just remember you know who made the first step. That is all that SE build team wanted to do is create a buzz and give everyone something fresh and exciting to think about. SE build team again would like to thank Scion Los Angeles – Jeff Bal, Verone Pangilinan from Longo the film crew and all that were involved to make this happen.

On behalf of the first “Scion Evolution Rally Team” (S.E.R.T) we are proud to present the first Scion Rally xA!!!

Custom Fabrication is what it is all about "No Bolt On show roll bar" here!!! Major props to our friends @ www.uniquefabrication.com

Hmmm no place for instruments:

Cockpit instruments only the best will do thanks www.dakotadigital.com and yes the switches, disconnect and rally computer work...

Hey where did those door switches go? Maybe following the wires will tell us something.

Need a little extra horse power just to get a feel for our first couple of runs in the dirt

Hey whats that masked man doin at 2am in the morning? oh yeah, no double sided tape on this wing; it would be broke off in no time!

Vinyl graphics on a VIP ride = a no no Rally cars - got sponsors :?: make all smile real wide :D Thanks K&R Digital and family

Let there be light!!!

Need some heavy duty shoes.

What is going to be stopping those big @$$ shoes? Major thanks JBT

A little fresh air with that dirt

Almost done a qwick test drive and couple of more sponsor logos then off to the dirt :D

more to come...
Old 10-21-2006, 12:50 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

i would love to see this in action....
very well done!!

what kind of suspension is it rocking by the way???
Old 10-21-2006, 01:30 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scion Evolution

DAVE, THE REST OF THE SERT BUILD TEAM, TO ALL AT SCION EVOLUTION...ALL I CAN SAY IS YOU GUYZ DID A PHENOMINAL JOB AND I WOULD LIKE TO CONGRATULATE YOU ALL ON THE EFFORT YOU PUT INTO THIS JOB...AND FOR MAKING SE PROUD!

I AM BEYOND HAPPY TO BE A PART OF SCION EVOLUTION AND BELIEVE EVERYONE SHOULD JUST TRY AND GET ALONG...

FROM EVO TO EVERY OTHER CAR CLUB OUT THERE...IT'S NOT A COMPETITION, IT'S NOT A PLACE FOR RIVALRY, OR CALLING NAMES...IT'S ABOUT BEING A PART OF A FAMILY CALLED THE "SCION EXPERIENCE...AND WHAT MOVES YOU"....TO BE INVOLVED AND BRING PART OF AN ORGANIZATION AND THE LOVE FOR A SPECIAL BREAD OF CARS TO SHOW ALL THOSE OUT THERE WHAT SCION IS ABOUT....

WE ALL ENJOY OUR CARS...OUR CONTESTS, OUR SHOWS, AND LIKE THE SERT TEAM HAS SHOWN A PLACE WHERE WE CAN ALL SHOW EVERYONE WHAT WE ARE ALL CAPABLE OF DOING TOGETHER AS ONE...ALL JOINING TOGETHER, WORKING TOGETHER TO BUILD SOMETHING OUT OF THE ORDINARY SO ALL CAN SEE THE EFFECT "ONENESS & TEAM" STANDS FOR.

TO ALL INVOLVED...CONGRATULATIONS ON SPREADING THE SCION NAME AND FOR BEING A TEAM....CONGRATULATIONS TO SCINERGY ON THEIR WIN...YOU BOTH MADE THE SCION NATION PROUD!
Old 10-21-2006, 01:32 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Turned out nice!
Old 10-21-2006, 04:23 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

Scikotics
SL Member

that is just sickly, insanly, radically AWESOME! i like that roof scoop. ahh get this baby in the dirt!
Old 10-21-2006, 04:29 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Love it all...fog lights are hard to get used to, but hey, other then that, I love it!
Old 10-21-2006, 04:52 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

i want action shots. that thing is sick and has been well contstructed. you should deffinately make this apparent to scion.
Old 10-21-2006, 06:04 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Team XcelsiA
SL Member

Let's see this thing on the dirt!
Old 10-21-2006, 06:39 PM

10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Strictly Scionized
SL Member
Scinergy

that car is absolutely sick! i love it. keep up the good work and it you wanna build another xa, shoot me a pm, lol
Old 10-21-2006, 06:49 PM
jct
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

whens the awd coming out for your ride
Old 10-21-2006, 07:39 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Team XcelsiA
SL Member

AWD is already out for iSt's, It's just expensive.
Old 10-21-2006, 07:42 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

Scikotics
SL Member

Originally Posted by IllNist
Love it all...fog lights are hard to get used to, but hey, other then that, I love it!
yeah it took me a lil to get over, but you gotta remember, it is a rally car
Old 10-21-2006, 07:53 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member

That is honestly one of the most inspiring builds Ive ever seen. You've somehow managed to get inside my brain to see what I wanted to do with my xB. Those aluminum door panels are amazing and exactly my plan for my xB. You even relocated the master swith to the center console!!!! AMAZING. This car makes me an even prouder member of Scion Evolution and I will be thinking about this xA for weeks. I want more pics and more detailed specs. Who do I have to contact to find out the info I need??? I have to talk with the brain behind this build...

FREAKIN AWESOME!!!!!!
Old 10-21-2006, 07:58 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Team XcelsiA
SL Member

I'd like some hp ratings and other stuff too.
Old 10-21-2006, 08:14 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scion Evolution

Thank you for all the kind words.

As this was a great opporunity to create something that I have never experienced before..,.This car had no audio, no video, no fancy interior, no plush carpeting. It was an oppportunity for us to explore a different side of our creativity, and I thank the build team and scion for allowing me the great opportunity.

But yes, love it or hate it, at least appreciate the hard work that we put into it to make our club (SE), a premier club. To show our members we are about taking chances, trying new things, and continue to evolve.

I hope everyone can appreciate what we have done for the community as a whole.

Hang tight...

You will see action shots soon...It has been lined up...

for the time being here are some images that inspired this build.

Old 10-21-2006, 08:16 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member
Scion Evolution

Thanks everyone you don't know how much this means to the build team we put our hearts and souls into it; all of us had an integral part of completing this project.

Feel free to e-mail any question or info request to toy.xbox@gmail.com

Thanks again for the positive post and encouragement….

S.E.R.T. - “Rally On”
Old 10-21-2006, 08:26 PM
jct
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by xSTANDxSTRONGx
AWD is already out for iSt's, It's just expensive.
i already knew that, but it sure would be well worth it too!!!
Old 10-21-2006, 09:02 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member

I'm still speachless about this thing. I just cant get over how amazingly awesome it is...

...I'm sending you an email right now ToyBox.
Old 10-21-2006, 09:15 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Team ScioNRG

This car = Absolutely, Freakin' Awesome

Who knew the xA would look so darn good in a Rally Uniform. Awesome work guys!
Old 10-21-2006, 09:20 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member

Wow greta job guys cant wit to see it in action!!!

Quick Reply: Scion Evolution S.E.R.T. xA @@UPDATED link to HCI feature