Scion xA Owners Lounge
2004-2006.5 [NCP61]

Thinking about a Scion xA

Search this Thread

Old 11-29-2004, 06:00 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scinergy

let's just say that i just came back from a trip from Los Angeles to San Francisco and back and not once did I feel that my car did not have enough power. i have the xA RS 1.0 and love it to death. The moonroof was a big sell there. The auto dimming mirror i'd think twice about. Lot of money for not all that big a difference. i have an automatic for two reasons. one is living in LA i deal with a lot more stop and go traffic than most other places and i don't have to worry about bad weather, and two it was what the dealer had on the lot at the time. having driven stick previously, i must say that i miss it immensely now but stand by my decision. although, i have been told that the clutch on the manual xA is really easy to learn on... good luck on owning a 1 out of 1550 car...
Old 11-30-2004, 07:44 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member
Team ScioNRG

I just spoke with my dealership.....my Indigo Ink Pearl 2005 Scion xA arrived at the dealership today!!! YAY!!! :D :D :D

But the frikkin TRD parts (short shifter, clutch & muffler) aren't, so I have to wait!!! AAARRRGGGHHH!!!!

He said I can drive it (they have the AEM intake in stock) and come back for the TRDs.

Sorry.....just needed to rant. I hate waiting.
Old 11-30-2004, 07:55 PM
5 Year Member

Default xA Release 1.0 is the way to go...

To anyone thinking about getting the xA Release 1.0;

I test drove several vehicles in my search for a reasonably priced econobox. I went with the intention of NOT spending more than 16k-17k (total, taxes, tags, etc.), while getting good fuel economy and a sporty look and feel. The regular xA (while a good car) just seemed like a 1/2 baked Echo (which in a way, it is). Then I test drove the xA Release 1.0 (deciding to give the Scion brand another shot). Needless to say the option package for this car made all the difference. I'm not going on pure looks, I'm talking about the all around feel and "fun factor" as well. Tight suspension, an above average wheel and tire package, and a reasonably nimble motor. Scion essentially added the "base mods" to this car and made it into a daily driver worth owning.

If you're on the fence about getting one, take it from a very satisfied owner, don't wait until they are all gone. And, skip the automatic...this car should have a mandatory 5-Speed :D

-Aaron-
Old 12-01-2004, 04:42 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member
Team ScioNRG

I can have my baby on Thursday (minus the TRD parts for now), but I got to see her today.....she's mighty purrty
Old 12-01-2004, 04:45 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

The only thing bad about the RS1 is that it is red and made by Toyota. Which means the paint will be pink by the time the car is 4-5 years old.