2004-2006.5 [NCP61]

torn

Search this Thread

Old 10-17-2006, 07:29 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by george_da_2nd
can you guys try and convince me to keep the xA....
-In my opinion, the xA is more unique. The tC looks alot like many other cars.

-The xA gets better milage. Nobody cares now that gas is lower, but it'll be over $3 a gallon again.

-The xA ( from what I've gathered on here) seems to have fewer quality issues. It seems like the tC is plagued with squeeks and rattles. My xA is solid and quiet.

That's just 3 right off the top of my head. I love my xA. I had my choice of several other cars (including the tC) and I chose the xA.
Old 10-17-2006, 08:39 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

my beef about quality with the xA is the 5M trany. the syncros are vegue and they are notchy and quite loud. the tC has 3 cone syncros on first and second gear... thats nice. my xA also rattles like a soda can in the wind.... mabey its my sub that i installed though.....
Old 10-18-2006, 02:15 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

How to make the xA look a little better? Lower it, and throw on a nice set of alloys. Improves the look dramatically.

When I got my car, I was offered the extra money just to get a tC. Look what I'm driving...

I got my xA because it was different, small, handled well, and was great on gas. The tC, while still a smaller car, is rather large compared to my xA, and it does get worse mileage. In the 7 months that I've had my car, I've averaged about 31 MPG. With the tC, I wouldn't even think about averaging any more than 26.

I would bring it up with your dad, just tell him that the xA doesn't really suit you. Don't become hostile or get an attitude over it, just break down the facts to him plain and simple.
Old 10-18-2006, 06:44 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I'd go to the dealer, get all the figures in writing, then go home and read them over. IF it looks like you can swing the new payments (on your own interest rate) and you really want the tC, go have a man to man with your dad. He will appreciate that you are showing the maturity to get the facts and that you have thought it through. He will then be more open to you trading the car. Either that or you will see that you will loose your tail swapping cars so soon, no matter what interest rate you get and then you can decide that right now, trading isn't the best idea. That way, you found out on your own and didn't have to get in a big fight with your dad or your mom and have 5 months of strife.
I know that the more I did to earn my dad's reapect the more respect I had for him as well. I'd love for him to see me now.

No one can tell you what to do to make your car stand out at the family get togethers... it already does!