Notices
Scion xA Owners Lounge
2004-2006.5 [NCP61]

xA Gripes (though I like it overall)

Search this Thread

Old 07-09-2004, 04:24 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

Default xA Gripes (though I like it overall)

Hey--
Just got a Scion xA to replace my '96 Civic Hatchback.

I'm not much for customizing, I'm all about the stock. So far the additional airbags and floormats are the only extras I've gone for...

Anyway, just some complaints:
1. rear visibility SUCKS if the back seats headrests are in...and you can't remove or replace the headrests without tilting the seat forward...
2. The horn is way too easy to accidentally hit, it extends too far out...I wish the silver border on the sides wasn't part of the section that you can press.
3. Don't know what's up with the wheel covers...either they're getting stolen, or the salesguy didn't install them right (he was kind of bumbling with 'em, another guy had to tell him to remove the wire) and 3 are missing.

Haven't seen too many other Scions out in the Boston burbs--one xA, and one xB driven by a young cute gal. I was considering getting a MINI instead, but even though I wish I saw more Scions around, I'm kind of glad I didn't get the Cooper...people want to ride in one once, but they might be getting over exposed. (Also there was NO frickin' rear legroom at all.) Also, there's something corny about the purposefully retro cars, like the Cooper, the PT Cruiser, the new Beetle. The xA is more authentic in that way.

Ah well. Just some thoughts.
Old 07-09-2004, 11:21 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Premium Member

https://www.scionlife.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=19390

Please try not to multi-post, kirk.

Thanks