Notices
Scion xA/xB 1st-Gen Drivetrain & Power Engine and transmission discussions...

Anyone know about R1WURKS pulleys?

Search this Thread

Old 09-20-2007, 04:58 PM
Banned
SL Member

Default Anyone know about R1WURKS pulleys?

Is a crank pulley the same as an Alternator pulley?

This looks different to me. I have no idea.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Scion...QQcmdZViewItem
Old 09-20-2007, 04:59 PM
Banned
SL Member

They have sold quite a few. Sometimes the bidding gets competitive. Other times not so much.
Old 09-20-2007, 06:49 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Team XcelsiA
Team Sushi
SL Member

alternator pulley has a smaller diameter than the crank pulley
Old 09-20-2007, 08:21 PM
Banned
SL Member

Oh I see. It sure doenst look like the crank pulley from the install instructions I have seen on SL.

What do you think? Good idea?
Old 09-20-2007, 09:12 PM
Banned
SL Member

I got one for a penny plus 15 bucks shippping.

I have seen them go sorta high priced.
Old 09-20-2007, 09:17 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Team XcelsiA
Team Sushi
SL Member

well if it is lighter i see why not cause stock stuff is heavy i have installed pulleys on TC,XA, and XB and every time they tell me they fellt a little performance but it veries depending on what other bolt ons you have i say do it.... it might make your alternator perform better incase you have audio good luck
Old 09-21-2007, 01:31 AM
jct
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

that pully looks to be oversized
Old 09-21-2007, 06:29 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member
Team ScioNRG

ive only seen it on ebay or other auction sites overseas. they may be ok but im not willing to sacrifice my daily driver just to save afew bucks.
Old 09-21-2007, 08:54 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

its not a matter of saving a few bucks, and you certainly wouldnt loose your daily driver (in other words the crank isnt going to walk and make valve slap from an alenator pulley)...

its a matter of picking up a part that nobody else manufactures for our vehicles.
I personally purchased one and i am going to check the balance and weight difference as soon as i pick it up.

I will start another thread when i recieve the product showing install (assuming its a quality product).
Old 09-21-2007, 09:00 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Team XcelsiA
Team Sushi
SL Member

sounds good man i will be watching... would like to also purchase this part
Old 09-21-2007, 10:51 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member
Team ScioNRG

yes, keep us posted. i have been interested, just dont have the guts to put something on my car that isnt tested as far as i know.
Old 09-23-2007, 03:47 AM
Banned
SL Member

Cool beans BF!

I still havent received mine yet.

The seller keeps putting them up for sale so if anyone gets outbid they will probably get another shot real quick.
Old 09-23-2007, 05:00 AM
Former Sponsor
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I really don't want to sound like a jackass guys... so I hope none of you take offense to this...

It is not a matter of having something that no one else produces/ has produced for your application.

NST www.NonStopTuning.com has had a full kit (crank pulley and alternator pulley) available for the xA and xB for over three years now. Unfortunately the xA/xB crowd has not shown us much support with this kit thus far...

http://www.nonstoptuning.com/pKitToySciXAXB.htm

CR-Lite Crank Pulley is an OEM diameter crank pulley that weighs about 70% lighter than the OEM crank pulley.

18% Overdrive Alternator Pulley is also about 70% lighter than the OEM pulley and will speed up the alternator just a tad to allow the alternator to produce a better charge at idle. This is very beneficial for those owners who run big stereos, extra lighting, and other accessories which require more juice from the electrical system.

NST offers more pulleys for the Scion lineup than all of our competition combined. 95% of our business is pulleys and we work very very hard to produce the best pulleys on the market.

Good luck and have fun everyone
Old 09-23-2007, 12:33 PM
Banned
SL Member

Maybe its your prices.

Anyway, I am looking forward to checking out the one I have ordered.

If not, its only 15 bucks. so who cares.
Old 09-24-2007, 07:14 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by NonStopTuning
I really don't want to sound like a jackass guys... so I hope none of you take offense to this...

It is not a matter of having something that no one else produces/ has produced for your application.

NST www.NonStopTuning.com has had a full kit (crank pulley and alternator pulley) available for the xA and xB for over three years now. Unfortunately the xA/xB crowd has not shown us much support with this kit thus far...

http://www.nonstoptuning.com/pKitToySciXAXB.htm

CR-Lite Crank Pulley is an OEM diameter crank pulley that weighs about 70% lighter than the OEM crank pulley.

18% Overdrive Alternator Pulley is also about 70% lighter than the OEM pulley and will speed up the alternator just a tad to allow the alternator to produce a better charge at idle. This is very beneficial for those owners who run big stereos, extra lighting, and other accessories which require more juice from the electrical system.

NST offers more pulleys for the Scion lineup than all of our competition combined. 95% of our business is pulleys and we work very very hard to produce the best pulleys on the market.

Good luck and have fun everyone

can u make a water pump pulley like yall did for the tc cuzz i would deff buy one but yea how much shipped to 30297.....but yea im waiting for my alt. pulley as well
Old 09-24-2007, 11:44 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scion Evolution

i have the nst pulley kit, its very nice and backed by a name brand. that ebay pulley looks to be bigger, my nst is much smaller. intrested in seeing brandons review of the ebay pulley
Old 09-24-2007, 02:20 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by OakToddler
Maybe its your prices.

Anyway, I am looking forward to checking out the one I have ordered.

If not, its only 15 bucks. so who cares.
Here's the problem in buying something cheap and offbrand. You pay for what you get. Maybe its a great item, maybe its not. But here's the way to look at it, its not $15 that u will lose if its a cheaply made product, but it can cost you as little as alternator belt or as much as an engine (not alternator pulley, but crank pulley could). I guess what im trying to say is, im not blaming you for trying new company, new cheap product, but don't go into it as im only gonna be short $15 , but go into it as , Im a risk taker and i wanna give it a benefit of a doubt. Pulley is not just a round thingy that holds a belt on it it requires a lot or precision and of course it has to be strong. Just because they advertise it lighter than stock, doesnt necessarily mean its stronger like the ones NST make.
But I sure as hell wanna hear what your and Brandon's review is going to be.
Old 09-24-2007, 02:42 PM
Banned
SL Member

You are totaly right SImmo!

I just wanna check it out.
Old 09-24-2007, 04:52 PM
Former Sponsor
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by autopainter13
i have the nst pulley kit, its very nice and backed by a name brand. that ebay pulley looks to be bigger, my nst is much smaller. intrested in seeing brandons review of the ebay pulley
This Ebay pulley is an UNDERDRIVE pulley. Underdriving will slow your alternator and will cause your alternator to loose a bit of charging ability at low RPMs, especially around idle. Such a design should theoretically free up about 1hp on such an engine. This is something that race cars would use to squeeze every last bit of power out of their setup... but the negatives are usually not worth it for people building street cars. Especially those with stereo systems, lighting, etc.

This is precisely why NST alternator pulleys are OVERDRIVE pulleys. NST alternator pulleys will actually allow your alternator to charge better than the OEM setup at low RPMs, especially around idle. This design is very beneficial for those of you with extra lighting, neons, audio/video equipment, etc.

All NST pulleys are also about 70% ligther than the OEM pulleys they replace... this provides you with the extra throttle response that you are all after.

Many thanks to those of you who have supported us thus far, I certainly do appreciate it. Your support is the reason we can continue to sponsor and support Scion events such as Scion Expo, Scion Exposed, Scion Invasion, and other events designed to promote your cars and lifestyle.

Old 09-24-2007, 05:03 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member

I have to agree with that statement, A pulley is not just a round cut item slapped on a car. A lot of r&d goes into producing a pulley to perfect specifications. Somthing on ebay that cost less than the price of a belt for the car is NOT somthing I would slap on my ride which is why I also trust and use NST product specifically.

Quick Reply: Anyone know about R1WURKS pulleys?