Notices
Scion xA/xB 1st-Gen Drivetrain & Power Engine and transmission discussions...

Buyers Guide: Scion xA/xB Intakes

Search this Thread

Old 06-16-2006, 08:48 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

OK, it look's to be the same engine & engine bay. So i read the AEM Type "L-pipe" is fit on Xb so it will fit and for me. Has enyone in here this intake?
Old 06-16-2006, 10:55 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I Installed the Volant...LOVE it Bought A Tanabe Front Tower Bar Modified The Brackets So now Strut Bar Goes Behind The Intake....Works Great and Not Many People Have This Set Up
Old 06-18-2006, 03:08 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Default here is my picture volant air intake upper tower bar

Old 06-18-2006, 06:03 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

How is that volant, gains,install,info,PLZ! looks koo.
Old 06-18-2006, 03:48 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Install Easy....Did Have To Make A Gasket For mas Sensor Instructions Were Limitted......You Only Need Common Sense......The Instructions Said Thier Was A Gasket For Mas Sensor.....Didnt See One yet My Gasket Is Probley Better.......About 30 to 40 minutes......Gains vUp To 18 horsepower...40 ftlbs Torque Carb Certified 50 States.......Per Thier Statement...I Feel It Helps A Lot........Look On The Web volant You Can Get Quite Bit Info At Various Sites
Old 06-18-2006, 03:50 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

It Does Not Come With Extra Tubing...Do Not Buy Thiers...i Got mine At Pep Boys....Perfect Fit
Old 06-19-2006, 11:19 PM
Banned
SL Member

WOW looks great!

Its a freaking monster!

What the total price?

Congrats!
Old 06-20-2006, 12:03 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

289 to 298 depends on where you buy the extra tubes 20 thanks
Old 06-20-2006, 05:27 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by redfins
...Gains vUp To 18 horsepower...40 ftlbs Torque Carb Certified 50 States.......Per Thier Statement...
If you believe those claims, I have got some products you would love to buy. Those are probably some of the most ridiculous claims I have ever heard for an intake on the 1nzfe platform.
Old 06-20-2006, 11:31 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I Never Said I Believed Those Claims........Guess You Didnt Read All....per Thier Statement The World Allways Has A Know It All
Old 06-21-2006, 03:28 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

they need to update and include the FUJITA short-ram and cold air intakes...
Old 06-22-2006, 03:44 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I Never Said I Believed Those Claims........Guess You Didnt Read All....per Thier Statement The World Allways Has A Know It All
I did read it all, and the fact that you added "per their statements" means absolutely nothing. I also did some checking, and Volant never makes any claims on their website for performance gains on the xB. Some of the resellers though make the same exact claim you quoted. What they don't say (and what you probably didn't know) is that the performance gain figures are in reference to ALL Volant products. Not in reference to the xB specifically.

It really doesn't matter if it was you, them, or some retarded monkey hitting a keyboard with a bunch of bananas said it. The fact remains that when it gets posted in this (or any) forum it is nothing more than perpetuating propaganda.

Anyone can read what you posted. And if you don't believe their claims why post it as all? The information is B.S. and anyone with half a clue about our cars, and their motors knows that. Heck, there are guys with FORCED INDUCTION that can barely lay claim to those kinds of numbers!

And lastly, it isn't about being a know it all. It is about trying to stop the spread of misinformation where I can. Specifically on the Scionlife forums.
Old 06-22-2006, 04:59 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Install Easy....Did Have To Make A Gasket For mas Sensor Instructions Were Limitted......You Only Need Common Sense......The Instructions Said Thier Was A Gasket For Mas Sensor.....Didnt See One yet My Gasket Is Probley Better.......About 30 to 40 minutes......Gains vUp To 18 horsepower...40 ftlbs Torque Carb Certified 50 States.......Per Thier Statement...I Feel It Helps A Lot........Look On The Web volant You Can Get Quite Bit Info At Various Sites
^^This was a post made. Seems innocent enough. I don't believe any ridiculous claims are being made here. Just a guy talking about his experience installing his intake, talking about what the company that makes it claims, and that he thinks it helps alot.

The following is a post that started along this thread because of the seemingly harmless post quoted above:
Originally Posted by RTon20s
I did read it all, and the fact that you added "per their statements" means absolutely nothing. I also did some checking, and Volant never makes any claims on their website for performance gains on the xB. Some of the resellers though make the same exact claim you quoted. What they don't say (and what you probably didn't know) is that the performance gain figures are in reference to ALL Volant products. Not in reference to the xB specifically.

It really doesn't matter if it was you, them, or some retarded monkey hitting a keyboard with a bunch of bananas said it. The fact remains that when it gets posted in this (or any) forum it is nothing more than perpetuating propaganda.

Anyone can read what you posted. And if you don't believe their claims why post it as all? The information is B.S. and anyone with half a clue about our cars, and their motors knows that. Heck, there are guys with FORCED INDUCTION that can barely lay claim to those kinds of numbers!

And lastly, it isn't about being a know it all. It is about trying to stop the spread of misinformation where I can. Specifically on the Scionlife forums.
I don't think his post in any way stated that his Volant intake was going to give those kind of numbers on his car. Such a rough critique of peoples posts.
It's interesting to see that RTon20s' noble purpose in his attack on your post was to "stop the spread of misinformation" where he can.
If he really believed that "The information is B.S. and anyone with half a clue about our cars, and their motors knows that", then he wouldn't feel the need to point that out. Of course, if he said that in order to imply that you don't know anything- well that's just wrong.

redfins, there was nothing wrong with your post.

Don't take it personally. See, if you click on RTon20s profile thingy on the left ,and then click on his post counter in his profile- it will show you all posts made by him....You will see that our friend has no real problem with you, or your posts. He likes to be inflammatory. This is just what he does here.
Old 06-22-2006, 09:37 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by hawaiiguy
they need to update and include the FUJITA short-ram and cold air intakes...
Are the Injen IS2100 and Fujita SR3100 the same thing? The look identical. Is there any reason to get one over the other? I am torn between the 2. It appears as if the Fujita is slightly less expensive.

Also, what is the machined flat on the top of both units? Is there a cover there or something to attach?
Old 06-22-2006, 09:46 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Team ScionEyed
SL Member

it's the same exact intake. Just get the YDR and save money.

The flat top is the MAF attachment.
Old 06-22-2006, 09:55 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
StyleWagons
Scikotics
SL Member

I actually got to drive Redfins car after the intake install and it will haul and it is an auto. I drive a stick with a header and an intake and his feels about as peppy if not more. He is drawing cold air all over the place with his intake.
Old 06-22-2006, 11:25 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Old 06-22-2006, 11:36 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Thanks Bird I Was Trying To be Helpfull
Old 06-23-2006, 12:26 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by hayalex6
it's the same exact intake. Just get the YDR and save money.

The flat top is the MAF attachment.
I found the YDR, but where do I get it?

I was wondering what atached to the spot, since all the pictures I see have nothing attached.

So attaching these (CAI) will lower my torque? I may just pass since I have an auto and need all of the take-off torque I can get.
Old 06-23-2006, 12:38 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Team ScionEyed
SL Member

There's a thread on this website, in the sponsored sales section for the YDR intake.

Quick Reply: Buyers Guide: Scion xA/xB Intakes