Notices
Scion xA/xB 1st-Gen Drivetrain & Power Engine and transmission discussions...

Fed up with xB..

Search this Thread

Old 07-13-2006, 04:43 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

got home too late yesterday to call scion (damned job )...

dealer called a couple hours ago - car went to the body shop yesterday & they're ordering parts today.... wouldn't ya think that a week and a half after the incident occurred they'd know what kind of repairs would be needed & have the parts ordered to make the fix?

Old 07-13-2006, 05:57 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

The Family
SL Member

Then I would ask to see the mechanic and then through the lemons at him!
Old 07-13-2006, 08:35 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

so whats the time count you havent had your car now?>
Old 07-13-2006, 09:36 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

29 days as of today... parts are supposed to be in for the body shop to get started tomorrow.

after a week and a half in the focus I figured out today that I could lower the front seat & get my head off the roof
Old 07-13-2006, 10:08 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Sorry dude, I know how picky I am about mine, let your dealer know you don't feel good about driving it now and you need something done, like a trade for a new one. Long shot but worth a try
Old 07-19-2006, 03:21 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

supposed to get the car back tomorrow... after 35 days at the dealer. They're waiting on one more part - they just noticed the radio/dash trim was damaged when the stereo was stolen, so they're replacing that too

These are the things they should've noticed 2 weeks ago...

I spoke with Scion (sent them a 5 page email & they called me to talk about it) - they say if I get my car back & have problems to call them, not the dealer & they'll take care of stuff for me. They were interested in my statement about not wanting the car anymore, almost sounds like there's an out for me if I still have problems.

I'll post up when I get the car back... kindof looking forward to getting my car back, but dreading what I'll find at the same time
Old 07-19-2006, 04:13 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

...report it as a lemon get the hell out of the deal. To many fixes for the time that you have had it. Grab a lawyer while your at it
Old 07-19-2006, 10:03 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

Well, I was supposed to have my car today (not the first time they've told me that & failed to deliver though)

Dealer says 'the paint guy saw something he just doesn't like & he's not going to let it go - it's just a little spot'.... 'xxx will definately have the new dash in tomorrow' (xxx = mechanic who screwed it up the first time).... 'you'll definately have the car back before the weekend'

WTF - when will I get my car back? before the weekend doesn't mean tomorrow....

Old 07-19-2006, 11:00 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

Thats some crazy ****
Old 07-20-2006, 01:22 AM
Admin Emeritus

10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I assume you are giving daily updates to the mothership (Scion HQ)?

This whole thing is sad - and quite unacceptable.

Tom
Old 07-20-2006, 03:05 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I'm trying not to form an opinion until it's finished.

A lot of the blame goes to the thief.
Old 07-20-2006, 01:54 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

I have had contact with scion HQ twice (really 3 times, I guess) - once was an email in which I detailed everything that has happened (typed in word & pasted into their email form... 5 pages), once again when they called me to discuss the email, then once again by email (replied to their reply).

I've been told (and mostly agreed at the time) it sounded like the dealer was doing everything they could to make the car 'like new' again. The scion rep I spoke to asked me to wait until I got the car back - if there are problems with it, contact scion again & they'd take care of things... they didn't want me to work directly with the dealer again if there are still problems when I get the car back.

The rep I spoke with was also interested in the statement I made about not wanting this car anymore - he asked a few questions about that & what car I'd get next (I have no problems with other scions .... just don't want this one). Sounded like I have an out (through scion) if things continue.

I agree that alot of the blame goes to the theif (I'm even partially to blame - this likely wouldn't have happened if I had removed the faceplate from my stereo before leaving the car at the dealer), but I'm just PO'd in general about the whole situation - it's been a series of unfortunate events put into motion by shoddy mechanical work.
Old 07-21-2006, 01:19 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Wagonistas
SL Member

^^^^If they opened the door asking you what car you would pick, then jump into the door by saying I want a brand new xB just like the one I originally bought...I agree, this whole situation is sad and unacceptable...Good luck in what ever you choose to do...
Old 07-21-2006, 04:00 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

Well I got the car back tonight - it's been back once (AC didn't work & still doesn't completely... or maybe the focus just had better AC) & will be going back again wednesday for paint work (they said they could keep it until then, or I could bring it back then - I agreed to take the car & bring it back).

All of the issues have been resolved & the car runs like new (actually better now that the transmission is right), but there is still theft damage they haven't fixed... I'll post pics in a bit.
Old 07-21-2006, 04:42 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Yay.

If you take anything home unfinished make sure you get paperwork stating what remains to be fixed.
Old 07-21-2006, 04:52 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

pics....

Door scratches (below rear passenger door quarter window) - they kindof look like specs of dust in the pic. they are scratches:
http://home.austin.rr.com/rball5/DSC01656%20(Large).JPG

Scratch from auto toyz installing the new sirius antenna (don't know why they removed my old slim-antenna):
http://home.austin.rr.com/rball5/DSC01657%20(Large).JPG

Sticker residue from old antenna (no big deal, but they 'detailed' the car before giving it back):
http://home.austin.rr.com/rball5/DSC01658%20(Large).JPG

A/C switch bracket thing - broken clips... not held in by anything now:
http://home.austin.rr.com/rball5/DSC01660%20(Large).JPG
http://home.austin.rr.com/rball5/DSC01661%20(Large).JPG
http://home.austin.rr.com/rball5/DSC01662%20(Large).JPG

New radio install - newer radio than what I had. This one has a usb connector to connect ipod. They even hooked up my aux RCA's, sub RCA's, and remote wire. good install, but dash kit doesn't fit as well as the one I had previously:
http://home.austin.rr.com/rball5/DSC01663%20(Large).JPG

Temp selector **** - when turned all the way hot, there is resistance & it returns to this position:
http://home.austin.rr.com/rball5/DSC01665%20(Large).JPG

When I picked up the car, the air was coming out of the side vents & floor (not the center vents) and none of the controls worked - returned to dealer & they fixed it. Now the AC doesn't get as cold as it used to - verified by testing mine vs my wifes car with a thermometer used for AC work - hers gets 10 degrees cooler when driven around the block then parked in the driveway to read guage... I'm guessing the last picture has something to do with this.

The car will be going back wednesday for the paint to be fixed... I took the dash apart when I got home to program the steering wheel controls to work the way I wanted - that's how I noticed the broken stuff.

Overall I'm very happy (car runs great & stereo is good) - there are just a couple issues left for them to take care of.
Old 07-21-2006, 05:57 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member

Man that sucks.. I was afraid when I had to leave my car at the dealer for a week once while on vacation.. (another car/long story) I sure hope they get everything fixed..
Old 07-21-2006, 01:50 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

Well... I posted above that the stereo was good.... it isn't. Sirius didn't work for like 4 minutes after the car was started this morning & it takes 30 seconds to tune a new channel (sirius only - FM works fine but has poor reception). Don't know if it's the antenna, the tuner, or what.
Old 07-21-2006, 02:53 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Two of those are the same thing, it looks like they will have to replace the A/C switch assembly.

If you can get behind the radio check to see if the antennas are plugged in all the way.
Old 07-21-2006, 07:50 PM
Admin Emeritus

10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Also on the FM reception problem: Make certain that the OEM antenna amplifier is hooked up properly so that it is powered by the new head unit - if it's not powered, reception will majorly suck...

(see https://www.scionlife.com/forums/vie....php?p=1376934)

Tom

Quick Reply: Fed up with xB..