Notices
Scion xA/xB 1st-Gen Drivetrain & Power Engine and transmission discussions...

greddy turbo kit xb

Search this Thread

Old 03-29-2004, 01:52 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Team ScioNRG

Default greddy turbo kit xb

$2548.00 @ www.hopupracing.com that gets you the whole kit. i'm stoked thought it would be june b/f the kit came out. do you guys think the greddy will be better power than rev. or blitz? $2548 doesn't sound bad if it comes with all thats needed.
Old 03-29-2004, 02:20 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scion Evolution

it's like $1900+ on i-m-racing.com
Old 03-29-2004, 02:24 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Team ScioNRG

sorry dude, i was going by the fact that they have updated their website. it has been saying t.b.a. but now its actually giving a price and saying that its available. i will be sure to call them tomorrow and find out as much as i can and let the fellows know whats going down.
Old 03-29-2004, 02:37 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
sIcKsCiOnS
Team ScioNRG
DelMarVa
Scion Evolution
Scion Tuners

let us know man....id rather grab the greddy turbo than the blitz system....
Old 03-29-2004, 02:38 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

shouldn't this work with the xA also or will the setup be completely different?
Old 03-29-2004, 02:44 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scion Evolution

last time i talk to greddy they were just finishing up the ecu to complete the project
Old 03-29-2004, 03:07 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Team ScioNRG

Originally Posted by ikonXone
shouldn't this work with the xA also or will the setup be completely different?
i haven't really checked under the hood of a xa but there shouldn't be any dif. besides pipe routing. correct me if i'm wrong
Old 03-29-2004, 03:57 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

1900 is without intercooler so it looks like hopup is a little cheaper. A question I know if you want more power then you would go with a intercooler but if you are looking for the same power output does the intercooler improve the reliability and create less wear. I heard different opinions on the issue some say yes it does improve reliability other say that it actually creates more wear and tear becasue of the extra cooled air increases the power at the same boost without interciooler so thus creating more wear so if anyone on this board know for sure which one is the truth.
Old 03-29-2004, 04:08 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scion Evolution

Intercoolers prevent predetonation........preserving the life of an engine running forced induction. Predetonation can turn your smoothly running engine into scrap.

KiL
Old 03-29-2004, 04:31 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Team ScioNRG

^^^^^^ what dude said
Old 03-29-2004, 10:26 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Thanks for the info...ok one more thing on a automatic xb which one would be more reliable blitz supercharger or the greddy turbo with intercooler both producing the same power.
Old 03-29-2004, 11:40 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scion Evolution

People can speculate........and give educated guesses...........but it's really hard to say until people start actually buying the stuff.........and using it..............and then we start hearing the stories about who blew their engines and who didn't........etc.

KiL
Old 03-30-2004, 12:11 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scinergy

I'm concerned about running a turbo in this engine. Don't you have to run lower compression or do some engine work to avoid blowing the engine?
Old 03-30-2004, 12:29 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

bolt on kits are designed to run with the stock engine thats why theyre bolt on kits. i ran a supercharger with my gsr engine and if im correct the the compression of that engine was 10.2 or 10.5 thats pretty high. the SC was pushing 9 psi of boost. i had evrything i was gunna say in my head now its gone but what im trying to say is you can run forced introduction with any compression but you need to run the right amount of boost. when you turn it up thats when you start to have problems. also i believe the greddy kit for the xB will have an internal wastegate so it will only be able to run a certain amount of boost and wont go over 12psi if were lucky
Old 03-30-2004, 05:35 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

turbo GSRs are more fun

j/k
if I'm, not mistaken, i believe both kits (sc and turbo) are claiming around the 7-9 psi range, which should be ok.

not sure what turbine the GReddy is running on their kits (haven't read much about it) but I'm guessing it's a t3/t4.
that being said, you'll notice a little lag before the punch kicks in. superchargers procuce hp across the bandwith (much better for the autos).

Like stated though, until people start installing them (tuned properly) we probably wont get any feedback for a while.
Old 03-30-2004, 04:40 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by phatfront

turbo GSRs are more fun

j/k
if I'm, not mistaken, i believe both kits (sc and turbo) are claiming around the 7-9 psi range, which should be ok.

not sure what turbine the GReddy is running on their kits (haven't read much about it) but I'm guessing it's a t3/t4.
that being said, you'll notice a little lag before the punch kicks in. superchargers procuce hp across the bandwith (much better for the autos).

Like stated though, until people start installing them (tuned properly) we probably wont get any feedback for a while.
They're using a TF-035-14GK. The kit will include a cast manifold, all piping, and emanage... plus you can purchase the intercooler kit as well. The wastegate isnt internal, its integral. Theres still a pressure line going into it, which you can leak with a boost controller (or fishtank valve lol) to get more boost. I will say, it will probably push 12psi max, but this I am uncertain of. The quality of greddy stuff is excellent, though.
Old 04-01-2004, 07:33 PM
5 Year Member

Originally Posted by jdaniels
They're using a TF-035-14GK. The kit will include a cast manifold, all piping, and emanage... plus you can purchase the intercooler kit as well. The wastegate isnt internal, its integral. Theres still a pressure line going into it, which you can leak with a boost controller (or fishtank valve lol) to get more boost. I will say, it will probably push 12psi max, but this I am uncertain of. The quality of greddy stuff is excellent, though.
will these cast iron mani's crack like the miata mani's? is this also a dumbed down pre-tuned unadjustable version of the e-manage w/ the maps preloaded? greddy IC kits have always been BANK. I hope there is a cheaper alternative...
Old 04-01-2004, 07:40 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by TonyC
Originally Posted by jdaniels
will these cast iron mani's crack like the miata mani's? is this also a dumbed down pre-tuned unadjustable version of the e-manage w/ the maps preloaded? greddy IC kits have always been BANK. I hope there is a cheaper alternative...
Never had a problem with a Greddy manifold. And yea, I'm pretty sure its just going to be a "black box" add on that is premapped. All good though, Greddy keeps things pretty cost effective in comparison to supercharger solutions.
Old 04-02-2004, 04:24 AM
5 Year Member

Anybody have any dyno #'s of a turbo xB?
Old 04-02-2004, 04:43 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by rampagesd
last time i talk to greddy they were just finishing up the ecu to complete the project
AN ECU!!!! nice

Quick Reply: greddy turbo kit xb