Notices
Scion xA/xB 1st-Gen Drivetrain & Power Engine and transmission discussions...

Injen Intake Install [Pics]

Search this Thread

Old 11-29-2003, 06:46 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Default Injen Intake Install [Pics]

Old 11-29-2003, 07:32 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scinergy
N.G.S.O.

nice pic and info cant wait to see the dyno

p.s. im moveing this to power hungry i think it will have better use there
Old 11-29-2003, 07:40 PM
Banned
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scinergy
IV ACE

Turbo, did someone say turbo? Xplain yo-self foo.
Old 11-29-2003, 08:03 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

which header(s) and exhaust system(s) are you planning to test :?: :?:
Old 11-29-2003, 09:00 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scion Evolution

looks like your missing the rubber connecting hose. the ingens ivw seen have black hose with their logo on it connecting the trottle body to the intake....

brent
Old 11-30-2003, 04:19 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by showpaojoe
I'm building a turbo system.
Old 11-30-2003, 04:21 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by HotBox
which header(s) and exhaust system(s) are you planning to test :?: :?:
Not sure if I can drop names yet. Everyone has heard of em.
Old 11-30-2003, 04:22 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by tinybigrig
looks like your missing the rubber connecting hose. the ingens ivw seen have black hose with their logo on it connecting the trottle body to the intake....

brent
That was taken off so you could see how close it was. Yes Injen includes the coupler and hose clamps.
Old 11-30-2003, 05:18 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scion Evolution

this sure seems like a fair and unbiased post.
Old 12-01-2003, 04:30 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by LVXB
Of course I'm biased, but I am very fair and I call it as I see it.

I'm not in sales, but R&D. You should have pride in your product.
Old 12-01-2003, 08:13 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by SoCalbBox
Are you located in North Hollywood?
Old 12-01-2003, 08:24 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Team N.V.S.

hey what kind of wheels were on that xb?
Old 12-01-2003, 08:24 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
sIcKsCiOnS
Scion Evolution

So this is not a fair comparison. I am sure that if Injen test their competitions they will find flaws in it or find things to point out.

The only fair way to do this is to have an independent test of all intakes such as Injen, AEM, SPFRm K & N etc.

Personally, when a company says anything about their competition, to me it's a sign of bad business....I am not saying that you are talking smack about Injen and nearly showing us their flaws....but I would personally be turned off by that.
I am in a position to buy parts for our company and when I encounter someone who talks bad about their competition and gives biased answers then I go buy from the next guy who doesn't have to bad mouth their competition for me to buy..

That is just me though..

It just bothers me that you have AEM in the background and you are saying "negative" things in a way about Injen...it's not fair to say the least.

By the way, I know that when someone did a comparison test on Injen and AEM ,,the Injen intake yeilded more HP than AEM.
Both products are excellent and I would use them in a heart beat..but this test was independently done and it was unbiased. I would go with the cheaper one of the two so I can spend what I saved on other items for the car.

Hope to see a more unbiased comparison soon...

Thanks for the information though....
Old 12-01-2003, 10:26 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by scioninla

So this is not a fair comparison. I am sure that if Injen test their competitions they will find flaws in it or find things to point out.

The only fair way to do this is to have an independent test of all intakes such as Injen, AEM, SPFRm K & N etc.

Personally, when a company says anything about their competition, to me it's a sign of bad business....I am not saying that you are talking smack about Injen and nearly showing us their flaws....but I would personally be turned off by that.
I am in a position to buy parts for our company and when I encounter someone who talks bad about their competition and gives biased answers then I go buy from the next guy who doesn't have to bad mouth their competition for me to buy..

That is just me though..

It just bothers me that you have AEM in the background and you are saying "negative" things in a way about Injen...it's not fair to say the least.

By the way, I know that when someone did a comparison test on Injen and AEM ,,the Injen intake yeilded more HP than AEM.
Both products are excellent and I would use them in a heart beat..but this test was independently done and it was unbiased. I would go with the cheaper one of the two so I can spend what I saved on other items for the car.

Hope to see a more unbiased comparison soon...

Thanks for the information though....
I'm not saying don't buy Injen and buy AEM, like I said I'm not here to sell you on products. You may not like the fact that AEM is in the background, but that's the dyno I used. These are my experiences with my car. I didn't bad mouth Injen and I don't push anyone's product.

The fit on the intake system can be improved upon, that's all. The pictures aren't chopped. I'm not sure how you could say the product is excellent if there is a problem fitting it in the car. Other than that the intake does what its supposed to do.

If I'm going to spend my hard earned money on a bolt on product, at least it should fit. We aren't talking about a 4" ragtop or airbags. I expect there to be additional work done.

I can say things about the AEM intake as well if you want, but I'm sure everyone has seen it since you can buy your car with one installed. This is the first time I've seen the Injen intake installed up close.

I'm not doing this because of my job, but rather to help this community. I'm here as an owner. I have an opportunity to help this forum in ways others can't, this is my contribution.
Old 12-01-2003, 10:32 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by Docofmind
Are you located in North Hollywood?
No.
Old 12-01-2003, 11:09 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
sIcKsCiOnS
Scion Evolution

I think to make it a fair comparison...you should highlight both pros and cons with all intakes you tested.
Also it would have been best to take the picture with out the AEM hood in the background..it just makes it seem more biased...as you mentioned earlier.

If AEM has flaws too then you should have mentioned it.
I like both products and support them..but if you are going to compare 2 products it can't be a one sided issue...
Again..thanks for the work you are doing ... I am merely suggesting that it would be fair if you post all the results...negatives and positives of a couple of intakes.

...Also ..do you work for AEM then? Because I wasn't certain if you did....
Old 12-01-2003, 11:20 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

yea definitely post pros and cons of the intakes u tested...
so ppl can make a better decision... :wink:
Old 12-02-2003, 03:08 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scion Evolution

as for the aem when i got mine dynoed it topped 4hp rather than the injen was 9 hp threw out the power band. Also on a note the aem stores a p171 code for system too lean in the ecu. How do i know well i work for toyota and we had a customer complaint
that when he bought a demo at a dealer the car would not pass smog due to the code being picked up by the obd connector. I also noticed on my xb when i first got it with the aem it had a hard time pulling in the top end now with my injen it revs better and can pull easily on the top end. and if you do work for aem tell Joji sorry i got the injen but it clearly out performs aem with little or less bends. Dont think that consumers are stupid and that dyno runs can be manipulated to show more hp. If aem has abetter product than anyone else lets have and independent shop test all the intakes and let the results speak for itself not people who work for the companies.
Old 12-02-2003, 04:29 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scion Evolution

will someone please, please, please do a intake shootout on a dyno and put this topic to rest.

here's the way i'd like to see it go down.

find some scionlife members that have:

1. AEM intake
2. SPFR intake
3. Blitz intake
4. Injen intake

have them all meet at the dyno center

use 1 car, and set it up stock

test stock

then on the same car switch out the intakes 1 by 1 and do a few dyno pulls.

at the end of the day the numbers will speak for themselves i'm sure, and then no one can sit around on the internet and talk about their 9 (riiiiight...) horsepower gain from a simple CAI...

I'm sure that the intakes all make somwhere between 1 and 6WHP - but we'll never know unless we do a test for ourselves.

I'll donate a weekend day and my SPFR intake for the shootout, anyone with a Injen, AEM or Blitz down to help out?

the point is doing a test with the different intakes, on the same car, the same day on the same dyno, that way we'll be sure to get the most revelant and consistant data!

Brian
Old 12-02-2003, 02:46 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by greenbox
as for the aem when i got mine dynoed it topped 4hp rather than the injen was 9 hp threw out the power band. Also on a note the aem stores a p171 code for system too lean in the ecu. How do i know well i work for toyota and we had a customer complaint
that when he bought a demo at a dealer the car would not pass smog due to the code being picked up by the obd connector. I also noticed on my xb when i first got it with the aem it had a hard time pulling in the top end now with my injen it revs better and can pull easily on the top end. and if you do work for aem tell Joji sorry i got the injen but it clearly out performs aem with little or less bends. Dont think that consumers are stupid and that dyno runs can be manipulated to show more hp. If aem has abetter product than anyone else lets have and independent shop test all the intakes and let the results speak for itself not people who work for the companies.
This is the first time I've heard of any stored DTC's. I've been using the AEM for over 10k miles.

Do you work for Toyota or a dealership?

Are you accusing AEM of manipulating their dyno's?

Someone is or will be doing an intake comparison real soon for a book, don't worry.

This isn't a comparison thread or which intake is better. This is about the install for the Injen intake which only fits the xB.

If the Injen intake did make more hp than the AEM, then I'm sure they won't rest until that issue is resolved.

Quick Reply: Injen Intake Install [Pics]