Notices
Scion xA/xB 1st-Gen Drivetrain & Power Engine and transmission discussions...

Looking for exhaust

Search this Thread

Old 10-25-2003, 05:48 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Default Looking for exhaust

But not the ricey type. I do not want the lawnmower sound, or leaf blower sound coming from my car. I'm use to have the V8 sound with some flowmasters.

Which exhaust system would you recommend?

Thanks
Old 10-25-2003, 06:03 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Default Re: Looking for exhaust

Originally Posted by kidkamel
But not the ricey type. I do not want the lawnmower sound, or leaf blower sound coming from my car. I'm use to have the V8 sound with some flowmasters.

Which exhaust system would you recommend?

Thanks
You won't be able to recreate that V8 exhaust note in a little I4 =(. But my friend has a 5Zigen rear section only exhaust on his Civic, and it sounds real nice and deep, not high pitched and raspy like a leaf blower. I will prolly purchase this one if nobody comes out with a cat-back exhaust soon.
Old 10-25-2003, 06:46 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I've heard some that sound real deep. But sound like $hit at full throttle.
Old 10-25-2003, 07:28 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

magnaflow will have one out soon.
Old 10-25-2003, 08:11 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scinergy

I'm using the Tanabe SMHyper and its sounds wicked. It's very deep and not too much louder than the stock. As a matter of fact it sounds like a completely different car.
Old 10-26-2003, 01:06 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Default exhaust notes

i have the TRD exhaust installed on mine....it was on the car at the dealer when i bought it, and it was also the only one i test drove ...so i don't really know what a stocker sounds like....but...mine is really quiet when u r just cruzin, but if you romp on it, it has a nice deep sound, but not too loud
Old 10-26-2003, 01:06 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by ikonXone
I believe Stylis already has a magnaflow setup on his xB. It sounds nice and throaty at idle. He says its very quiet at freeway speeds. He's also got some soundclips of what the exhaust sounds like. To check out his pics of his setup and the sounclips, go here: http://scionxb.net/index_files/styli...is_exhaust.htm
Old 10-26-2003, 05:23 AM

Sorry to say I already talked to the Magna flow representative and the system will not be ready for another year. But I can build you one, just PM me and I will give you the details.

Old 10-26-2003, 05:50 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scion Evolution

Originally Posted by McG XB
Originally Posted by ikonXone
I believe Stylis already has a magnaflow setup on his xB. It sounds nice and throaty at idle. He says its very quiet at freeway speeds. He's also got some soundclips of what the exhaust sounds like. To check out his pics of his setup and the sounclips, go here: http://scionxb.net/index_files/styli...is_exhaust.htm
That is correct, but i think ikonXone is stating that MagnaFlow is coming out with their own version of the cat back exhaust, not a universal muffler welded on to a aftermarket b pipe. Stylis did a great job on his system. Much props.
Old 10-26-2003, 05:43 PM

DenZinz
That is correct, but i think ikonXone is stating that MagnaFlow is coming out with their own version of the cat back exhaust, not a universal muffler welded on to a aftermarket b pipe. Stylis did a great job on his system. Much props.
Thanks for the props brother, yeah the magna flow rep said they are still testing and developing the exhaust. I am not sure if they have a test car though. Go to there website and ask them if you qualify for testing the exhaust on your ride. You have to live in LA though.

Old 10-26-2003, 05:46 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scion Evolution

Originally Posted by Stylis
[DenZinzquote]That is correct, but i think ikonXone is stating that MagnaFlow is coming out with their own version of the cat back exhaust, not a universal muffler welded on to a aftermarket b pipe. Stylis did a great job on his system. Much props.

Thanks for the props brother, yeah the magna flow rep said they are still testing and developing the exhaust. I am not sure if they have a test car though. Go to there website and ask them if you qualify for testing the exhaust on your ride. You have to live in LA though.
Yeah, I've been in contact with them.
Old 10-27-2003, 11:26 PM

So are you going to do it? Are they going to use your vehicle? If so takes some pics, I wanna see what the place looks like inside.

Old 10-27-2003, 11:35 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scion Evolution

Originally Posted by Stylis
So are you going to do it? Are they going to use your vehicle? If so takes some pics, I wanna see what the place looks like inside.
They already had a car.