Notices
Scion xA/xB 1st-Gen Drivetrain & Power Engine and transmission discussions...

Muffler Question

Search this Thread

Old 12-27-2004, 04:20 PM

dude, brad. Don't take my post personally. I am not jawjacking you or anything. I merly pointed out that some business owners will not always point you in their direction. I know I wouldn't, especially if the customer wants something different. You are very helpful on scionlife and I cannot stress how much help you are to the norcal comunity.

Old 12-27-2004, 04:34 PM
Banned
SL Member
Team N.V.S.
Scinergy
Scion Evolution

Originally Posted by Stylis
dude, brad. Don't take my post personally. I am not jawjacking you or anything. I merly pointed out that some business owners will not always point you in their direction. I know I wouldn't, especially if the customer wants something different. You are very helpful on scionlife and I cannot stress how much help you are to the norcal comunity.
Keep playing your games, except you can do it w/ someone else now.

You mean, I was helpful to the Scion Community and to those in the Nor*Cal area!
Old 12-27-2004, 04:37 PM

You were and thats why I want you to stay with us. I am not playing games squirrel, I am trying to make things better between us.

Old 12-27-2004, 04:43 PM
Banned
SL Member
Team N.V.S.
Scinergy
Scion Evolution

Originally Posted by Stylis
You were and thats why I want you to stay with us. I am not playing games squirrel, I am trying to make things better between us.
NO. Can you read w/o reading into posts? NO. NO, is NO. This is not Burger King and you can't always have things your way!
Old 12-27-2004, 04:43 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member
sIcKsCiOnS
Scion Evolution

some business owners will not always point you in their direction. I know I wouldn't, especially if the customer wants something different.
i dont want to get involved but by typing this i already involved myself.
but stylis has helped in so many wayz his expertize has help alot of us non-mechanical oriented scion owners--(like me )

example- i asked about gold lines and tanabe's ..i got the answers i need--he doesnt carry the tanabe but in the end thanks to his help i decided to go with the tanabe.
Now my next dilema is the exhuast.--imma go with the axle back, thanks to his help i decided to purchase the axle back vs. the cat back.

im sure you guyz can work something out. Represent the SE community with luv.

fuji--- the peace maker.
Old 12-27-2004, 04:45 PM
Banned
SL Member
Team N.V.S.
Scinergy
Scion Evolution

Originally Posted by Kong
Oops, I made a wrong comment. It was the header that lose the low-end torque.. .
Whjat little loss that I noticed in the low end, show tremendous gains at 3,500 rpm and higher. No more lag during acceleration. Definitely a must do mod, header and muffler. I still retain the OEM downpipe and cats. But I have 2.25 inch exhaust from the cat back to the tip.
Old 12-27-2004, 04:53 PM
Banned
SL Member
Team N.V.S.
Scinergy
Scion Evolution

Fuji, how would you feel if after a majority of your posts, one person comes along and makes snide remarks about you and your info?

This started when I became involved w/ SE from the start. Then I show up wearing an SE shirt to a meet, and his trashing talking begins. Then when I won a trophy, it starts again, then the next trophy, then featured ride, then the next two trophies, then the exhaust. I don't know if its jealously or what. But I have helped him in more ways than one. And this is the gratitude?

Its never ending, and I'm tired of it. So, I'm bailing and going to do my own thing from now on.
Old 12-27-2004, 05:04 PM
Banned
SL Member
Team N.V.S.
Scinergy
Scion Evolution

You forgot about the part about being a Sponsor also. What kind of cheese did you want?
Old 12-27-2004, 06:10 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member
sIcKsCiOnS
Scion Evolution

i like american cheeeeeeeese.. benjamins that is.. squirrel i hear ya. that doesnt sound good. im not sure what might have trigged the troubles. overal..both of your cars are a piece of work. can i have a trophy?--j/k i hope earn one soon.. so gentle man..lets proceed with not trashing each other posts..im here for the same reasons..to learn--i never like it when somebody is rude to somebody else when they are only beign helpfull. so please fix the prob cause i always preach to peeps about the scion way..its always about luv and nothing else..espcially SE members...im out to lunch..
Old 12-27-2004, 06:40 PM
Banned
SL Member
Team N.V.S.
Scinergy
Scion Evolution

Originally Posted by Fujiz_xb
i like american cheeeeeeeese.. benjamins that is.. squirrel i hear ya. that doesnt sound good. im not sure what might have trigged the troubles. overal..both of your cars are a piece of work. can i have a trophy?--j/k i hope earn one soon.. so gentle man..lets proceed with not trashing each other posts..im here for the same reasons..to learn--i never like it when somebody is rude to somebody else when they are only beign helpfull. so please fix the prob cause i always preach to peeps about the scion way..its always about luv and nothing else..espcially SE members...im out to lunch..
Well, when both parties agree, then the other decides to re-neg and go back doing what they were, forget it.

You can have all of my trophies. Well, except the Scion Nights one.
Old 12-27-2004, 07:19 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member
Team N.V.S.

i'm tellin u man just block gabe from gettin near ya.
Old 12-27-2004, 07:55 PM
5 Year Member

Ok I have a question! I have just installed over the weekend the 5Zigen Fireball Axle-Back Exhaust and I felt it lost a little power in the low end and feels nice above 3000 rpm. I want to know what can I do to increase low end power.
Old 12-27-2004, 08:18 PM
Banned
SL Member
Team N.V.S.
Scinergy
Scion Evolution

Originally Posted by cochise7969
Ok I have a question! I have just installed over the weekend the 5Zigen Fireball Axle-Back Exhaust and I felt it lost a little power in the low end and feels nice above 3000 rpm. I want to know what can I do to increase low end power.
Sounds like its a little too free flowing to me. But then again, any info I post gets second guessed.
Old 12-27-2004, 08:40 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member
Team N.V.S.

an axle back isn't really capable of too much flow. u could just cut the exhaust off at the axle back and it'd be fine. i think more than anything it's in his head. i mean if the 5zige used 3 inch piping it could be that but i doubt it. . hmm u only installed the axle back?
Old 12-27-2004, 08:48 PM
Banned
SL Member
Team N.V.S.
Scinergy
Scion Evolution

Originally Posted by hotbox05
an axle back isn't really capable of too much flow. u could just cut the exhaust off at the axle back and it'd be fine. i think more than anything it's in his head. i mean if the 5zige used 3 inch piping it could be that but i doubt it. . hmm u only installed the axle back?
Yeah, the exhaust sound alone is not a judge on power, loss or gain.
Old 12-27-2004, 08:53 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member
Team N.V.S.

yeah alotta people (myself included) put somethin in/on my car and then think it made it worse or better subconscioly wow i have no idea how that's spelled. lol nm
Old 12-27-2004, 10:32 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member
Scion Evolution

In one of the magazine tests of some axlebacks, they dynoed an xB without a muffler and it lost 3HP.

I'll see if I can find the article...
Old 12-27-2004, 10:46 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member

Originally Posted by squirrel
Just to take it out of the picture would you recommend he disconnect the battery to reset the ECU and then let it idle to relearn?

On the "it's in his head" thought. I swear my exhaust is popping less and I have better low end throttle response since I had the gas tank replaced. Go figure.
Old 12-28-2004, 12:40 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member
Team N.V.S.

hey maybe. how long diud they take to get u the new tank? hmm but yeah i'd relearn the ecu just so you see results quicker. the ecu will learn it otherwise it will just take longer is all.
Old 12-28-2004, 12:50 AM
Banned
SL Member
Team N.V.S.
Scinergy
Scion Evolution

Originally Posted by Dewmerz
Originally Posted by squirrel
Just to take it out of the picture would you recommend he disconnect the battery to reset the ECU and then let it idle to relearn?

On the "it's in his head" thought. I swear my exhaust is popping less and I have better low end throttle response since I had the gas tank replaced. Go figure.
Brian, or you can just disconnect the fuse in the fuse box. Mikochu posted a FAQ on it.

Linked here: https://www.scionlife.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=33062

Quick Reply: Muffler Question