Notices
Scion xA/xB 1st-Gen Drivetrain & Power Engine and transmission discussions...

Need help swapping an engine

Search this Thread

Old 06-18-2017, 01:32 AM

Default Need help swapping an engine

I just purchased a 2005 xB. Even though it seems to run good I want to slowly get it to Awesome condition. I was going to rebuild the engine though I cannot find anyone close to me that does that. I found a place online through this site and they have a good selection of engines. Usually in the 50-60,000 mile range on them with a 5 year/ 50,000 parts warranty. So, my question is. Any advice if this is as good as actually having the engine rebuilt or finding a rebuilt engine? The price for a 05 xB engine is $995.00 and free shipping to a business. I really would prefer a totally rebut engine as I plan on going over this car head to toe as I can afford things. So, anyone out there know of anyone in the new York / 5 boros that rebuilds and is reliable? As I said I am a novice though I love this car more than any I have owned. There is just something about it. Any advice, tips, help would be appreciated...
Thanks!
Old 07-25-2017, 05:14 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Music City Scions
SL Member

These motors should last 300k with basic maintenance. Personally I'd go with a low mile stock motor and run it for another 250K.
BTW, how many miles are on your current motor? You might be surprised how well it could run with some new plugs and a good complete throttle body cleaning. Good luck and keep us posted.