Notices
Scion xA/xB 1st-Gen Drivetrain & Power Engine and transmission discussions...

Scion won't start - please help!!!

Search this Thread

Old 04-03-2017, 07:08 PM

Default Scion won't start - please help!!!

I have a 2006XB that has been in the shop for a month. No one can figure out what is wrong with it. It all started because it had a bad thermostat so the temperature light started flashing. We took it in and had the thermostat replaced. The next day after we got it back it drove fine but we only drove it for 15 minutes. The next day after that it was driven for around 2 miles when temp light started blinking again, the take car to the dealer light came on and the check engine light came on. I was on the freeway so I took the exit and it died on the off ramp. Had it towed back tot he mechanic and found out it had a blown head gasket. Had the blown head gasket replaced and while he was in there he saw the timing chain was bad so he replaced that. Put it all back together and it wouldn't start. He charged the battery all day and it only charged to 30% so we figured it was bad since it was the original - 11 year old battery and replaced it. Still wouldn't start. He checked the plugs and ordered a crank censor. Replaced that, still won't start. He put in a new board, still won't start. Her checked all the wires in the entire car, still won't start. Only 2 pistons are firing. My car has been at the shop for a month and I am out of money and desperately need to have a vehicle. Please help!