Notices
Scion xA/xB 1st-Gen Drivetrain & Power Engine and transmission discussions...

TRD exhaust weight?

Search this Thread

Old 12-17-2007, 05:15 AM

Default TRD exhaust weight?

Was just looking around on sparks to buy a TRD intake and exhaust, and when i went to check out it said the exhaust weighed 150 lbs!? It's probably just me not realizing how heavy an axle back system is, but I'm assuming this is correct? Also, what is with them giving a warranty on Injen intakes and not TRD? This is for 08 tC btw. Thank you ahead of time for your responses.
Old 12-17-2007, 05:22 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

you posted in the wrong forum.

anyway, no, the axel back does not weigh 150 pounds, but it is a large component to ship, so i'd guess the weight is used to calculate the shipping cost because shipping and handling includes both size and weight.

a new front bumper isn't very heavy at all, but because of the size, it has to ship freight, which is very expensive.

as for the warrany on the injen cai versus the trd one.

toyota warranties trd parts, but trd parts classified as race or off-road use only are not warrantied at all, even you buy and install them through a dealership. mainly because of the possibility of hydrolocking your engine.

as for the warranty in injen, bah, what could go wrong? it is piping with a filter at the end, and a flange for the MAF sensor. all they warranty are their parts from manufacturer defect, if you hydro lock your engine, they don't care, you shoulda dodged that puddle.

got a better understanding now?