World record for OE battery? - Scionlife.com

Scion xA/xB 1st-Gen Drivetrain & Power Engine and transmission discussions...

Old 01-06-2018, 06:49 PM   #1  
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Default World record for OE battery?

I just pulled the OE Panasonic battery out of my bay. After 13 years, summers and winters. Every nut and bolt had to be busted to get it out, (I spent $10 for new J bolts, but got away with off-the-shelf hardware, otherwise.)

The Toyota dealer has told me my battery "failed" their test at every oil change for about 3 years now.

It still didn't give me ANY problems. But I decided I wouldn't risk getting stranded any longer. So I got a new battery from Walmart for $98
typhoonorchid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2018, 07:58 PM   #2  
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Yup, that's gotta be some kind of record. I consider 5-6 years up here to be exceptional.
2stroked is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2018, 12:29 PM   #3  
5 Year Member
SL Member

If you get more than 3 years out of any lead acid battery here in Phoenix, you are in a minority.
OEM batteries in general quit faster, so your story is a miracle.
You should start a church - I hear there may be a religious image burned into the side of the battery??
RichBinAZ is offline   Reply With Quote