Notices
Scion xA/xB 1st-Gen Drivetrain & Power Engine and transmission discussions...

Xa vs. Integra

Search this Thread

Old 10-10-2005, 12:48 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

i agree with SheDrivesA_BSPbB ...because its scion its not rice...ive seen many riced scions and as for integra's no scion will beat one theres way to much support for those cars ,unless you get a da teg (90-93) what i had the best one ever made lol..very hard to find parts but well worth it when you do...imeen even cost wise teg 500 bcuks, choice of motor's endless 1,200-4,000 if you want fast buy a 95 civic cx hatch 2,000 then buy a gsr motor 3,500 all stock hit 13 in 1/4 mile want more then turbo next ...and one more thing do research before because i hate it when people dont know what there talking about????
Old 10-10-2005, 04:04 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by SheDrivesA_BSPbB
the xA is slow compared to an Integra, no matter what model the Integra is (RS, LS, GS, GSR, TypeR). to those saying that all Hondas with exhaust sound like "retarded lawnmowers", you need to check what you're saying. it all depends on the exhaust you get. i had a Tanabe Racing Medallion full catback on my GSR and didn't sound at all like an annoying fart-can. Sorry to burst your bubble but some scions with a cheap exhaust sound like fart cans too.

performance: xA < Integra (LS, GSR)
exterior: xA < Integra (3rd Gen. '94-01 & 4th Gen '02-current)
aftermarket support: xA < Integra

sidenote: not all HONDAs are rice! some of you need to get your head out of your butt and check out those Scions with lambo doors, stupid obnoxious graphics, neon lights, etc etc. So just because it's a Scion it's not considered "Rice" ::rolls eyes:: give me a break
^ Schooled.
Old 10-10-2005, 04:36 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Team Sushi
SL Member
Team N.V.S.
Scion Evolution

Originally Posted by dexter_5000
in the view of an autocross racer thats were most cars show there true colors.
. . . that's not necessarily true. Short, autocross tracks lend favor to short wheelbase cars, as they allow faster turn-in and handling response. But with that added agility, you loose high speed stability. The fastest autocross car in the world won't hold a dime to a base model Corvette on a full race track. But in the autocross, you'd better bet on a Corvette coming in behind.

You'll see the trend with all professional racing. . . the higher the speeds go, the longer the wheelbases get, from top fuel funny cars to F1 to CART to Le Mans. You don't see any 200mph Miata's for a reason. Then again, getting an 80's Trans Am to do it is definitely possible. . . and documented.

Miata's rule the autocross for a reason. . .
Old 10-10-2005, 04:54 AM
5 Year Member

Originally Posted by djct_watt
Originally Posted by Chnchapters
Not neccisarly.
I like the looks of an XA way more than a TC, that's why I got one.
Also an XA looks good for a tuner car if you want to put some time into it.

If u said the TC cuz of speed, don't think about that. Sure the Xa is slow, but the TC also is a really slow car. It runs like 16s which is nothing to brag about, so you'd be starting a little bit behind in speed with the xA but not mutch if ur wanting to mod it anyway.
Before tC guys start flaming us, let me clear up this mess!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The best times I know of:
for a stock xA: 16.7
for a stock tC: 15.3

That's a HUGE difference. That's hardly slow (but it's not blazingly fast either). . . but one thing's for sure it's MUCH faster than an xA.

The xA will never be as fast the Integra (comparably modded) in a drag race. Even on a track, you can't beat all around dbl wishbone suspension and 4 wheel disc brakes. The xA's only hope is the autocross.
Thanks for the support man. While tC's are not fast cars they are also not really slow cars. When people ask if my tC is fast i say its quick, but its not fast. I'd like to say as a part of the Scion family I smile every time i see an xA on the road and respect that car greatly for what it is.

As for the Integra, while it is hella faster and easier to mod, it seems to me there is one on every street corner with a grapefruit shooter on the end of it. Kind of boring/played out if you ask me. While the xA won't outrun an Integra, I'd say the xA turns more heads, especially when modded. And turning heads, is what it sounds like this guy wants to do.
Old 10-10-2005, 07:08 PM
X
5 Year Member

Thanks guys. I didnt think it would hurt to ask. Its not like im going to go headlong into buying one and then start asking questions.

I guess im going to just wait it out for a month or two and then see where im at. The integra sounds like a winner.

tC's arent fast either, im already stomping them left and right, and rolling up to an automatic one is like a joke.

but I get bad luck pretty often when roll up on a teg. it can be like the ugliest one ive ever seen too with rice pouring out of the exhaust, and i'll laugh and my passenger will laugh, next thing i know.... there is a loud fart sounding, neon-lit circus pulling away from me

2az sounds great and torquey and all, but i still think its really sluggish and slow revving compared to a B18c or K20a
Old 10-13-2005, 06:21 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

so whos weiner was the biggest in this thread? i got lost in the text!
Old 10-13-2005, 08:56 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

My friend has a 1999 Solara SLE V6 and I will say, yes they are heavy, but there is potential there.

http://www.sportcompactcarweb.com/fe...102scc_solara/

I know you asked about comparing the xA and teg, but I would take a second look at what you have. 200 hp stock with an option to have a TRD supercharger that the toyota dealer will install, has a 12month warranty, is 50 state legal, and will bring you into the 14's in the quarter mile with just 4psi of boost. I say what you could potentially have is a sleeper. There is aftermarket support too, just not as much as an integra. But there are plenty of intakes, headers and everything else. JET also will custom program your ECU. Not to mention you would be a little more unique.

It's fun rolling up on other import cars in my friends stock looking solara and then surprizing the heck out of them!
Old 10-13-2005, 10:46 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member
Team N.V.S.

apples to oranges.

honda's will be faster if modded the same. but they're still honduhs.
Old 10-14-2005, 01:12 PM
X
5 Year Member

Originally Posted by akxb
My friend has a 1999 Solara SLE V6 and I will say, yes they are heavy, but there is potential there.

http://www.sportcompactcarweb.com/fe...102scc_solara/

I know you asked about comparing the xA and teg, but I would take a second look at what you have. 200 hp stock with an option to have a TRD supercharger that the toyota dealer will install, has a 12month warranty, is 50 state legal, and will bring you into the 14's in the quarter mile with just 4psi of boost. I say what you could potentially have is a sleeper. There is aftermarket support too, just not as much as an integra. But there are plenty of intakes, headers and everything else. JET also will custom program your ECU. Not to mention you would be a little more unique.

It's fun rolling up on other import cars in my friends stock looking solara and then surprizing the heck out of them!
thanks for the ispiration, but lets be a little more realistic

the kazuma sc for the solara (1mz-fe) is not efficient anything above 15 psi.
there are no engine internals besides pistons and c-rods available
its around $2k for the manual conversion

solara sucks .... unless you drop a 2jz and then go on to win your class in the NDRA and NHRA almost every tournament... Efantis brothers and Ara Arslanian are awesome
i want no limits
Old 10-15-2005, 07:11 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member
Team N.V.S.

those 2jz cars are tube frame. you cannot make a fwd 3.1 solara rwd 2jz unless you spent more than getting the tube frame made. lol.
Old 10-15-2005, 07:49 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

There are already people who make forged internals for the 1nzfe if you which to turbo it. I'd scrap the engine if I were you and do something unique that'll blow away the competition. (Wait till Jan.)

Price wise...no contest. You get a teg for under 4k. Give me 6-8k and I will deliver you a teg with a minimum of 720whp with a fully built lsvtec turbo engine.

But what would you rather see...an xA with ~240whp daily driven or an integra with about 250-280whp.

By the way, an xA with I/H/E and grippy tires will smoke a DA anytime. It'll smoke any single cam, and a lot of NA cars with around 140hp in a heavier shell...ie- eclipses, miatas, fc's, etc if you can shift good.

I was suprised the other night when I detuned my xB, running stock I/H/E and leaving some high comp parts that really don't do much without the standalone tuned...I raped my friends 92 gsr teg with the rare b17 engine (yes b17) and his had I/H/E, cams, safcII, clutch and some other little pieces.

Expect death...Jan 2006
Old 10-15-2005, 11:17 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Team Sushi
SL Member
Team N.V.S.
Scion Evolution

Why should we expect deat Jan 2006?
Old 10-15-2005, 07:51 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Fastest xb in the world...just wait
Old 10-17-2005, 03:28 AM
X
5 Year Member

Originally Posted by hotbox05
those 2jz cars are tube frame. you cannot make a fwd 3.1 solara rwd 2jz unless you spent more than getting the tube frame made. lol.
tube frame = unecessary
lots of custom frame work = necessary

[oh, and its a 3.0 liter]
Old 10-17-2005, 03:31 AM
X
5 Year Member

Originally Posted by siopaojoe
Fastest xb in the world...just wait
oh really now? lets hear about it
Old 10-17-2005, 07:18 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Under 10-11sec 1/4mile xB is the goal
Old 10-17-2005, 02:13 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Ambitious, arn't we. ;)
Old 10-17-2005, 02:55 PM
CXT
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member

Default Re: Xa vs. Integra

Originally Posted by X
i dont need speed, just loudness.
Old 10-18-2005, 01:21 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

doing a GT-S swap?
Old 10-18-2005, 02:00 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Team Sushi
SL Member
Team N.V.S.
Scion Evolution

I don't think a GT-S swap alone would be enough to hit 10-11 seconds. Even with that swap, it'd still take a lot of work.

Quick Reply: Xa vs. Integra