Notices
Scion xA/xB 1st-Gen Drivetrain & Power Engine and transmission discussions...

Xb vs Tc

Search this Thread

Old 04-06-2005, 10:39 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Team Sushi
SL Member
Team N.V.S.
Scion Evolution

oh yeah, power to you. . . I'd race a semi-truck if I had one. . . it's all about having fun, just for kicks, on an open road without intersections (how I do it).
Old 04-06-2005, 10:42 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Team Sushi
SL Member
Team N.V.S.
Scion Evolution

And I wouldn't say the tC would ALWAYS be faster than the tC based on 0-60, but even in the quarter mile, you're talkin a 18+ second car stock, vs 16 second runs. . . I was figuring that this was in the city, and speeds were kept low. . . and there was a chance the tC shut down too, but I'm not knocking the xB or tC, I'm more so curious as to what and why and how. From my understanding, the tC isn't capable of plaid inducing ludicrous speed, but there is a stark difference between their cars and our measly 1.5L hamsters.
Old 04-06-2005, 11:25 PM
5 Year Member

From my understanding, the tC isn't capable of plaid inducing ludicrous speed,

"They've gone plaid!!".....great movie
Old 04-07-2005, 12:46 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Old 04-07-2005, 01:44 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by killerxromances
It only takes you $20 to fill up? With the gas prices here it takes me over $20 if i let it get real low, but i try to fill up once its half way. To save on money and the such..

Cya
actually, if you really wanted to save a tiny but more money you would only fill it up halfway each time the gas light comes on. Gas = weight = less mpg.
Old 04-07-2005, 01:53 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

i think this thread should have never been started, ur gonna get some ppl stirred up. i rip on the xB once in a while, but it's all in good clean fun. I think all scions are a class of their own. I drive a tC and love it, others drive the xB and love it.
Old 04-07-2005, 01:56 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

oh yea MR tc? i would have bought a corolla or a camry or even a celica if i wanted a TC
Old 04-07-2005, 02:21 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by scion_tC
i think this thread should have never been started, ur gonna get some ppl stirred up. i rip on the xB once in a while, but it's all in good clean fun. I think all scions are a class of their own. I drive a tC and love it, others drive the xB and love it.
I don't believe anyone is ripping on the TC or any other scion car yet, and shouldn't. This forum was made specifically for Xb owners that believe their car can't get out of their own way. Proving that yes, the box can be quick even with minor mods under the hood. (once i get the s/c it will be pretty quick. my hopes are by the end of this year)

In return, if anyone gets stirred up over this discussion thats uncalled for. Yes, people take things differently so of course people can get defensive over situations that don't need to be. At any rate, coming in here implying the fact that you rip on the xb doesn't help anything. Everyone knows that when people do that, crap happens. With that said, im sorry you feel the way you do but theres much worse threads on the forum.

And about gas, i would never let the gas light come on before filling up! I just can't do it. When i said save money, i didn't mean long term per se. I meant that very second. lol Oh well, could have been clearer. But thanks anyway! By the way, gas prices here are around $2.35 for 89.

Cya
Old 04-07-2005, 03:06 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Sometimes when I drive the xB I think, "hmm, this feels almost as fast as the tC". Then I notice that I am only a little ahead of the traffic behind me.

Sometimes when I drive the tC I think, "this thing isn't hardly any faster than the xB", and I notice that all the traffic around me is about 10 car lengths behind me.

I think the tC driver was being charitable.

Although in deference to the xB the traction control might help it off the line against a bad driver in a tC. Of course, in your case I had the impression it was off a roll.

Also in deference to the xB, I get about 4 compliments on it for every one I get on the tC.

But for a sporty drive, come on, the tC is the winner.