DYNO VIDS AND PICS CINCY OHIO TURBO TOYOTAS POWERED XA

Search this Thread

Old 02-07-2008, 03:01 AM

Default DYNO VIDS AND PICS CINCY OHIO TURBO TOYOTAS POWERED XA

STRAPPED UP ON DYNO

REAR SHOT ON DYNO

MY LAPTOP USED FOR TUNE

WHAT YOU ALL HAVE BEEN WAITING FOR THE NUMBERS

THE BEST TUNING FACILITY IN CINCINNATI OHIO. MAKE SURE TO CALL CINCY SPEED WAREHOUSE AT 513-821-2221 ALSO CHECK OUT THERE WEBSITE AT www.cincyspeed.com

BEST PULL OF THE NIGHT
http://s257.photobucket.com/albums/h...t=TURBOXA2.flv

ANOTHER PULL REAR SHOT
http://s257.photobucket.com/albums/h...=TURBOXA_1.flv

EVERYTHING WENT WELL DURING TUNE. ONE PROBLEM I AM STILL HAVING IS WHEN I COME TO A STOP THE CAR WANTS TO STALL. ANY SUGGESTIONS ON THAT PROBLEM LET ME KNOW. THE TIMING NEEDS A LITTLE TWEAKING AS A CEL POPPED UP ON THE WAY HOME WHEN I LAYED IN THE PEDAL. RUNS REALLY STRONG BUT I THINK IT NEEDS A LITTLE MORE TWEAKING. ARE STOCK ECUS ARE VERY, VERY TOUCHY. NEXT THING IN MY LIST TO DO IS A CUSTOM 2.5'' EXHAUST DOWNPIPE BACK WITH HIGH FLOW CAT IN BETWEEN O2#1 AND O2#2 AND I THINK IT WILL RUN MUCH BETTER. NOT BAD NUMBERS FOR 7LBS OF BOOST ON STOCK EXHAUST. LET ME KNOW WHAT YOU GUYS THINK AND ALSO ANY SUGGESTIONS TO FIX MY ISSUES.
Old 02-07-2008, 03:14 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Very nice sounds strong!!
Old 02-07-2008, 03:20 AM
SL Member

Awsome bro hope you get that Stalling check out. Love the spooling Kick A$$
Old 02-07-2008, 03:26 AM
SL Member

ALL Day Everyday Boosting Daily Congrats. chris
Old 02-07-2008, 01:07 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member

YOOHOO!!! Good to see you pulled some decent numbers!!! I was worried that the dyno i was on was be optimistic. You did get 149 WHP and 155 Torque which is really nice. The big difference between you and me is my wide open exhaust. Im sure you can pull another 15 WHP from that car and you and me can have some turbo xA fun!!

Your air/fuel curve can use a little more work. Mine is far from perfect because i have that nasty dip, but here is mine:

But tell me how does the car feel?? Isn't the surge of power absolutely incredible?? You live in Ohio and from the looks of it it seems to be cold, so that intercooler of yours must be freezing when your running so you must be getting some nice frozen and charged air into that throttle body. Let put up some videos on the street to see how quick our speedos hit top speed, because your car will stop at about 120MPH. Ive been there TOO many times, it hits that wonderful number way to quickly way to easily. All you need is a flat mile of road and you will see what im talking about.
Old 02-07-2008, 05:12 PM

Having an idle problem when i come to a stop. I don't know what the heck the problem is. When I was riding around untuned for the first two days it didn't have this problem. Now when the car is cold it doesn't want to stall when i stop,but when it is warm rpms will drop and it wants to stall. I will probably adjust the idle screw just a tad to see if it helps. I need to have my tuner ride with me on the street and tune a little bit more as for slow speeds it runs okay, medium throttle sux ***** and full throtlle rocks and my uego bounces from 10.3-11.5 which is nice. Pulls very nice seems the full power is about 4200rpm and thats when it pulls hard. Spools very quick though. Also I think the turbo is hitting my firewall causing vibration from quick low gear starts so Im not sure what to do there. Maybe a dampener? I'm not getting alot of engine movement however just enough for the turbo to hit firewall and it sounds like crap. Seems that both of are cars drop on the a/f curve right about 4200rpms we couldn't tweak it enough or maybe knock sensor. To many variables as you may know. But to answer your question the surge is very nice and will be nicer when i get the low end problems fixed as it doesn't feel as smooth as full throttle. Let me know if you have any suggestions. Oh did you get your block fixed? My mechanic said not to use stock mani bolts because you can't get enough thread in the motor so we used slightly longer ones and they haven't moved a bit. If you are still having oil leaks from the feed into the turbo, use a small break line istead of that little leaky mother fitting that comes with the kit. It will solve all your leaking problems. Anyways, see you later.
Old 02-07-2008, 06:34 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Team ScioNRG

Awesome work man, and the videos are great.

I have a custom Greddy turbo kit coming for my xA and I can't wait to install it.

If you don't mind me asking how much has tuning this turbo kit cost and how much time has it taken to tune it?

I know cost and time varies between dyno shops but I'm just curious at what is entailed.
Old 02-07-2008, 07:02 PM

Tuning wasn't that bad. We spent about 3 hours on dyno. My tuner is a 3rd party guy that comes in basically when Cincyspeed calls him in. It still needs more tweaking as at slow speeds it doesnt make me feel all warm inside the way it runs. Kind of jerky, a/f bounces everywhere. The isntall of the turbo kit is what takes the most time. 30 hours to install completely. Make sure you use tons and i mean tons of teflon tape on the water lines going to the turbo or they will leak I guarantee it. And as for the oil feed fitting on the turbo make sure you tighten it very very hard or it will leak and you will have to pull the turbo out and retighten it. Anyways to answer your ? Dyno was 100.00 an hour and my tuner was 75.00 an hour. 2-3 hours and you should be good if they know what they are doing.
Old 02-07-2008, 07:08 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

nice numbers
Old 02-07-2008, 10:44 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Premium Member

NICE!!!!
Old 02-09-2008, 02:34 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

the stalling problem sounds like tuning... not like you would think, but the car will stall if it is running too rich. that is why it did not stall when it was untuned. like sosa said earlier, get the a/f mix right and you can get more reliable power and a more reliable car.

on a different note, is your car an auto or a stick?
Old 02-09-2008, 04:11 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member

my turbo is hitting the firewall as well. I already purchased the damper and now im going to fix the block. Im also going to have the exhaust and intake manifolds port matched to the head as well as polishing the exhaust side of the block. It should come back a little bit stronger, so i might have to retune. I will let you know how it goes.
Old 02-09-2008, 06:10 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Team ScioNRG

Thanks for the info guys. I know I have quite a bit of work ahead of me but it will be worth it.
Old 02-12-2008, 09:51 AM

Default STALLING FIXED

Just thought you guys should know that I fixed the stalling problem. Problem wasn't because of tuning but because my vented blow off valve. The MAF got smart enough to notice air was missing especially when coming to idle or stop and run super rich because it thought it had more air than it did. All i did was pinch the blow off valve line and it doesn't stall anymore. Either the blow off valve is bad, not tight enough or I am going to have to recirculate after the MAF. I will know by this week trust me, after stalling at every light every since my tune it has litteraly drove me insane. That might be the reason ma A/F is dipping down right about 4200rpms and if you look at sosas dyno his is the very same way but around 4400rpms. Who knows, we will soon find out.
Old 03-19-2008, 05:55 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

i cant believe u didnt know this was due to not recirculating the diverted air... this should be a given with most boosted cars venting to atmosphere. THis aint honda
Old 03-19-2008, 05:57 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

im sorry for being rude but find a way to recirculate your bov back into the the intake pipe on the turbo
Old 03-22-2008, 10:05 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
AlphaSquad
SL Member

i heard that stalling was only on the manuals that arent recirced cuz they can drop revs so much quicker than an auto. but he a manual anyway rite?
Old 03-23-2008, 10:03 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member

I have a manual with the same kit with an HKS SSQV which is atmospheric and ive had ZERO problems.
Old 03-27-2008, 12:25 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I am running the Greddy kit for the xB on my 06 xA and the turbo was hitting the firewall so I have an engine damper now. The damper does the trick but I had to take the tie bar off because the screws weren't long enough to hold onto the damper and tie bar.

I was having issues with the stalling but it was fixed when I tightened the BOV so that it vents at a higher pressure. I am using the Greddy Type RS BOV.

I was wondering though, the Greddy kit didn't come with an intercooler, what intercooler are you guys using (i.e. size and company) because that is the next thing I plan to do. I can't seem to find a way to route the piping either without having to have it go in and out the left side.
Old 03-27-2008, 01:23 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member

Originally Posted by usc_ty
I am running the Greddy kit for the xB on my 06 xA and the turbo was hitting the firewall so I have an engine damper now. The damper does the trick but I had to take the tie bar off because the screws weren't long enough to hold onto the damper and tie bar.

I was having issues with the stalling but it was fixed when I tightened the BOV so that it vents at a higher pressure. I am using the Greddy Type RS BOV.

I was wondering though, the Greddy kit didn't come with an intercooler, what intercooler are you guys using (i.e. size and company) because that is the next thing I plan to do. I can't seem to find a way to route the piping either without having to have it go in and out the left side.
You can use any intercooler you like it all depends on the size. But if im not mistaken greddy sells the intercooler kit for the xb. I would check that first, but if you have a lready and dont like the setup or are just trying something different, then thats a whole different story.

The TT kit uses a PWR Intercooler (18"x10"x3") Vertical flow. Vertical flow isn't very common but gets the job done nicely by greatly reducing the charge pipe length and getting quick boost spools. Not only that its a GT25R, so its ball bearing and it spools MEGA quick. You can try and find a horizontal flow that fits and have the charge pipes custom made. I know a few people on here that have modified Greddy kits that have been upgraded to intercooled.

Quick Reply: DYNO VIDS AND PICS CINCY OHIO TURBO TOYOTAS POWERED XA