Notices

got my baby back

Search this Thread

Old 08-28-2006, 11:17 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by XtotheByo
Why in the world would you add NOS to a car that is only 105 HP to begin with... that's like Super Charging a YUGO - lol
Buy a car with some real HP and then get NOS is my point. I love my XB but not for it's 0-60 appeal...
Im wondering what car you would consider having *****? The XB has a dinky motor but with its lightweight, you can get it moving pretty fast. There is a guy 2 blocks form here that runs dead even with an EVO8 in his XB.

Also, Im working on a Smart car right now. People will ask why the hell are you modifying a car with 55hp. Well, Im aiming for 120whp. That dont sound like much but at 1200lbs, its going to spank a ton of cars.
Old 08-28-2006, 11:23 PM
5 Year Member

Dude, any car has ***** over an XB, let's be honest here... a Corolla will smoke an XB. I own one and I am honest about it.
Old 08-28-2006, 11:27 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Default Blitz supercharger and 50 shot of nitrous soon to be 75 shot

I planned to keep my box stock but as you can see I went a little crazy. If I had a geo metro I would hop up that 1.0 motor 3cl with 12 inch rims. Next a moped with nitrous ha ha.
Old 08-29-2006, 12:03 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by XtotheByo
Dude, any car has ***** over an XB, let's be honest here... a Corolla will smoke an XB. I own one and I am honest about it.
My car makes 149wtg under 3k rpm. That about 10 less than a stock S2000 which needs 5k rpm to see those numbers. The civic has more power but also weighs more. Heck the XB is even a tad lighter than the Fit! I know what you are saying though. The car has good tq/hp for a motor its size but its far from fast. Given the proper mods and $ it can be made respectable. You are right too. A stock Corolla would walk all over a stock XB.
Old 08-29-2006, 02:12 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Default gonna get some zex

Now I want to put nos on my scion x/b
Old 08-29-2006, 12:04 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

My brothers '03 cobra with 500 hp at the wheels has pretty big *****. Will make an xb or just about any other car look stupid. These cars are slow but I admire adding more power to anything so good job!
Old 08-29-2006, 05:14 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by Zombietime
My brothers '03 cobra with 500 hp at the wheels has pretty big *****. Will make an xb or just about any other car look stupid. These cars are slow but I admire adding more power to anything so good job!
STangs are not my thing. IMO, they are overweight and handle worse than any other performance oriented car in its class I have driven. Its got decent power, but because of the weight, it doesnt do much. I would take our M12 here any day. It would take a 500hp cobra, eat it, crap it out, smear it all over the highschool bathroom walls and make the owner lick it up.

lol, jk, 500whp is impressive from that motor. He must have had lots done. The power to weight ratio on the cobras are terrible though. Maybe where you are a 500hp cobra owns but out here it would get gang raped.
Old 08-29-2006, 06:48 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Default feedback

Zombietime

Thanks for the compliment.
Old 08-29-2006, 08:30 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Freddy, when are you getting the car dyno'd?
Old 08-29-2006, 10:46 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by rollhard
STangs are not my thing. IMO, they are overweight and handle worse than any other performance oriented car in its class I have driven. Its got decent power, but because of the weight, it doesnt do much. I would take our M12 here any day. It would take a 500hp cobra, eat it, crap it out, smear it all over the highschool bathroom walls and make the owner lick it up.

lol, jk, 500whp is impressive from that motor. He must have had lots done. The power to weight ratio on the cobras are terrible though. Maybe where you are a 500hp cobra owns but out here it would get gang raped.
Doesn't have lots done. Ported/polished stock SC, new exhaust, pulley and tuning and a few little things. People are getting much more than 500 with aftermarket super chargers. When at speed, weight doens't matter as much. It's no lightweight car and yes there are cars that handle better but it is what it is and i'm not saying it's anything more. Yes there are faster cars out there, there always will be. You just don't see them that much out here on daily drives and for the price it's a lot of fun. Plus, he owns the car, you don't own the M12. Not trying to get off topic here so if anyone wants to name off cars, they own or don't own that are faster than your average cobra, please make a new post. I drive a XB so obviously horsepower is not my main priority in life anymore though I would like the cobra engine swapped in.
Old 08-29-2006, 10:58 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Doesn't have lots done. Ported/polished stock SC, new exhaust, pulley and tuning and a few little things. People are getting much more than 500 with aftermarket super chargers. When at speed, weight doens't matter as much. It's no lightweight car and yes there are cars that handle better but it is what it is and i'm not saying it's anything more. Yes there are faster cars out there, there always will be. You just don't see them that much out here on daily drives and for the price it's a lot of fun. Plus, he owns the car, you don't own the M12. Not trying to get off topic here so if anyone wants to name off cars, they own or don't own that are faster than your average cobra, please make a new post. I drive a XB so obviously horsepower is not my main priority in life anymore though I would like the cobra engine swapped in.
How do you know what I own and dont own? LOl. Wrong buddy. Do some research before loading your gun. I have 4 cars here not belonging to customers that would do some rompin on a 500hp stang. Thats besides the point though. This is not a braggin fest so...Back to topic now.....
Old 08-29-2006, 11:11 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Default dyno time 6 months away

rollhard

Iam waiting for the aem emu plug & play to come out then the shop will install it and dyno tune real time and get some numbers. Right now I had to take out the 2zz injectors and put back the stock ones since it wouldn't run right( to rich) without a stand alone system. Also when I go to drop it off for the aem unit I will have forged pistons and rods put in so I can run the 75 shot of nitrous I allways wanted to run. Right now my nitrous system is installed and ready to go but Iam not going to spray the motor until I get my aem and pistons and rods. First we will make a run with no nitrous then 50 shot and then a 75 shot as long as the guys at the shop agree it's a good idea then again it's my motor. Iam guessing 198 hp and 203 tq with the 75 shot.
Old 08-29-2006, 11:17 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Default Re: dyno time 6 months away

Originally Posted by Freddy
rollhard

Iam waiting for the aem emu plug & play to come out then the shop will install it and dyno tune real time and get some numbers. Right now I had to take out the 2zz injectors and put back the stock ones since it wouldn't run right( to rich) without a stand alone system. Also when I go to drop it off for the aem unit I will have forged pistons and rods put in so I can run the 75 shot of nitrous I allways wanted to run. Right now my nitrous system is installed and ready to go but Iam not going to spray the motor until I get my aem and pistons and rods. First we will make a run with no nitrous then 50 shot and then a 75 shot as long as the guys at the shop agree it's a good idea then again it's my motor. Iam guessing 198 hp and 203 tq with the 75 shot.
What? All that for only 10whp more than a ZPI turbo car? LOL. jk (being sarcastic here). Those are realistic numbers and goals for the work you are putting in. I hope things work out for you. I have contact AEM for a while now and they have no idea when the XB EMS will come out. Im waiting for that also, but in the meantime I have a few things I will try.
Old 08-29-2006, 11:22 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

How do you know what I own and dont own? LOl. Wrong buddy. Do some research before loading your gun. I have 4 cars here not belonging to customers that would do some rompin on a 500hp stang. Thats besides the point though. This is not a braggin fest so...Back to topic now.....
Ok you win you have all the fastest cars in the world. Don't care.
Old 08-29-2006, 11:38 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Sorry if it came out the wrong way man. I dont claim to have the fastest....well, in the next couple of weeks hopefully the most powerful m400 in the world, but yeah.....didnt mean to flame you or anything. I totally agree with you about the XB though. Messing with this thing is just fun for me. Its not to say that its got ***** compared to other cars. I guess we can agree to say that one XB has ***** "for an XB?" hehe. Its all good man.
Old 08-30-2006, 12:14 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Sorry if it came out the wrong way man. I dont claim to have the fastest....well, in the next couple of weeks hopefully the most powerful m400 in the world, but yeah.....didnt mean to flame you or anything. I totally agree with you about the XB though. Messing with this thing is just fun for me. Its not to say that its got ***** compared to other cars. I guess we can agree to say that one XB has ***** "for an XB?" hehe. Its all good man.
Yah sorry too, it's too easy to get caught up in these discussions. XB is a great car, fun to mod, cheap to run. Sorry if I was acting like a jerk.
Old 08-30-2006, 12:40 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Default real numbers?

rollhard

Yeah that zpi turbo x/b made like 184hp and 171 tq but with no engine management and 370 injectors hard to believe that motor would run long enough to do a pull. I had the 2zz injectors I think they are like 330cc and greddy emanage ultimate and It would be way to rich to run right and it ate my cat from being to rich and from trying to get it to start and run right. They must have taken the cat off and got it to run long enuff for a dyno pull that car would not idle around town. Even if those numbers are true I will have 203 tq compared to their 171. 32tq is a lot plus my box will be a daily driver and idle and throw no codes.
Hey weren't you the person that did the 2zz injectors and perrin fuel rail and it won't hardly idle. So zpi makes 184hp and 171tq no emanage and 370 injectors bs right.
Old 08-30-2006, 12:50 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Default Re: real numbers?

rollhard

Yeah that zpi turbo x/b made like 184hp and 171 tq but with no engine management and 370 injectors hard to believe that motor would run long enough to do a pull. I had the 2zz injectors I think they are like 330cc and greddy emanage ultimate and It would be way to rich to run right and it ate my cat from being to rich and from trying to get it to start and run right. They must have taken the cat off and got it to run long enuff for a dyno pull that car would not idle around town. Even if those numbers are true I will have 203 tq compared to their 171. 32tq is a lot plus my box will be a daily driver and idle and throw no codes.
Hey weren't you the person that did the 2zz injectors and perrin fuel rail and it won't hardly idle. So zpi makes 184hp and 171tq no emanage and 370 injectors bs right.
yep, I put the injectors in with no emange tuning and it would stall out from being too rich. I have the AEM UEGO wideband in my car and with 0% correction on the Emanage, my afr at idle was clammed at 10:1 which is the max reading on the UEGO. who knows what it really is at. ..maybe 9? One thing is that they are using the 16g turbo which really hits hard. It will make the power but the lag will cause it to be a slower car when off boost. Its all about usable power. Where some might have 2700rpm of usable power your SC so youll have boost right off the bat. Add NOS to that and you probably have the fastest XB that I know of....That is until i catch up to you.
Old 08-30-2006, 01:07 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Default I will be waiting for you but Iam not there yet

rollhard,

What are you going to add water & meth? I have even more boost now with no lag since I had my blitz s/c pulley pinned now with no clutch pulley no more lag time that baby is spinning all the time. It's great on the highway or street in any gear no more downshifting just mash the gas ha ha.
Old 08-30-2006, 01:26 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Default Re: I will be waiting for you but Iam not there yet

rollhard,

What are you going to add water & meth? I have even more boost now with no lag since I had my blitz s/c pulley pinned now with no clutch pulley no more lag time that baby is spinning all the time. It's great on the highway or street in any gear no more downshifting just mash the gas ha ha.
Yep, I have the Race Precision water/meth kit. Im just waiting for me to get this ECU thing fixed before adding it. My car has tons of tq now but high end power sucks. Im sure your car would run circles around me right now.

Quick Reply: got my baby back