Notices

greddy blower question

Search this Thread

Old 12-05-2006, 03:52 PM
5 Year Member

Default greddy blower question

Has anyone tryed making a differnt pulley for the gredddy blower to make more boost.
I was thinking about making the drive pulley on the altenator larger so it spins the blower at a higher rpm thus making more boost. What is the most boost anyone has run threw this 1.5l blown or turbo and had it stay togother. Has anyone used a boost control on a stock greddy blower to get more boost. any help is appricated.
Old 12-05-2006, 05:48 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I don't think anyone has tried it yet. If you have the facilities to manufacture a larger alternator pulley or smaller blower pulley you could increase boost. Just make sure you know the implications. You need to know how your blower is going to react. (What size pulley will produce how many pounds of boost?) What the additional load may do to the alternator. What the added boost can do to the motor. And that you will have to reprogram your eManage. What, if anything, will you have to upgrade on your fuel system.
Old 12-05-2006, 06:08 PM
5 Year Member

Default BLOWER

ANY WANY TO PUT A BOOST CONTROLLER , AND UP THE BOSST 2 PSI?
Old 12-05-2006, 06:30 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I really don't know if there is a way to control the boost pressure on the Greddy system other than the pulley. You are dumping directly from the blower into the Greddy intake manifold. Someone more knowledgeable with this sort of supercharger application may be better suited to answer that question.
Old 12-06-2006, 01:40 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by RTon20s
I really don't know if there is a way to control the boost pressure on the Greddy system other than the pulley. You are dumping directly from the blower into the Greddy intake manifold. Someone more knowledgeable with this sort of supercharger application may be better suited to answer that question.
Dustin you are correct.. the only way to up the boost on the SCer is to make a smaller pulley.. A Boost controller goes inline on a vaccumm hose, that then goes to the Wastgate for a turbo setup and controls the amout of PSI it see's.
Old 12-06-2006, 03:54 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I think similar set ups can be done on centrifugal superchargers as well. Not on roots type and other rotary and screw type superchargers though.
Old 02-19-2007, 02:46 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
StyleWagons
SL Member

Greddy will not warranty it if you do.

The reason is the clearance's between the rotors are so close that if you hit that Nut with an impact, they'll get out of tollarance. Possibly knock together. Its potentienally bad business....

Just fyi.
Old 03-06-2007, 11:24 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

you can swap the pulley on the blower without much worry. i cant say the same for the blitz, but the greddy sc kit uses an eaton blower, and people do it all the time in the L67 world. i swapped the pulley on the blower in my grand prix, it was a pain in the rear, but it was worth it, and i didnt experience any problems afterwards. boost controllers are for turbo setups, the only way to increase boost on a sc of any type is to make the pulley smaller making the blower spin faster and produce more boost.
Old 03-06-2007, 11:28 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

id like to amend my post, i meant you can swap it out without too much worry from damaging the blower, i wouldnt use an impact gun on it though, when i swapped the pulley on my grand prix i just used a ratchet and a puller to get it off and on. if you increase the boost, you need to take into consideration your engine management, and how much abuse you think the 1NZ can take. thats where your worries lie.