Notices

Manifold feeler

Search this Thread

Old 07-15-2007, 10:22 PM

Default Manifold feeler

We're looking into developing a line of xa/xb turbo manifolds, obviously logs would be there, but how much intrest would there be in a tubular setup. I know the space constraints in the xa make it difficult but its definately something thats doable.

Just mainly wanting to get an idea of how much intrest there would be in tubular turbo manifolds for the xa/xb platforms before we start tearing into our xa. If I need to make some fixtures to build multiple units would be easier with the first one on the bench as opposed to in the car.

Lemme know.
Old 07-17-2007, 05:09 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

ill b interested........
Old 07-18-2007, 01:07 AM

in tubular or log style?
Old 07-18-2007, 04:27 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

i havent seen a tubular one yet i dont think.....but i've seen a log style one from Todd (turbotoyotas) and then there is the Greddy one....not sure what kind that is
Old 07-18-2007, 05:54 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

definitely would be something to buy when i get home, i cant wait until someone produces a tubular turbo manifold for our cars.
Old 07-18-2007, 01:01 PM
5 Year Member

I want one. I assume it will be a T25 flange? Is it going to be even length runners? Are you or have you considered shifting the turbo bolt up location towards passenger side away from the wall? What price range are we talking about? Currently I have all I need to turbo my car except a manifold. So do tell and when is the target date? I have at two friends who would consider it if the price is right.

Old 07-18-2007, 09:58 PM

The xa manifold will be being released first, as it is going to be be a more spacially constrained design, the xb will allow a little more room to work with and therefore a more aggressive manifold, as well as making sure we can fit an adequate downpipe and if necessary, a downtube and external gate for those of you who require/request one.

A little info about me, I have been involved with tubework and general fabrication for aprox 10 years, working on everything from supercharged 1.3L metros to 1000+hp pro mod drag cars. I was fortunate to learn from some old school hot rodders in california in the late 90's when I made the move into automotive from computers. Personally I have spent alot of time with Neons and other chrysler 4cyl's, however I have dabbled in a little of everything as mentioned above. My personal vehicle is a 95 neon all motor sohc which was the first to break 13's ona stock bottom end in all motor form. I have become somewhat of an all motor junkie, but the boost bug still has a firm bite on me. I take great pride in my work, and in the parts i turn out. I do not believe in using lower grade materials or parts to achieve a cheap part, my parts are not the cheapest out there, but i will say you will be hard pressed to find one that makes more power. The lowest end I will go is 304 stainless. Other materials I have been known to use are Titanium, 321 stainless, and I am seriously considering using Inconel for some of the higher stress/heat parts that we will shortly be offering.

Intake side, I tend to use aluminum exclusively, however stainless has made its way there as well, however that is pretty much at the full race point where horsepower numbers are near quad digits and et/s are in the singles.

As things sit right now, t25 is most likely what it will be flanged for, however that is a detail that can be worked out and changed per request on the individual parts.

I would definately shoot for equal length, or unequal length timed with the motor to keep maximum efficiency with the relatively small pulses generated by the 1.5 motor.

Timefriame is probably 60-90 days out for a working on the car prototype, and pricing is to be determined. I will say ballpark, based on manifolds i've done in the past, figure under 700 for uncoated stainless with no wastegate flange. With inconel, coatings or other options(egt/wg flanges etc) price will vary accordingly, BUT i will get solid numbers up just as soon as we get the one for our xa built, on the car and confirm that we have a viable design.

I will not go to mild steel to drop costs as this also lowers part quality and durability, and I am not building parts that need to be replaced every 2 years. The parts i build will outlast the car in most cases. Thanks for your patience, the r&d that is going into these manifolds will be worth the wait.
Old 07-19-2007, 04:05 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by infil
The xa manifold will be being released first, as it is going to be be a more spacially constrained design, the xb will allow a little more room to work with and therefore a more aggressive manifold, as well as making sure we can fit an adequate downpipe and if necessary, a downtube and external gate for those of you who require/request one.

A little info about me, I have been involved with tubework and general fabrication for aprox 10 years, working on everything from supercharged 1.3L metros to 1000+hp pro mod drag cars. I was fortunate to learn from some old school hot rodders in california in the late 90's when I made the move into automotive from computers. Personally I have spent alot of time with Neons and other chrysler 4cyl's, however I have dabbled in a little of everything as mentioned above. My personal vehicle is a 95 neon all motor sohc which was the first to break 13's ona stock bottom end in all motor form. I have become somewhat of an all motor junkie, but the boost bug still has a firm bite on me. I take great pride in my work, and in the parts i turn out. I do not believe in using lower grade materials or parts to achieve a cheap part, my parts are not the cheapest out there, but i will say you will be hard pressed to find one that makes more power. The lowest end I will go is 304 stainless. Other materials I have been known to use are Titanium, 321 stainless, and I am seriously considering using Inconel for some of the higher stress/heat parts that we will shortly be offering.

Intake side, I tend to use aluminum exclusively, however stainless has made its way there as well, however that is pretty much at the full race point where horsepower numbers are near quad digits and et/s are in the singles.

As things sit right now, t25 is most likely what it will be flanged for, however that is a detail that can be worked out and changed per request on the individual parts.

I would definately shoot for equal length, or unequal length timed with the motor to keep maximum efficiency with the relatively small pulses generated by the 1.5 motor.

Timefriame is probably 60-90 days out for a working on the car prototype, and pricing is to be determined. I will say ballpark, based on manifolds i've done in the past, figure under 700 for uncoated stainless with no wastegate flange. With inconel, coatings or other options(egt/wg flanges etc) price will vary accordingly, BUT i will get solid numbers up just as soon as we get the one for our xa built, on the car and confirm that we have a viable design.

I will not go to mild steel to drop costs as this also lowers part quality and durability, and I am not building parts that need to be replaced every 2 years. The parts i build will outlast the car in most cases. Thanks for your patience, the r&d that is going into these manifolds will be worth the wait.

sounds good....can't wait to c how things come out and how the final product will look