Notices

not this summer but next summer.

Search this Thread

Old 05-04-2009, 06:09 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Default not this summer but next summer.

I am currently going through civilian helicopter training and by next summer I will have enough hours to do a high paying job.

25k in one week to fly some hunters to canada and help them out, do recon etc.

I will obviously be saving much of this money but I am stumbled if i should go NA or FI.

Supercharger would be great but i think turbo is the best option in terms of FI.

i have the funds to buy a new block and transmission on a echo that got rear ended while he was in neutral. I like the gearing in the echo better than the XA since you can take advantage of boost for longer periods of time.

My question is if I go FI should I get the 365 kit or the greddy?

I am not supper turbo savvy but i know that the 365 kit is well built and is intended to be better than the Greddy.

How much can the chassis handle? I will change the driveshafts and I heard the echo tranny is good for 250 at the crank MAX.

I am trying to have a good quality project and my cap is 9k at first (170hp or so). I want to run 12psi in the lower end and around 9-10psi in the high end to have better low end and less stress on the turbo at high rpm (hotter exhaust gases, and higher velocity from the exhaust). I will be getting coilovers, sway bars, chassis brace, Stage 4 clutchmasters kit, driveshafts, and pulleys.

Does anyone make custom Carbon driveshafts? What kind of LSD's are available?

And yes, to everyone's astonishment I will be DD'ing this car but I will run 6-7 psi DD to save gas. can you switch map's on the fly for a turbo setup?

Sorry for all the questions, but there are people here that seem to know alot more than I do.

BlownXa, I live near manassas and i go to Manassas regional airport almost everyday. maybe you could show me your setup and show me what your car feels like. Maybe 12psi is more than I really want

in good regards,

Regis
Old 05-05-2009, 02:55 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scion Evolution

as far as the turbo, go with the 365, same kit i will be running, however its made for the xB so im not sure if it will have fire wall clearence and how you would fit the intercooler, im sure you will need to do some FAB work to get it to fit, but its the best kit out there right now.

as for switching back and forth it can be done but it is pricy.

you will need a electronic boost control with two settings on for the high boost settings and one for the lower.

next if you go with the 365 it comes with the FIC so you will need to make two maps just like with the boost control. if you wanted to change on the fly you will need to have a laptop with you with the software added to switch between the two maps.

next if you want to go past 8 psi. I would also go with a water/meth kit that AEM makes to keep things cool. along with a new rail and pump to help with the extra gas you will be pulling in with the HIGH MAP setting

also a oil cooler is a good idea along with a racing radiator.

to your other ?'s

there is a L.S.D. out there but i think its about 1K
as for the drive shafts I think I have only seen a stage 6 for around 1.5K but i cant remember who makes it.
Old 05-05-2009, 06:00 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Thank for the info there. I think i will just get internals and run at 9psi. That should be plenty of power for this little car. i will look into the LSD for sure though. Whats the smallest turbo i could get that runs like 10psi max but I will run it at 9 instead or something like 11psi max..ya'll know?
Old 05-06-2009, 03:29 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scion Evolution

Originally Posted by DeiselFuel2o2
Thank for the info there. I think i will just get internals and run at 9psi. That should be plenty of power for this little car. i will look into the LSD for sure though. Whats the smallest turbo i could get that runs like 10psi max but I will run it at 9 instead or something like 11psi max..ya'll know?
well the one that 365 has is set at 8 so i don't know if its at its max or not, I would talk to Zack, the owner of 365 and find out. you would just want to find one that would bolt right up to his kit, and make sure it has an internal wastgate.
Old 05-06-2009, 05:52 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

thx sounds like a plan. gotta love these forums always a helping hand
Old 05-08-2009, 03:26 PM

Well, as far as axles and diffs go, there are some options, but like JDM Box said they can be kinda pricey...

Driveshafts:
http://www.driveshaftshop.com/pdetail.php?pid=59
These are the only the only set Ive ever seen for us, but they should do the trick since there rated to 600hp!

LSD's:
There are a couple options out there for diffs, with the three brands I know of specifically being TRD, Kaaz, and Cusco. Most of them are 1.5 way, but the Cusco also comes in 1 way too. From what Ive heard from various people using them, any LSD from a corolla will work as well.

Good luck with the project... its nice to see someone from around here doing something exciting.
Old 05-09-2009, 04:26 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Thank for the info. I will prefer 1.5 way even though it might straighten my cornering towards the outside a little I will be able to take the turns a little faster in turn in for max acceleration out.

HAHA 600hp is rediculous btw.

I was looking at Project Panda, and I really like his turbo setup. I was thinking to maybe lower the psi to 6psi daily on stock internals. I need to save more money for housing once I get out of college

his charge pipe is much shorter giving a quickspool advantage for almost on-par supergharger low torque advantages.

The 1.5 lSd will take torque steer to a minimum but will push during accel.