Scionlife.com

Scionlife.com (https://www.scionlife.com/forums/)
-   Scion xA/xB 1st-Gen Forced Induction (https://www.scionlife.com/forums/scion-xa-xb-1st-gen-forced-induction-1644/)
-   -   Pre Turbo Questions (https://www.scionlife.com/forums/scion-xa-xb-1st-gen-forced-induction-1644/pre-turbo-questions-41768/)

latinotke639 12-09-2005 05:48 PM

Pre Turbo Questions

hey guys i would really like some help wit this, i would like to know what i should do to my engine in order to be able to run a turbo at somewhat of a decent psi range. i would like to do some work on the engine first, but i would like to do work that would be turbo oriented. ive already planned on doing the clutch and flywheel, but i dont know what to do with then engine. i just need some help. also ive already planed on changing out the fuel pump for something a little bigger, in the process of finding out what i could put there. but any and all HELP with the engine stuff would be most appreciated, thankx

squirrel 12-09-2005 06:26 PM

minimally, you'll need to a return line, new injectors, higher output fuel pump, oilline in/out, a piggyback for the ECU that will override the OEM settings and not revert back, and if you plan on over 6 psi, rods, pistons and bunch of internal work, just to name a few of the mods.

Simplyscion 12-10-2005 04:35 PM

Originally Posted by squirrel
minimally, you'll need to a return line, new injectors, higher output fuel pump, oilline in/out, a piggyback for the ECU that will override the OEM settings and not revert back, and if you plan on over 6 psi, rods, pistons and bunch of internal work, just to name a few of the mods.

You make it sound sooo scary for all the newbs :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

squirrel 12-10-2005 04:46 PM

Originally Posted by Simplyscion

You make it sound sooo scary for all the newbs :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

There are those of us who want to help, and put out the right info. That way, they don't blow up their motors trying to get the FI to work. Or listening to those who think they know everything about everything, and peeps listen to them, only to spend money on parts they don't need or work. Because some of us have tried and don't won't others to make the same mistakes.

squirrel 12-10-2005 04:47 PM

And Vito had a really nice set-up also!

:bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow:

Simplyscion 12-10-2005 04:55 PM

And Vito had a really nice set-up also!

:bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow:

I never got a chance to do what I really wanted to do with it but I was really happy with the end results...thank you Brad :P :bow: :bow:

lastlookcustoms 12-15-2005 02:46 AM

I agree with Brad on everything he said. Upgrade everything you can and do it right the first time. I basically did everything Brad said and was able to run 10psi without a problem.