Notices

turbo help

Search this Thread

Old 12-08-2008, 06:55 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Default turbo help

yes i want to get my 05 xa a lot faster can somebody tell me how many horses would i get if i put a turbo and what are the best options thanks sugestions plz
Old 12-09-2008, 02:47 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

As they say your wallet is the limit!
150-160whp will be good on the stock engine add some PSI and you can take it to around 200 but be prepared to do some beefing up!
Old 12-10-2008, 12:16 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scion Evolution

i suggest you do some research and make an informed decision.
Old 12-10-2008, 09:25 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member

this isnt something you wanna do off the top of your head. There is alot more to it than just slapping a kit on the car. Its been pretty much an uphill battle to get my car done, but i did it, took me a FULL year, but i did it.

As 365 said, your wallet is the limit. The more money you have the more power your gonna make. Unless you do all the work yourself look to shell out about 4K-5K on everything that is required to force induce your car.

First thing you have to decide is if you want to custom make the kit or buy a pre-built kit. If you want a pre-built kit your looking at 3K, if you custom make it you can probably do it for 2.5K and if you do everything yourself you could do it for 1K (with alot of help and free stuff). There are a lot of decisions you have to make. How much powerdo i want? How far am i willing to go? How much money do i have to start off with? Am i willing to kill some of my daily driving comfort? Do i want to deal with F/I maintenance? Do i have a good mechanic? (if your not doing it yourself). Custom F/I cars have a tendency to break-down (not all of them), so you gotta take that into consideration.

As for parts, there is a long list of things your gonna need to make a custom F/I car correct. If you have no experience with turbo here is a parts list in a nutshell, with their respective price. Remember some of these things aren't necessary but will help you monitor and take care of your car. In this list I didn't include labor or muffler cost, so you can add another 1K to the total. This is my PERSONAL list. I keep this on my computer just to remind myself how completely fuc&ing insane i am.

a. Turbo Toyotas Turbo Kit ($3,300)
b. Greddy Profec Boost Controller ($300)
c. Greddy Turbo Timer ($80)
d. Perrin Fuel Rail ($140)
e. 2ZZ-GE Injectors ($80)
f. Oil Pressure gauge ($330, for all gauges, Autometer)
g. Oil Temperature gauge
h. Water Temperature gauge
i. Pyrometer gauge
j. Boost Gauge
k. Camcon ($300)
l. Innovate LC-1 Wide-band sensor ($200)
m. Greddy E-manage Ultimate ($500)
n. Greddy boost sensor ($80)
o. ThermoTec heat wrap ($50)
Old 12-11-2008, 01:18 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

hey j sosa thanks a lot you have been very helpful to me. let me ask you something what about these turbo kit on ebay that sells for $600?? take a look at it http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/T3-T4...Q5fAccessories let me know what you think thanks for all your help again
Old 12-12-2008, 03:56 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member

NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I don't think i can be anymore clear!!! Don't you dare buy that piece of $hit kit from eBay. I will personally go to your house and hit you over the head with a tack hammer. Those kits are put together by a bunch of losers that think that counterfeit parts work just as good as the real thing and when it comes to turbo kits, you want the real thing. Those kits DO come with everything you need but you will still need someone to bend all the charge pipes for you. The intercooler is crap, the turbo is a wanna-be (FAKE) greddy T3/T4 (which is WWWWAAAAYYYY too big for our engines), the BOV is a HKS SSQV knock-off, the silicone pipes connectors are also CRAP!! I mean i can on and on about how bad these parts are.

Just read the title of the item: T3/T4 START TURBO KIT TERCEL PASEO ECHO SONATA TC XA XB, how can the same kit fit a xA/xB/tC, soata, echo and paseo... IMPOSSIBLE!!!

Once again, im really sorry to say this, but if you wanna go fast save at least 3K, its the only way your gonna do it CORRECTLY. Anything other doubt or ideas you might have run them by scionlife first, before you do anything to your car. There are alot of people here with ALOT of experience in breaking parts, that way you want have to.

PLEASE, and im begging, DONT DO ANYTHING STUPID or RUSHED. As i said before, think about it... Its a big decision, this is your daily driver. Im not trying to talk you our of it because i would NEVER turn anyone down from a project, but i need you to know what your getting yourself into first.

Another thing i didn't mention before, you have to prep your car for all this new found power (i.e. brakes, tires, suspension, engine mounts, clutch, etc...) The reason you have to do all this stuff first is because our engines and chassis aren't designed to withstand all that power and abuse and if you slap on an extra 50WHP your car is gonna go BOOM!!
Old 02-10-2009, 10:06 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by JSosa
The reason you have to do all this stuff first is because our engines and chassis aren't designed to withstand all that power and abuse and if you slap on an extra 50WHP your car is gonna go BOOM!!

I like the part where the eBay kit says "This turbo is capable of 350+ HP."
Old 02-11-2009, 02:36 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scion Evolution

i would go with 365 motorworks Zack has talked about doing a one off for an xa
Old 02-11-2009, 03:26 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by mb2008
The reason you have to do all this stuff first is because our engines and chassis aren't designed to withstand all that power and abuse and if you slap on an extra 50WHP your car is gonna go BOOM!!

Just because the turbo is capable doesn't mean the car is! Also be careful with the knock off turbo brands I have seen pic where the cases split and other bad things sometimes it's better to spend a little more up front then to pay alot more later!
Old 02-11-2009, 05:57 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by 365Motorwerks

Just because the turbo is capable doesn't mean the car is! Also be careful with the knock off turbo brands I have seen pic where the cases split and other bad things sometimes it's better to spend a little more up front then to pay alot more later!
I just thought that was funny. 350HP for only $600, what a deal.
Old 02-11-2009, 07:34 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I just thought that was funny. 350HP for only $600, what a deal.
Remember.... It's easy to go fast....Once!
Old 02-11-2009, 11:08 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
IV ACE

If you want to go fast in a Scion you're going to shell out some serious cash. My opinion is just get a Greddy, or Blitz Supercharger and call it a day. Use the search button and you'll find some good threads on here, about which kits are good and which aren't as good.

BTW...Call me a jerk, _______ whatever. But use the damn search button and learn how to use proper grammar please! HKS, Greddy, Blitz, Power Enterprise etc... all made Turbo/Supercharger kits for a while now and there are people who have posted about those products, please use the search button.