ZPI Turbo'd Manual xB... highway run pg 8

Search this Thread

Old 09-29-2006, 11:40 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Team ScioNRG

Default ZPI Turbo'd Manual xB... highway run pg 8

sorry billy for copying your title, but i am down here in kentucky.. 14 hour drive straight from connecticut to zpi racing in ky.. i am very excited to be working with kenny, sean, and the whole crew down here at zpi.. my car is in their shop as we speak, as they undergo installation of their production kit.. my scion is the last one before they sell their kits, and i am very excited to have the first turbo'd scion xB from zpi racing... i will take a bunch of pix for yall, and i have to thank keisha, kenny, and sean for all their help so far, not only with my car, but being such nice people...

i will keep everyone updated on progress and such... thanks
Old 09-29-2006, 11:47 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Gitter done.... I was watching the shop all day for you to arrive... and then I saw your car up on the lift and new you had arrived.. Dont ask how I watch the shop cause it's magic.. But ZPI will take care of you and are some of the finest people I have ever met. So enjoy your time up there and happy boosting... Kill Sophie Kill... LMAO..
Old 09-30-2006, 12:00 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Team ScioNRG

didnt meet sophie yet but you watch that webcam dontcha... lol im in our hotel right now, just trying to keep up on my college work... but i absolutely cannot wait... i am very scared though, i hope my stock clutch will hold up for the 14 hour drive home...
Old 09-30-2006, 12:09 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Yeah.. I watch it like people do a soap opera...lol.. Be easy on it on the way home and your clutch will hold... that will give the setup some time to brake in.. but definately get the clutch replaced when you get home..
Old 09-30-2006, 03:23 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Team ScioNRG

updates: car will be done tomorrow, just have to install parts of the kit, waiting on the turbo for tomorrow mornin, and then tune it and im on my way..

im riding on the stock clutch so kenny will probally tune the car for a lower boost until i upgrade the clutch.. hopefully i can get a clutch then he will turn boost up.. i have to thank kenny sean and keisha for putting up with me, and i really appreciate what you guys are doing for me
Old 09-30-2006, 03:32 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

haha i see it on camera lol i get done in 13 days! err redone i should say :D
Old 09-30-2006, 11:39 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I saw you taking pictures... lets see umm... come on... Oh and if ZPI has the time to do the clutch... then have them do it while your their... That way you have no worries about the ride home.
Old 10-01-2006, 12:58 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Team ScioNRG

ya i was taking a couple pix... i cant do the clutch, dont have the time i gotta get back to my girl, and school of course but ill be doing it before the 14th and kenny should be retuning it soon after...
Old 10-01-2006, 01:01 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

What PSI are you gonna start with?
Old 10-01-2006, 02:44 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Team ScioNRG

were gunna try to tune it around 6 psi maybe 6.5.... then im getting a clutch and hopefully the 14th we can tune it back up to 7.5 maybe 8 if we are lucky... well see though, the drive home would be scary if we had it juiced, i just dont wanna blow the clutch on the ride home...
Old 10-01-2006, 05:50 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Thats cool.. mine has a 5.8 spring in it right now... and it is awsome to drive... so I cant wait either.. to get a 7.5 spring in and a new tune done.. then this toaster is really gonna fly... ofcourse then there is the engine and tranny rebuild and the sky is the limit.. But I'll save that for another thread.. But make sure you know the ends and outs of the setup.. just incase you ever have an issue..such as a vaccum hose or coupler blow off.. alot easier troubleshooting when you know where everything is.. I know mine like the back of my hand.. Keep us updated.... and picssssssssssss..
Old 10-01-2006, 04:06 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

BAD BILLY!!! you know your not supposed to be spending anymore money!!!! AND WOOOO 11 DAYS!!!!
Old 10-01-2006, 05:08 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Team ScioNRG

Originally Posted by ProshopXB
Thats cool.. mine has a 5.8 spring in it right now... and it is awsome to drive... so I cant wait either.. to get a 7.5 spring in and a new tune done.. then this toaster is really gonna fly... ofcourse then there is the engine and tranny rebuild and the sky is the limit.. But I'll save that for another thread.. But make sure you know the ends and outs of the setup.. just incase you ever have an issue..such as a vaccum hose or coupler blow off.. alot easier troubleshooting when you know where everything is.. I know mine like the back of my hand.. Keep us updated.... and picssssssssssss..
yeah im trying to get to know mine, i want to be at the shop when we tune it so i can see how it is done... but i actually took a load of pix.. but i dont have my usb cable, so when i get home tuesday/wednesday ill post up pix... kenny and sean put on a tial wastegate, that is a nice orange color that matches my car perfect.... i love it, and cant wait for it to be done... zpi is doing a great job, cant wait for the ride home
Old 10-03-2006, 02:56 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

sooo when are the rest going to be shipped to us who want them!!!
Old 10-04-2006, 07:10 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Team ScioNRG

alassss.... pix....

the turbo....

hks ssq bov...

intercooler.... she looks mean, and yes she does bite

and for a video..... this video was taken, the first time we started her up and drove down the street... well a little into tuning... about 4.5 psi and this is how she sounds with the stock clutch...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DwdhsRhEuTM
^ you hear me saying stuff, cuz i was on the phone, and also very excited to see my box running strong after being in the shop for the weekend
Old 10-04-2006, 07:24 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Very nice... Kind of looks familar.. Now get that clutch done and go to town...
Old 10-04-2006, 07:31 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Team ScioNRG

yes, i cant wait for the clutch install... then we will really see how fast this scion is..
Old 10-05-2006, 12:10 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I really hate that turbo placement, along with the intake. Which is why I won't be getting this kit.
Old 10-05-2006, 12:13 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by pandaslayer
I really hate that turbo placement, along with the intake. Which is why I won't be getting this kit.
To each there own... the intake can be extended and the turbo was placed under the car to eleviate heat issues. But you can go with other setups and play with the heat issues and get way less WHP....
Old 10-05-2006, 12:51 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Team ScioNRG

zpi has taken hold of an xB and a tC, researched and created kits that make the most reliable whp of anykit i have ever seen on the market...

as for the xB the only turbo kit that i have seen some close is a greddy with the fmic upgrade, and massive amounts of tuning to the needle... and that was what? 150hp if that?

i love the setup of the zpi turbo, eliminates all heat issues, and runs likea bat outta hell...

Quick Reply: ZPI Turbo'd Manual xB... highway run pg 8