Notices
Scion xA/xB 1st-Gen ICE & Interior In-car entertainment and electronics...

05xB gauge cluster, HVAC cluster, tail running lights, and headlight chime dont work

Search this Thread

Old 02-04-2015, 01:41 PM

Unhappy 05xB gauge cluster, HVAC cluster, tail running lights, and headlight chime dont work

So I installed a new radio head a year or so ago and didn't connect the power antenna, everything else worked. Last week I connected the power antenna and have been troubleshooting ever since.

Immediately after reconnecting it several things stopped working: the headlight warning chime, the speedometer cluster (the clock/clock dimmer and warning lights work fine), the HVAC cluster, and the tail running lights (but they flash with the hazards on).

The only things I connected were the antenna power from the radio to the sub power on line (the little blue one that tells the amp to power the sub, not the big orange one that supplies power from the battery), and the dimmer power/dimmer ground car to radio bundle which caused problems during initial install.

I immediately reset the original configuration and the same stuff didn't work. Next I tried fuses and they're all fine inside the car, I haven't had time to pull the ones next to the battery but I don't think any of them could be the culprit anyway.

Any ideas?
Old 02-05-2015, 10:27 PM

there have been tons of views but no replies. Is there more information I can provide or is everyone just stumped?

I'm going to wind up taking it to the dealer it looks like >.<
Old 02-07-2015, 07:18 PM
gwd
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Are you sure on the fuses? I just went out to figure out why mine was doing the same thing, and the fuse marked "Tail" 10A was blown. Replaced it and the interior lights work.