Scionlife.com

Scionlife.com (https://www.scionlife.com/forums/)
-   Scion xA/xB 1st-Gen ICE & Interior (https://www.scionlife.com/forums/scion-xa-xb-1st-gen-ice-interior-1616/)
-   -   2006 Radio Glitch? (https://www.scionlife.com/forums/scion-xa-xb-1st-gen-ice-interior-1616/2006-radio-glitch-41205/)

mtbe 12-19-2005 01:26 PM

I have the same problem. Only 150 miles on the car and it's happened several times. How annoying is that! Just as soon as a great song comes on.....FLIP!

Will be printing these pages and taking to the dealer....

JOEinSD 12-20-2005 05:36 AM

Originally Posted by Joes06tC
your cars are haunted. the scion factory is built on an old burial ground.. the ghosts love the cars so much they just go along with each one. :nails: :lalala: :P

Okay, I apologize.. It happened to me today. The temp showed 49 degrees. Hope this helps you guys.

Bull 12-20-2005 03:18 PM

Yep, happens occasionally with my 06 xB too. Not something that has become that much of an annoyance though.

tvc15_2000 12-23-2005 05:23 PM

Best way to get the problem noted is to call Scion at
800-707-4502 Make sure they give you a reference number before the call ends.
They will want your VIN # when you call.
They told me they were unaware of it. If enough people call they will become aware of the problem!

TOZTR 12-25-2005 07:18 PM

Mine gets replaced Tuesday. My radio station changes OR the track on the CD changes when I... Turn the radio up (sometimes), hit a bump (sometimes), or turn off the headlights (once). lol. I told them about it at the dealer, they called toyota and they said to swap it out. yay. lol.

xBHAWK 12-27-2005 02:53 AM

...NOT THE XB...it's the HU....

My 2005 stock radio never had the changing stations problem.
I swapped in a 2006 stock head unit and I had it happen.
For no reason, it happened a few times.

As I hit a bump, it happened once.

So, it is not the car, it is the Radio.

I swapped out my chance to bring the radio in for warranty work.

Has anyone had this problem AFTER Scion swapps out your 2006 Radio?

One sure fix would be to swap in a 2005 or 2004 Radio head unit. (Go back in time)

TOZTR 12-27-2005 05:47 AM

We'll find out soon enough when I get mine changed tomorrow...

rjlatc06xA 12-28-2005 03:02 AM

I've not had this problem and I've had my xA going on 3 months.

midgethearsexb 12-28-2005 04:20 AM

Mine was doing it. It only happened about twice. I also had a button that was always sticking, especially in the cold. I took it in for an oil change and told them about the sticking button. They ordered me a new deck and put it in 2 days later. I don't have any problems with it now.

TOZTR 12-28-2005 05:49 AM

haven't had any problems with it for the last, oh, 18 hours. heh. Let's hope it stays that way. If it does... I'll just tell them to order me a new one, but not install it so I can sell it on ebay. haha

Chaos_Being 12-29-2005 03:07 AM

My tC's radio does this too, I first noticed it probably in November, on a cold morning. It only ever does it once, usually within 5 minutes of me driving away from my home in the morning, and only when its cold out as well.

Definitely not an isolated problem, heh.

luckybilly208 12-31-2005 05:16 AM

i have had the same problem with my 06 tc. i had another 06 tc before this and never had this problem. now that i have this one, i have had it happen a few times and not sure why. will check with local dealer here and see what they say as well
Billy

edxa 12-31-2005 05:54 AM

No problems here.

ALL_SHO_NO_GO 12-31-2005 06:27 AM

i have this same problem, but not a lot. it happens about once or twice a week. i didn't think of taking it in to the dealer because i figured they would give me crap for moving my stereo down to the oven area. but if pioneer knows there is something up, then i then i will bring it up on my free oil change.

camo_chick 01-03-2006 12:43 AM

I called Scion a couple of weeks ago to report my radio glitch as a problem. I got a reference number before I ended the call. The lady I talked to said that Scion did in fact know that there was a problem and that they were looking into it. The problem is with the radios, and getting a new one put in wouldn't help because it would be the same problem. The dealer won't be able to do anything until it comes from Scion. The best thing to do is call Scion, get a reference number and report the problem. The lady also said that Scion does check this site out and read about how all of us were having problems. Good luck!

badger2 01-03-2006 01:16 AM

I've seen this too. Normally occurs (very infrequently) in the morning right when I pull out of the lot onto the street. It's probably happened thrice so far.

kentuc 01-03-2006 02:24 AM

Yeah me too! A few times on the 2006. A friend at work does it too every morning on the way to work only.

phillycaster 01-03-2006 02:51 AM

Bought my '06 xB today and twice tonight the radio frequency jumped up .2. I'll be calling Scion and the dealer in the morning.

gjpjr84 01-03-2006 03:48 AM

ya know now that i think more about this.

I have not had my station change on me.

but when listening to my iPod, sometimes the song will end abruptly and go to the next song.

the song that does this is random. but once it has happend i can go back to that song and it will skip at the same place each time I go back.
i wonder if this is sorta the same thing

mtbe 01-03-2006 04:04 PM

Talked to the dealer about this and they have not heard about it. They talked to Toyota Tech and they have not heard about this either.

I will be calling Scion and getting a reference number. They are NOT aware of this issue yet and it will take ALL of us to call in for them to realize the issue.

Some posting here said that Toyota/Scion/Pioneer knows about this issue. With whom are you talking? We need to know.....