Scionlife.com

Scionlife.com (https://www.scionlife.com/forums/)
-   Scion xA/xB 1st-Gen ICE & Interior (https://www.scionlife.com/forums/scion-xa-xb-1st-gen-ice-interior-1616/)
-   -   75rms Too much For stock Speakers??? (https://www.scionlife.com/forums/scion-xa-xb-1st-gen-ice-interior-1616/75rms-too-much-stock-speakers-17981/)

ugly_duck 02-13-2005 05:38 AM

75rms Too much For stock Speakers???

So is 75watts RMS too much? Id hate to blow my speakers.

oneslowxa 02-13-2005 06:13 AM

heres a tip to tune your system... turn the gains on the amp all the way down... turn the radio to the max, or until you hear distortion then back it off slightly. turn your gains up until you hear distortion, then back it down a tiny bit...

this is a general guide i do not take responsibility if you blow up your system...

you can gain more volume by taking out the bass you obviously lose midbass, but you decide on what is more important to you... Some times you might over crank the speakers... if you sense that they smell like they are frying or sound like crap...turn it down... it's that simple...

The stock speakers can take a serious pounding, I used a Rockford T5002 (approx 125x2) on my front stocks for awhile... they haven't blown... but i knew when to back it off...

75 x 2 should be fine if tuned properly...

ugly_duck 02-13-2005 08:10 AM

Im going to try to amp the stock speaker for a bit more volume and maybe mid bass. I will be running on a aftermarket Pioneer HU. If this doesnt fulfill my needs ill swap out the front doors for 6.5 Componets, Infinity maybe.

bengyeow 02-13-2005 09:12 AM

If you have the chance to take a look at the stock speakers, you will know that amp is not the answer, this is because its lousy paper cone with a magnet that you will laugh when u see it.

ChefRaekwon 02-13-2005 01:33 PM

Originally Posted by bengyeow
If you have the chance to take a look at the stock speakers, you will know that amp is not the answer, this is because its lousy paper cone with a magnet that you will laugh when u see it.

The front components are not paper. The rears are but who cares about rears.

chadfo 02-13-2005 01:54 PM

Find a newer CD with music that you like. I say newer because the recording is better na the levels will be higher. Turn the gain on the amp all the way down, then turn the radio volume up to 3/4. Turn the gain up on the amplifier until it starts to distort, then back off slightly. You're done. For most music max volume will be at 3/4 but it leaves you some headroom for older discs that you have to turn up more to get to the level you prefer.

oneslowxa 02-13-2005 02:29 PM

Originally Posted by bengyeow

not everyone needs to have something ultra clear, or super loud... everyone has different tastes, and different limitations... if amping the front speakers is not enough for him now, he already has the amp and wires ran to swap in a decent set of components later when his budget allows...

Btw IMO the stock pioneer speakers actually look pretty hefty, consideering they are stock.

LauderDog 02-13-2005 03:01 PM

-Thread Jack Alert -

Maybe we can move the last post to a better place to debate production quality of current hip hop albums, cuz I think it would be a fun topic to debate (I totally disagree that they are on the "lower end" of recordding quality...) Check out Game's "The Documentary" and see if you think that is produced poorly...

Besides that, amping the stock speakers is a fine idea, for the reasons already mentioned. At least you have the wires run and everything once you fry em.

--Matt

ugly_duck 02-14-2005 02:49 AM

Originally Posted by LauderDog
-Thread Jack Alert -

Maybe we can move the last post to a better place to debate production quality of current hip hop albums, cuz I think it would be a fun topic to debate (I totally disagree that they are on the "lower end" of recordding quality...) Check out Game's "The Documentary" and see if you think that is produced poorly...

Besides that, amping the stock speakers is a fine idea, for the reasons already mentioned. At least you have the wires run and everything once you fry em.

--Matt

I dont think the issue is the production of recent rap/pop music. I believe he is saying the recording techniques and "overall quality" of the recording is sub par to earlier recording.
Sorry to thread jack my own thread.
However i cant speak to this fact about recording qualities. Sorry
I like old stuff

chadfo 02-14-2005 02:56 AM

Ok, maybe newer wasn't the best term to use. Just make sure it is good quality and has a decent output level. Some CDs, like my ZZ Top Greatest Hits, were recorded at a lower level than CDs produced today.

simplespirit 02-14-2005 03:08 AM

The stock speakers in the tC are all rated @ 20W RMS and 50W Max. I would assume the xA and xB should be similar.