Notices
Scion xA/xB 1st-Gen ICE & Interior In-car entertainment and electronics...

75rms Too much For stock Speakers???

Search this Thread

Old 02-13-2005, 05:38 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Club One
SL Member

Default 75rms Too much For stock Speakers???

So is 75watts RMS too much? Id hate to blow my speakers.
Old 02-13-2005, 06:13 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member
Team ScioNRG

heres a tip to tune your system... turn the gains on the amp all the way down... turn the radio to the max, or until you hear distortion then back it off slightly. turn your gains up until you hear distortion, then back it down a tiny bit...

this is a general guide i do not take responsibility if you blow up your system...

you can gain more volume by taking out the bass you obviously lose midbass, but you decide on what is more important to you... Some times you might over crank the speakers... if you sense that they smell like they are frying or sound like crap...turn it down... it's that simple...

The stock speakers can take a serious pounding, I used a Rockford T5002 (approx 125x2) on my front stocks for awhile... they haven't blown... but i knew when to back it off...

75 x 2 should be fine if tuned properly...
Old 02-13-2005, 08:10 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Club One
SL Member

Im going to try to amp the stock speaker for a bit more volume and maybe mid bass. I will be running on a aftermarket Pioneer HU. If this doesnt fulfill my needs ill swap out the front doors for 6.5 Componets, Infinity maybe.
Old 02-13-2005, 09:12 AM
5 Year Member

If you have the chance to take a look at the stock speakers, you will know that amp is not the answer, this is because its lousy paper cone with a magnet that you will laugh when u see it.
Old 02-13-2005, 01:33 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by bengyeow
If you have the chance to take a look at the stock speakers, you will know that amp is not the answer, this is because its lousy paper cone with a magnet that you will laugh when u see it.
The front components are not paper. The rears are but who cares about rears.
Old 02-13-2005, 01:54 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member
Team ScioNRG

Find a newer CD with music that you like. I say newer because the recording is better na the levels will be higher. Turn the gain on the amp all the way down, then turn the radio volume up to 3/4. Turn the gain up on the amplifier until it starts to distort, then back off slightly. You're done. For most music max volume will be at 3/4 but it leaves you some headroom for older discs that you have to turn up more to get to the level you prefer.
Old 02-13-2005, 02:29 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member
Team ScioNRG

Originally Posted by bengyeow
not everyone needs to have something ultra clear, or super loud... everyone has different tastes, and different limitations... if amping the front speakers is not enough for him now, he already has the amp and wires ran to swap in a decent set of components later when his budget allows...

Btw IMO the stock pioneer speakers actually look pretty hefty, consideering they are stock.
Old 02-13-2005, 03:01 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

-Thread Jack Alert -

Maybe we can move the last post to a better place to debate production quality of current hip hop albums, cuz I think it would be a fun topic to debate (I totally disagree that they are on the "lower end" of recordding quality...) Check out Game's "The Documentary" and see if you think that is produced poorly...

Besides that, amping the stock speakers is a fine idea, for the reasons already mentioned. At least you have the wires run and everything once you fry em.

--Matt
Old 02-14-2005, 02:49 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Club One
SL Member

Originally Posted by LauderDog
-Thread Jack Alert -

Maybe we can move the last post to a better place to debate production quality of current hip hop albums, cuz I think it would be a fun topic to debate (I totally disagree that they are on the "lower end" of recordding quality...) Check out Game's "The Documentary" and see if you think that is produced poorly...

Besides that, amping the stock speakers is a fine idea, for the reasons already mentioned. At least you have the wires run and everything once you fry em.

--Matt
I dont think the issue is the production of recent rap/pop music. I believe he is saying the recording techniques and "overall quality" of the recording is sub par to earlier recording.
Sorry to thread jack my own thread.
However i cant speak to this fact about recording qualities. Sorry
I like old stuff
Old 02-14-2005, 02:56 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member
Team ScioNRG

Ok, maybe newer wasn't the best term to use. Just make sure it is good quality and has a decent output level. Some CDs, like my ZZ Top Greatest Hits, were recorded at a lower level than CDs produced today.
Old 02-14-2005, 03:08 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scinergy

The stock speakers in the tC are all rated @ 20W RMS and 50W Max. I would assume the xA and xB should be similar.