Notices
Scion xA/xB 1st-Gen ICE & Interior In-car entertainment and electronics...

Which Armrest?

Search this Thread

Old 06-20-2013, 04:56 PM
5 Year Member

Default Which Armrest?

I've got an 05 XB that I'm getting around to putting center armrest in. I was going to get a Zeta w/storage but when I contacted Zeta I found out they do not manufacture it any more. So I thought I would ask the Scionlife members what the current best armrest for a 1st gen Xb is.
Thanks for your input.
Hartz
Old 08-02-2013, 09:11 AM
5 Year Member

jj products is the best. Looks factory. Much better than the Toyota armrest. More $ though. Exact match fabric. Built like a tank, you could probably sit on it. couple things: 1) don't cut your hands on the edges of the metal seat frame during installation. go slow, be careful. 2) If you install per instructions, it ends up about 2" higher than the door armrest. I much prefer armrests at equal height. To see what I mean, go ahead and attach bracket with top bolt in existing frame hole per instructions. Slip armrest on bracket temporarily. Now, sit in driver's seat and (lightly) rest your right arm on the new armrest, rest your left arm on the door armrest. You'll notice immediately that they're uneven. To make them even height, drill a new top hole 2" below hole where instructions suggest. Then finish per instructions (still have to drill bottom hole). Takes a couple minutes longer to install, but worth it, IMO. No problem using e-brake or fastening seat belt. 3) Also, you want the armrest to be level front to back, in down position. Set your seat back tilt where you like it, drill new top hole as described above, attach bracket with top bolt, then pivot bracket to mark spot to drill bottom hole in frame. My preferred seat-back position is one click back from most vertical (forward). In that position, the bottom hole should be in line on the frame with the top hole., i.e., if the top hole is 1" from edge of frame, bottom hole should be 1" from frame edge. Seat-back more vertical, drill bottom hole SLIGHTLY more forward. Seat-back tilted farther back, bottom hole SLIGHTLY back. Take your time, get it right.
Old 08-02-2013, 01:13 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

the factory ones do suck
Old 08-06-2013, 05:09 PM
Super Moderator
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
SuperMod

I sent an e-mail to Zeta about the armrest's availability and here's what I got back:

ARM-SCION-XAB-BOOM is available. Please place order.

Looks as if Zeta is still an option.
Old 08-16-2013, 11:52 AM
5 Year Member

Default Armrest

Thanks for the replies. I ended up getting the Boomerang armrest which is what Zeta is selling. I had it installed in 15 min. It is functional and serves its purpose. Thanks again for the replies.

Hartz
Old 12-13-2013, 02:11 AM

Just throwing a +1 in for the boomerang. I will say if you are short it may be a little high for you, my wife 5'6" and says its too tall for her. I'm 6' and its perfect.
Old 06-30-2014, 06:53 PM

I've seen a few on eBay, with original OEM part number - I checked with my local dealer in Ottawa (Canada), and it is still an orderable part (PTS32-52050) here $86.50 plus taxes
Old 07-18-2014, 09:08 AM
5 Year Member

Default Zeta coupons

Any discounts for Zeta Products?