Notices
Scion xA/xB 1st-Gen ICE & Interior In-car entertainment and electronics...

Brightness of taillight LED's? (tc)

Search this Thread

Old 05-18-2005, 04:22 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member

Default Brightness of taillight LED's? (tc)

Hi everyone,

I was wondering if anyone could make a guess as to the brightness of the LED's on the third brake light on the tc? I mean the one that's on the hatch of the car. The long one where only the middle lights up...

I've done a mod where I've added LED's to the side of the ceneter 6 LED's but it looks like the LED's I've addd aren't quite bright enough. I believe the LED's added (credit to ScionTim/EvilScionDude and ScionJohn) were normal red LED's putting out about 5000 mcd (mili-candelas).

However, the stock LED's are MUCH brighter. The LED's that are stock are square with a four prong base. At first I thought they were some superbright special LED's but now I'm not usre if TOyota just cranked out the wattage and expect to replace the light after 2 years (Although I know that's not their style).

If anyone would care to make a guess as to the brighness of the LED's in the center 3rd brake light of the tc, or , preferrably, if you know, please post it up....

The tailight is made by Koito. However, since I don't read or speak Japanese, that's kind of a dead end for me. Anyone have any contact info for Koito in the US? Or who at least knows English?
Old 05-19-2005, 03:19 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I have a 10,000mcd bulb and it looks like its right on the money....but the bulb is white...so its not a direct comparo.

Sounds liek your just going to have to mix and match

Good Luck