Notices
Scion xA/xB 1st-Gen ICE & Interior In-car entertainment and electronics...

cold cathode problems

Search this Thread

Old 03-26-2004, 06:22 AM

Originally Posted by showpaojoe
a few questions

bloody, were you from cuz if your in so.cal...we could get together and do a few installs. there are plenty of guys like tryx and beskone who are there to help out an evo guy with your light questions.

when you got the tubes, were they colored like the ones mike got (thicker) or were they thin and clear? if you go to Fry's they have both and i got the clear thin ones. these come with enough wire that you don't need to extend and worry about loss of power.

and are you following the link you gave or why not do the one randy wrote up ways back. the parking lights have to be on all the time but the instructions are very simple and you don't need any extra wires cuzz everything fits.
1) yeah, i'm in san diego to be exact. that would be awesome if we could get together. the April 11th San Diego BBQ would be a great time.
2) my tubes are clear with stripes on them.
3) im thinking of doing it randy's way, it looks much easier, i just haven't had time to go back and do it. i have this sunday and monday off, so i think i'm going to try it again

Old 03-26-2004, 06:27 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Team N.V.S.

i pulled the ground and power for my cathodes off the cigarette lighter.....if i forget to shut them off o-well they go off with the car....best part is the wires are right there next to where i mounted my switch....
Old 03-26-2004, 05:15 PM
Banned
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scinergy
IV ACE

dang bloody, you got the nicer ones. they are the same brightness but the color looks more original. if you don't get it, the bbq sounds just fine and it only takes like 30min, faster if you know what the hell your doing.
Old 03-27-2004, 12:43 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scion Evolution

bloody: ill be at the diego BBQ and im bringing all my lighing tools so i can help you out if you need any. ive been making cars light up for 5 years so im sure i can get your lights working just the way you want.
Old 03-28-2004, 02:43 AM

showpaojoe and trix ... i really appreciate it! any help would be great, thanks again!

Old 03-28-2004, 11:11 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I blew up the converter box on the cold catherder. the first set worked for like 2 min and then I thought i crossed a wire and the power suply fried. so it took those back got a diffrent brand and they never lit. then I took them back and tested the third set in comp usa's parking lot, they never lit an like 3 sec later I heard a lod pop the inverter box had blown in 2 pieces.