Notices
Scion xA/xB 1st-Gen ICE & Interior In-car entertainment and electronics...

Curtains for the box?!

Search this Thread

Old 02-14-2005, 06:04 AM
5 Year Member

Default Curtains for the box?!

Has anyone manufactured any curtians for their box? I thought about this while I was "christianing"(sp?) my box and every time some headlights would shine my lady would get nervous. I think this would also be cool for camping or if someone (me) had to sleep in their box if some unfortunate incidence were to arise (such as in-laws coming to town and ____ing me off). I've been trying to think of some sort of telescoping curtain rod to use that way it could be folded up for easy storage when not needed. If anyone has any thoughts or designs please post.

These are my thoughts so far:
Break it down into a series of 5 or six rods. 1 between each of the ceiling handles on either side of the vehicle. 1 from each front bar to the rear-view mirror. And maybe 1 or 2 to make a loop around the back area from each of the rear handles. The curtains could be made of whatever, the misses wants to sew some custom ones to give our box more of its own personality.

This is on my list of things to do, but I may not get to it any time soon because I want to install an air filter first and then try that home-made arm rest idea that is posted somewhere around here, so if anyone has tried this/ or has time to fiddle with this and can post some pointers that would be cool.
Old 02-14-2005, 06:18 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

A folding cardboard windshield screen and window tint will do wonders.

--although the curtains do exist - they're all over the bB Bible
Old 02-14-2005, 06:25 AM
5 Year Member

Where can I find a copy of this bB Bible? I've read about this in a few other posts, but when I do a search for it only regular bible stuff comes up.
Old 02-14-2005, 06:49 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member
Scion Evolution

This is something I'm working on. Instead of curtain rods, I'm thinking suction cups on windows... The rest is Top Secret...
Old 02-14-2005, 09:59 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member
Team N.V.S.

Get ahold of sean (mybox) he has them I plan on making some for my box soon enough. They truly are BADASS!!
Old 02-14-2005, 01:10 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member

Originally Posted by TheScionicMan
This is something I'm working on. Instead of curtain rods, I'm thinking suction cups on windows... The rest is Top Secret...
will you use flower patterns?
Old 02-14-2005, 01:38 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by eatsomenacho
Where can I find a copy of this bB Bible? I've read about this in a few other posts, but when I do a search for it only regular bible stuff comes up.

here a few copies to show you what they look like
Old 02-14-2005, 01:40 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member
sIcKsCiOnS
Scion Evolution

hmm... i would def be iterested in these
Old 02-14-2005, 11:19 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

There's a few back issues I don't have ... MyBox - I've never asked ya for cheap stuff - lol - you got some of those bB issues (gotta have complete 'collections'....)
Old 07-17-2005, 10:39 PM
5 Year Member

ok ok....i came to this site looking for any possible info about curtains for the box. unfortunately, none of this thread contains any specific data. so are they available and if so, where? thanks in advance for any info.............

mc
Old 07-17-2005, 11:25 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by hotbox05
Get ahold of sean (mybox) he has them I plan on making some for my box soon enough. They truly are BADASS!!
hope you read the thread carefully. he is your JDM hook up. give him a PM
Old 07-17-2005, 11:26 PM
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member

Originally Posted by hotbox05
Old 07-18-2005, 02:06 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

People, here is a link to someone in Singapore who does customised window curtains....

http://web.singnet.com.sg/~laiss/
Old 07-18-2005, 03:36 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member

I had thought of this for a home mod (personally engineered) but I had already covered my panic handles, and so I decided against it. My idea was: One bar down each side, connected to the removed panic handle locations (front and rear), but running the rod past each of the panic handle locations. Amount past would depend on where you want your front/rear rod. One U shaped rod for the front, and one for the rear that slide into place on the side poles. I was thinking of using 1/2" EMT (electrical conduit) would be plenty sturdy, and with some encouragement, (collapse one side of the EMT) could be made to slide into one another, and lock into place with a pin (press to release type with O-ring). Military use this type of pin for their trailer pentle (sp?) hooks safety. Hope this gets your mind working for a solution that would work for you. Good luck. Have fun with your xB, and enjoy the time.
Old 07-18-2005, 05:46 PM
5 Year Member

koalaty2.....i had an idea very similar to yours...i was wondering if someone had manufactured something that wasn't as bulky....i PMed MYBOX but so far no response....thanks for the post

mc
Old 07-18-2005, 06:18 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member

You do need some strength to it. I wouldn't go much smaller than 1/2". But if it was a solid rod, would be stronger. I just thought of another option. Rather than having to mount the curtain rods in the panic handle holes (unless you want it basically permanent) just let the rods rest on the panic handles for a temporary (privacy) issue. Use something to hold it onto the panic handles, like a small bungee cord. This thought makes me want to manufacture one just to see how it would work. Will let you know if I start on it, rather than my next scheduled mod (personally engineered white bra). Or perhaps after that mod, because I want to protect the front paint after reading everyones problems with chips, and I don't have any yet (knock on wood). Have fun. P.S. Hotbox could have gotten tired of the comments that were not that helpful at addressing his question.
Old 07-19-2005, 03:44 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
sIcKsCiOnS
Scion Evolution

For those of you on the West Coast, Super Autobac's will soon be selling these curtains along with some Original Fabulous items. Should be here by late August or early Spetember.
Old 07-19-2005, 03:54 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member
Scion Evolution

Originally Posted by Orataro
For those of you on the West Coast, Super Autobac's will soon be selling these curtains along with some Original Fabulous items. Should be here by late August or early Spetember.
Dam I was just at my dealer getting ready to purchase the Garson set for my box... Ron do you know if they will be bringing in the Garson stuff and tables?
Old 07-19-2005, 04:23 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Damn, good I idea.
I 'christianed'(sp?) my xB 2 weeks ago in a parking garage.
Boy, was I scared when I saw the sercurity cart stop beside my Scion.

Usually I just lift up the 2 front chairs upright and put a jacket or something over them to cover the middle.

Can I get any more obvious?

Price range for these curtains? Pics?
Old 07-19-2005, 05:13 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member
Team N.V.S.

I had a plann to bring them to US but the Cost kills the deal, the kit I have was $350 for all around, they even have motorized which is close to $800, I have had tons of emails regarding these but as soon they hear the price they disappear.

There are total of 6 parts books for bB, 5 of them came out around mid 2001 and the last one which most of us have, came out on Jan 2003 (2nd gen body started). the old ones getting pretty hard to find, Sean JDMP

Quick Reply: Curtains for the box?!