Notices
Scion xA/xB 1st-Gen ICE & Interior In-car entertainment and electronics...

Dome Light, Radio, and keyless entry not working

Search this Thread

Old 09-07-2007, 10:51 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Team ScioNRG

Default Dome Light, Radio, and keyless entry not working

All three of them stopped working after I replaced the bulb in my dome light. I tried the origonal bulb and it didn't work either. Anyone know of a fuse that I might have blown that controls all three? also, the trip computer(s) and clock keep resetting when I turn the car off... I think I might have messed something BIG but I'm praying it's just a fuse, anyone have this happen to them? I'll be able to check my fuses in a bit when I get back to my house, but I wanted to post this up in the hopes this happened to someone else...
thanks all

ps I can still lock and unlock the doors with the key and with the door lock button..
Old 09-08-2007, 01:01 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Team ScioNRG

so the ac2 fuse in the hood was blown, I replaced it with another 15a fuse, and almost everything (keyless, odometer, clock, and dome light) is back to normal...
now to find why the stereo is out still... must be another fuse I can't fnd.
Old 09-08-2007, 04:31 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scion Evolution

The owners manual has two sections for fuse locations--a little confusing--but you should be able to find it.
Old 09-08-2007, 06:53 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Fail, INC
SL Member

dang...a lot of people are blowing fuzes here lately...
Old 09-08-2007, 08:01 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

at least the first part was just a fuse. i thought u might have messed up the whole dome light wiring thing. in case u havent heard its wired pretty weird.
Old 09-10-2007, 02:08 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Team ScioNRG

AS an update:

So I replaced the ACC fuse which didn't look blown, but apprently was. I have my stereo back now, and all is well. So if this happens I guess the Acc 1 and 2 fuses both need to be replaced.
Old 09-10-2007, 12:51 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

I ran into this last night when I shorted out my dome light circuit during a mod. (My wife was ____ed!) The second fuse block is next to the battery and has a fuse marked "dome". This circuit appears to run the dome light, wireless reciever for the door locks/alarm, and the 'memory' for the clock and stereo. Auto Zone has fuses with built in LEDs that light when the fuse is blown... might me useful in the future. Why there are two fuse blocks is beyond me. I spent 15 minutes checking every fuse in the one under the dash with a flashlight before I decided to look under the hood. At least they provide a couple spares!

It's moments like these that I miss my Datsun.
Old 10-04-2007, 02:26 AM
5 Year Member

Have a similar problem -- had to jumpstart it when I came home today, and at first nothing worked except the headlights -- no guages, no dome, radio, odomter, etc, no brakelights, no START!!

Replaced the dome and EFI 15A fuses under the hood and checked everything else --car runs, but still have only headlights - no gauges, no brakelights, no idiot warning lights on startup, just the engine checklight and door ajar and hi beams.

All the fuses looked fine, but plan to replace them all tomorrow, but am afraid it could b a relay somewhere -- anywhay to check these? Fuses under the dash and the hood don't look blown, so I'm puzzled (p####s'd), too.flame:

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

JD :
Old 10-05-2007, 12:02 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

when i had gauge/lighting problems inside it was due to the acc fuse in the car
Old 10-05-2007, 01:26 AM
5 Year Member

Thanks -- that fuse was good.

The one that was REALLY bad, was the 120A Alt fuse (under the red cover on the positive side of the battery). Had to special order from Toyota for about $6. The two 60A's on either side are fine, and all the other cartridge and blade fuses look OK too.

Will take until next week, though for the fuse to come in -- looks like a piece of bent metal, bolted in place. BIG gap, though about 1/16th" plus. No wonder nothing else worked.

It's good that Toyota designed the vehicle so it'll still run, albeit for a short distance since the battery doesn't charge.
Old 03-26-2018, 01:54 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

THANKS for this post, worked for me!

I tried everything and thE 120a fuse brought my car back to life!!
Old 09-06-2022, 12:47 AM

Thumbs up This info was helphul

I changed out the head unit from the basic stock unit to the upgraded Pioneer that could accept an amp and woofer. Turns out, the plug for the clock/emergency markers also fits in the radio plug manifold....bad juju. It killed my keyless entry, radio, clock memory and disabled the rear hatch lock. The legends on the lids are abysmal at best. The advice here was spot on. I definitely wouldn't have suspect the DOME fuse to kill everything. Well, now everything is GTG, appreciate the info and prior troubleshooting you already did.