Notices
Scion xA/xB 1st-Gen ICE & Interior In-car entertainment and electronics...

Fender Bender, Now VSC/TRAC/ABS Lights ON

Search this Thread

Old 07-28-2010, 02:20 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Default Fender Bender, Now VSC/TRAC/ABS Lights ON

Last night I drive up to the fast food drive through and it is taking for ever! So decide to get out of line and take off. Well, BAMM!! I did not see the no-get-out post since it was dark and they were colored black. It did not sound pretty either. The car in the front pulls up and I get out and go to another parking lot and that is when I see the whole bumper just hanging. I manage to get home and this morning I fixed it. There were some broken plastic parts which I used plastic ties to put it back together. I still need to straighten out a metal arm that attached to the fender but will do that over the weekend.

BUT NOW! I have the VSC/TRAC/ABS lights on. I tried unhooking the battery and fuse, but they are still on. The car drives fine, brakes feel fine and no leaks what so ever. But wondering if there is away of turning them off? Or do I need to take it in and see what the dealer finds?
Attached Thumbnails Fender Bender, Now VSC/TRAC/ABS Lights ON-2010-07-28-06.27.54.jpg  
Old 07-28-2010, 02:45 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Check your air bag sensor wires , they could be damaged. Might not set off air bags but if the ECU isn't getting the sigbal could turn on the lights.

Might as well check your wheel speed sensor at the same time.
Old 07-28-2010, 04:42 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by frogbox
Check your air bag sensor wires , they could be damaged. Might not set off air bags but if the ECU isn't getting the sigbal could turn on the lights.

Might as well check your wheel speed sensor at the same time.
Thanks, now I have to figure how to do all of that. I will do some searches, but if anyone else may now? please post a link to help me out.
Old 08-02-2010, 10:20 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Those lights come on for me at random. No change in engine performance either.

Good luck in finding a fix.
Old 08-07-2010, 11:09 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

thats a nice shiner! i did something similar, i except i was pulling out of the garage.....those lights came on and i thought it was related to the airbag soooo all i did was unhooked the the yellow plug under the passenger seat and there's one behind the dash on the passenger side. I turned the ignition to the ACC position and the airbag light came on then i turned the ignition off and plugged everything back in. Then i started the car and all the lights went off and they have stayed off. Not quite sure that will work for you but it did for me.
Old 08-13-2010, 01:31 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by TerrorCrew
thats a nice shiner! i did something similar, i except i was pulling out of the garage.....those lights came on and i thought it was related to the airbag soooo all i did was unhooked the the yellow plug under the passenger seat and there's one behind the dash on the passenger side. I turned the ignition to the ACC position and the airbag light came on then i turned the ignition off and plugged everything back in. Then i started the car and all the lights went off and they have stayed off. Not quite sure that will work for you but it did for me.
Did the ABS, traction, and VSC work again? Because I notice that they are not on when I take off. So I presume if the Trac is not working then all the rest are not.
Old 08-13-2010, 03:03 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

I finally went to the dealer to get the car checked out and get a wheel alignment, because the car began to pull to the right. I figure that I knocked the alignment out of whack only and figure what is causing the lights to come on?

So this is what I get. The speed sensor got damaged. It got pinched and damaged. I figure to get that fixed. So after that diagnosis they take the car for alignment. While I go and debate to get the car fixed because they want to charge $383 bones for sensor and labor, plus alignment at $99. Ouch! I know I can find it cheaper online and save $100 bucks and they will still install it.

While calculating the charges the service guy come in and tells us that the alignment will not work. Even though it is not very obvious just by look at it. Some slight frame damage was down to the car and the reason why it pulls to the right. He said that I should not have any tire where because basically it is aligned, but not the frame. He recommended for an auto collision shop with proper machines to determine extent of damage.

At this time he tells the over the counter service guy to only charge me half of the wheel alignment. So total with hooking it up to the computer and half alignment inspection it came out to be $153. The other nice part is that all is well with the engine.

So now I think I am going to go to a pick-a-part and get a wheel sensor and a auto collision shop. I am adding the photos and specs of the alignment of how it is offset. The photo shows the pinched cable and how far the post went upto with the dealers notes. Next time I will be a little more patient with drive through.
Attached Thumbnails Fender Bender, Now VSC/TRAC/ABS Lights ON-xb-spdsnsr-004.jpg   Fender Bender, Now VSC/TRAC/ABS Lights ON-xb-spdsnsr-003.jpg   Fender Bender, Now VSC/TRAC/ABS Lights ON-xb-spdsnsr.jpg   Fender Bender, Now VSC/TRAC/ABS Lights ON-xb-spdsnsr-007.jpg