Notices
Scion xA/xB 1st-Gen ICE & Interior In-car entertainment and electronics...

Great place to find new headlights

Search this Thread

Old 03-21-2004, 06:58 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member

Default Great place to find new headlights

I found this place on the net. They sell all the superbight bulbs that we all want, and they are super cheap!

http://catalog.com/susq/
Old 03-21-2004, 07:34 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scion Evolution

whats the wattage for scions headlights... h4 9003... what rating? 60/55 or 100/80 or doesn't matter?

they are cheap bulbs :D
Old 03-21-2004, 03:48 PM

nice find tim!! Lots of cool stuff on this site!

Old 03-21-2004, 03:51 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member

Originally Posted by tbblizzard
whats the wattage for scions headlights... h4 9003... what rating? 60/55 or 100/80 or doesn't matter?

they are cheap bulbs :D
Standard bulds for the Scions are 55/80...I think. If your going to upgrade to brighter bulbs go here and buy the wiring horness! It will keep you from damaging the factor wires and switches!

http://www.jegs.com/cgi-bin/ncommerc...10&prmenbr=361
Old 03-21-2004, 08:02 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scion Evolution

oh nice... thanks. :D
Old 03-21-2004, 10:31 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
sIcKsCiOnS

www.supremepowerparts.com

super whites 60/55 for $25 shipped

i love my bulbs
Old 03-21-2004, 11:21 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scion Evolution

what bulbs are very close to white cold cathodes? superwhites? what brand? every brand looks a little different.
Old 03-22-2004, 03:14 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member

Originally Posted by tbblizzard
what bulbs are very close to white cold cathodes? superwhites? what brand? every brand looks a little different.
Ok, here is the run down. Those super bright bulbs are ok, but the Halogen are better! I am currently running the (no longer made) 100/60's. You could go with the 100/55's (part number HL78158. They are very bright! But, I am upgrading to the Xenon 100/80's (part number HL88991S). They will be brighter and a more pure light, but they will also seem a little blue. So, its really up to you. The $24.95 Super Brights are nice, but the true Halogen are better and brighter.

Feel Free to ask any other questions you might have.
Old 03-25-2004, 02:44 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

When I ordered my replacement bulbs the guy said I shouldn't have a problem switching to the superwhite 100/90w bulbs from the stock bulbs. I asked him if it would damage the headlight in any way and he said it shouldn't. He said he's sold the same bulbs to a lot of other scion owners and he hasn't heard of any problems.

Has anyone who has switched to the 100/90's had any issues w/the stock harnesses? I haven't changed out the bulbs yet because the guy who convinced me to go w/the higher wattage bulbs sent the wrong ones to me which makes me really question the guy's credibility. I understand shipping departments can make mistakes and stuff, but when I called to ask him if I was sent the right bulbs, he admitted it was his mistake. In addition to that, instead of paying for the return shipping he wanted me to inconspicuously open the package the replacement bulbs came in, swap them out, seal it back up and write "Refused - Return to Sender" on the box...uhh, can you say MAIL FRAUD??? :?

Anyways, if anyone has had problems lemme know...I don't want to melt my harnesses!
Old 04-09-2004, 12:19 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member

Originally Posted by hTXb
When I ordered my replacement bulbs the guy said I shouldn't have a problem switching to the superwhite 100/90w bulbs from the stock bulbs. I asked him if it would damage the headlight in any way and he said it shouldn't. He said he's sold the same bulbs to a lot of other scion owners and he hasn't heard of any problems.

Has anyone who has switched to the 100/90's had any issues w/the stock harnesses? I haven't changed out the bulbs yet because the guy who convinced me to go w/the higher wattage bulbs sent the wrong ones to me which makes me really question the guy's credibility. I understand shipping departments can make mistakes and stuff, but when I called to ask him if I was sent the right bulbs, he admitted it was his mistake. In addition to that, instead of paying for the return shipping he wanted me to inconspicuously open the package the replacement bulbs came in, swap them out, seal it back up and write "Refused - Return to Sender" on the box...uhh, can you say MAIL FRAUD??? :?

Anyways, if anyone has had problems lemme know...I don't want to melt my harnesses!
Wow, that sucks. Ok, I haven't had any problems with my new BRIGHT bulbs (just ask Styles), but I also have the wiring horness. Now, in my last car I did melt the wiring and that was in an 88 Chevy Full Size Blazer, and thier wiring is much heavier then what is on our little cars.