Notices
Scion xA/xB 1st-Gen ICE & Interior In-car entertainment and electronics...

greddy --intelligent-informeter

Search this Thread

Old 03-10-2006, 12:27 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Default greddy --intelligent-informeter

anyone have ex with this product.instructions are not in english.they say plugs match scions xb? any help.appricated
Old 03-11-2006, 12:06 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Sorry, but heres a stupid question. Did you call Greddy for tech help and to see if they can email you instrucrtions in english. Just an idea....
Old 03-11-2006, 09:18 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

have e mails out now wating for replys thanks btw i use to live in ormond beach
Old 03-12-2006, 12:14 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Oh the dreaded waiting on emails,huh. That stinks man, keep bothering them till they send you what you want. Your missing all the fun here, bike week is in full effect, cant move at all. But good luck to you.
Old 03-12-2006, 01:36 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

thanks i was thier last week to see my dad he is in hospital.in palm coast..i dont miss all the conjestion
Old 04-06-2006, 05:01 AM
5 Year Member

Did you get an email from Greddy because I have the same device but intructions in Japanese, it does say in there that it works with the Toyota bB, so it should work - when I connect it says read error unable to communicate with vehicle.... I select Toyota in the menu but it still doesn't find the xB.
Old 04-06-2006, 10:16 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I Called Them Asked For Tech Support ..Havent Gotten Very Good Results...It Still Sits In A Box On The Counter..Let Me Know If You Get Yours Working....Beginning To Think I Got Ripped Off
Old 04-07-2006, 02:45 PM
5 Year Member

Well I called Greddy also, they have no idea why it isn't working on the xB - it is listded as working on the Toyota bB. I tried everything yesterday to get the thing to work; as I understand it the unit only has one signal wire which is white this connects to the SIL pin on the OBD as this is a K-LINE does the Scion xB require WFSE pin to turn on the ECU (L-LINE) ? wish I new what all the other color wires on the informeter were for then I could install the device straight off the ECU. Any ideas guys?????
Old 04-07-2006, 10:21 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Strictly Scionized
SL Member

Do you have a picture of this? Does it look like the scangauge?http://www.scangauge.com/

This works pretty good justwish it would read fuel and oil presure.

Scott
Old 04-08-2006, 03:26 AM
5 Year Member

Looks much better than the scangauge, nice little color screen with loads of settings, changable face plates comes with loads of them - but looks an't everything because the thing doesn't work, it hooks up but it can't connect to the xB's ecu, so it has no use..... so no I haven't taken any pictures, if it ever works I will be sure to.
Old 04-09-2006, 08:34 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Well I Hooked It Up Again Today Bored..Same Results No Communciation I Am Getting ____ed I will Call next Week And Tell Them It Does Not Work And I Want My Money Back If They Can Not Figure How To Make It Work We Should Stick Together So They Know I Am Not the Only One With This Problem
Old 04-09-2006, 11:20 PM
5 Year Member

Sure thing because the company I purchased it from istoreparts won't refund my money, Greddy have a warrenty lets see if they stand by it. Number to call I'm sure you know alreadyt is CA 92618
Tel: (949) 588-830 the other number on their website is no use they don't provide as much tech support. Still don't understand why this device works for the bB and not our xB, makes no sense they really need to provide a firmware update or something.
Old 04-09-2006, 11:21 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Strictly Scionized
SL Member

I know that on the Scangage you have to plug it in while the motor is running.
I dont know if any of you are trying it that way or not I dont know if this will help but worth a shot.

Good luck,Scott
Old 04-09-2006, 11:43 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

i had mine plugged in then start moter unit fires up but saids wont communicate thanks i will try i think they dont have the plug configured correctly for the xb in the usa
Old 04-10-2006, 02:47 AM
5 Year Member

Yes I heard that some units need the engine to be running BEFORE plugging the unit in, this is for vehicles that require a connection to the L-Line to turn the ECU on so they can communicate with each other - but the newer units only have a connection to the K-Line they use the K-Line to turn on the ECU if the car requires it. But the Greddy unit reads communication error wether the car is running, in start or anything it just can't communicate - I even rewired the Greddy Informeter as I have the wiring manual for the xB, still nothing.
Old 04-10-2006, 09:48 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

so in site of all of this we should get together and let greedy know they sold us a beat proudct and we want our money back...i bought mine from rtunning and they have a no return ploicy on eletrical stuff i feel i got jacked
Old 04-10-2006, 06:21 PM
5 Year Member

Called Greddy, they still have no idea why it doesn't work on the USDM xB, the ECU and vehicle are listed as working..... so when they call me back (hopefully) if they can't resolve it I want my $275 back.
Old 04-11-2006, 12:04 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Called GReedy Today Asked For Tech Support Was Put on hold for Only A HalfOf A hour I Hung Up So I Wrote a E mail To The Co I Bought It From Well 300 Dollars Down The Drain
Old 04-11-2006, 12:41 AM
5 Year Member

I called Greddy back again this evening and spoke to the same guy he assured me that he will be calling Japan this evening to find out the problem, an call me back - soon as I know anything I will post; I also emailed the compnay I purchased from no reply as yet I don't expect to get one ether these companies hardly ever reply for refunds etc.
Old 04-11-2006, 01:06 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

that is the problem they have to call japan..appears no one in the usa has tried this on a xb...if you get results let me know and maybe persons name at GReedy when you talked to them did you let them know thier are other xb owners with same prolbem hope you get results

Quick Reply: greddy --intelligent-informeter