Notices
Scion xA/xB 1st-Gen ICE & Interior In-car entertainment and electronics...

Ground wire kit on ebay

Search this Thread

Old 05-16-2005, 04:26 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Default Ground wire kit on ebay

anyone bought one? results? recommended?
Old 05-16-2005, 12:20 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

its cheaper to make your own using the DIY thread in the tech section
Old 05-16-2005, 02:10 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Default Good Wires Here

www.groundfusion.com

I had him install a set of Orange Wires on me, outstanding quality !!
Old 05-16-2005, 02:20 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

You can do it yourself for just over $20. Not hard at all to install either. Their are walk through steps very well done, that you can do.

the difference?

Ever notice the slight hesitation when you hit the gas? Gone..
Perhaps some static issues touching the doors or background noise on sterio? gone

Seems to idle smoother as well.
Old 05-16-2005, 02:42 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I did mine myself with Rockford Fosgate 4 Gauge and Fosgate
Gold plated copper lugs. Looks nice, and costed me $36 to
make myself

Improvement? Maybe the audio got a hair tighter. Beyond that,
no performance gain that I could percieve.
Old 05-16-2005, 10:13 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member
Team N.V.S.

My ground kit me alot more than 20 but i like the results and I also upgraded the main engine and chassis grounds to 4ga over the stock 8ga ,a and then used the 8ga for the additional grounding
Old 05-16-2005, 10:29 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member
Scion Evolution

Yeah, I bought one and it seems fine. I'll find the link if you want. It was like $10 plus shipping was 17. Still cheaper than dealing with making my own plus I couldn't find that kinda wire anywhere and got tired of looking. I could've bought a roll at WalMart for almost 20 and it would've cost me more to DIY. Hope to install it this week or this weekeend.

Here's the Link:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...974633435&rd=1
Old 05-17-2005, 11:04 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

That one looks a little strange - what's with the big circular piece? On the tutorials and stuff they usually have you running three wires and they're not all from the same place. Where do you attach the big metal piece? Does it sit on something?
Old 05-17-2005, 11:30 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by ScottsdaleTC
Pick up the latest issue of Import Tuner, it has 2 vehicles that are dynode with the OSUNO hyper ground and Hyper voltage systems. Each vehicle is different and in some cases you have to play with the grounding points as it is possible to actually decrease performance.

On a Mazda RX8 it picked up 2.5 wHp and 1.4 ft-lb of torque. The other is a 2002 Honda S2000, .5 whp and .9 ft-lb of torque.

I have the OSUNO hyper ground and waiting for the Hyper voltage to arrive. Engine idle is smoother, spool up is consistent and above the 3K rpm range the engine runs smoother. One thing I did notice is that at higher RPM and easing off the gas the engine braking was pretty strong, as if someone threw an anchor out. Not that way any more, the engine wants to stay in the higher RPM range.

Originally Posted by ScottsdaleTC
Originally Posted by SCI_TC_GUY
I know there are slight number increases to this mod, but I believe most people that do this aren't looking for the power, they're looking for bigger gauge grounding wires for audio equipment, lights, etc.
True, the grounding kit is designed to allow the vehicles electric system to work more efficiently, thus anything that is electrical in the car will benefit from the improved grounding system. Engine performance, idle, spark plugs, throttle response, ECU, sound systems, head lights, etc. If you take all of this into to consideration vs the cost it is a simple and must have mod.
Begin with the end in mind, if the vehicle will go through several performance and/or upgrades that are electrical related and you’re looking to dress up the engine bay will this mod be a waste of money and simply be thrown out as you go, not likely.
Old 05-18-2005, 03:21 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Well my main beef with it is that I think it's kinda ugly. Having wires on top of everything snaking all over the place (Even the red on red above, which is the nicest I've seen) still looks cluttered and like it doesn't belong. If it actually dressed up the engine bay, cost $30, and had minimal performance adds, I think I'd be more into it.
Old 05-18-2005, 07:46 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member
Team N.V.S.

the big metal ring is the common ground center like a collector and then one wire runs from that to teh batter and the other goes to chassis ground.
Old 05-18-2005, 08:51 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

My grounding kit did not come with instructions! Can someone please tell me where the proper grounding points are? I'm itching to get these things on. Thanks
Old 05-18-2005, 09:37 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member
Scion Evolution

Originally Posted by OdBox
My grounding kit did not come with instructions! Can someone please tell me where the proper grounding points are? I'm itching to get these things on. Thanks
Courtesy of Mikochu and the TECH SECTION:

Ground Wire Kit DIY/Install
https://www.scionlife.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=29261
Old 05-18-2005, 10:22 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member

i made my own red 4ga kit following the DIY and it cost me ~$18. it's more fun that way, and besides, i was bored
Old 05-18-2005, 10:43 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member
Team N.V.S.

4 ga eh? that's overkill
Old 05-18-2005, 10:49 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Has anyone removed the stock grounding wires and just replaced them with thicker gauge and better looking wires? I'd be more interested in doing this. I know that most instructions say to leave them - that it will just help, but metal plates and parts seem pretty conductive to me and it doesn't seem like they should need two wires, as long as the one you put in is in good working order. I don't want a cluttered and dirty looking engine compartment. Anyone?
Old 05-18-2005, 11:48 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

If you looked at the grounds on the side engine bay and below the battery tray you will see them. Not recommend that you try and replace them (warranty) as it is not needed. If you do pull them off you will notice that the ring terminals are attached to a painted surface. The only real contact point is the bolt that runs through them. I was already in the bay and took a dremel with a wire wheel and removed the paint so the ring terminals will sit on the steel fenders and battery tray. Remember I was already in the bay working, is this a must mod, did I gain 2 hp, am I going to notice the difference. Probably not from the factory wiring, but as a whole your cars efficiency and mild performance can be obtained.

For those that have grounding systems already, weather purchased or DIY, did you notice any change in your SCION. I think this is what other people who are watching this thread want to know.
Old 05-19-2005, 01:13 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I made one using some 8ga wire from a hardware store by following Miko's instructions. I noticed that my stereo (aftermarket HU, new speakers, amp, etc) was louder at the same volume and also my interior lights (ac, etc) were brighter. Didn't really look for anything else, sound might have been slightly better but I can't say definitively. I think I may redo the kit with better looking wire in the future. It was definitely worth it IMO and also a fun project.
Old 05-19-2005, 03:17 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member
Team N.V.S.

I replaced the stock grounds as well as added 8ga for a grounding kit. upgrading the stock wimpy ( at only 8ga ) up to 4ga is bound to have made a difference.