Notices
Scion xA/xB 1st-Gen ICE & Interior In-car entertainment and electronics...

Help with N1

Search this Thread

Old 07-24-2006, 01:23 AM
5 Year Member

Default Help with N1

I got the AVic n1 installed. The guy at best buy said i have to manually shut off the unit. How do i do that?

thanks,
easton
Old 07-24-2006, 02:40 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Team ScioNRG

that sounds like bull to me, it should shut off with your car. I know a guy with new avicn2 installed and it turns off with his lexus. any radio should turn off with the vehicle, they all come with an accessory that should turn it off. Go to a different dealer and see what they say, try a high end dealer that sells em and get a second opinion.
Old 07-24-2006, 07:00 PM
5 Year Member

I am a supervisor for best buy and that is BS . All aftermarket radios, screens, nav or other all have switched ignition wires so either he has no idea what he is talking about or he messed something up putting it in. On the harness comming off of the back of the radio their should be a red wire that is you switched ign. this should go to a red wire on your wire harness that attaches to your factory plug. If that plug was cut then the wire color should be gray. always test with DMM first.
Old 07-24-2006, 09:11 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

^^
Only reason we used to set up Flip out to be on a manual anything, was if it was in like a Tahoe and we didnt want the screen to hit. A standard Toyota Plug color matched like a small child can do , should work properly.