Notices
Scion xA/xB 1st-Gen ICE & Interior In-car entertainment and electronics...

How about Bluetooth?

Search this Thread

Old 08-16-2005, 04:16 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Default How about Bluetooth?

I thought Scion was trying to sell cars to an enterprising bunch of young adults hot on the technology craze, so why haven't they gotten the message about Bluetooth yet?
Old 08-16-2005, 04:27 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

welll... They got the first step. (Ipod)
Old 08-16-2005, 04:30 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Because it's useless? My mom's Lexus has it and whenever you try to use it with your cellphone, the calls aren't that clear. Second, it is so well integrated that if you were to replace the stock head unit (which many people do) you would probably lose the bluetooth functionality.

I have a bluetooth adapter for my PC, and it's far too slow to use regularly for file transfer. Really the only good thing I've seen about bluetooth is its handfree capability, and even that's so-so.
Old 08-16-2005, 04:51 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member
Team ScioNRG

I have a Motorola Bluetooth Car Kit in the BOX and it works real well with my RAZR.....Yeah it will take some time but you will see more Bluetooth in lots of Electronics!!!
Old 08-16-2005, 10:43 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member
Team ScioNRG

moved...
Old 08-16-2005, 11:34 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

so easily hack3d
Old 08-16-2005, 01:11 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member

Bluetooth Fact:

The name "Bluetooth" is taken from the 10th century Danish King Harald Blatand - or Harold Bluetooth in English. During the formative stage of the Trade Association a code name was needed to name the effort. Over an evening discussing European history and the future of wireless technology several felt it was appropriate to name the technology after King Blatand. He had been instrumental in uniting warring factions in parts of what is now Norway, Sweden and Denmark - just as the technology is designed to allow collaboration between differing industries such as the computing, mobile phone and automotive markets. The code name stuck.

Fun with Toothing:

According to a report on Reuters the first toother was a chap called Jon, who also goes by the exceedingly clever handle "Toothy Toothing". He says that he was flirting with a fellow commuter via Bluetooth for a couple of days on his normal train journey. Eventually, she suggested nipping into the lav for a quickie, and toothing was born.

Oh, the glamour.

Bizarre as this sounds, Jon estimates that there are thousands (yes, thousands) of toothers on trains in the UK. The message boards on his site are certainly busy.

We at Vulture Central were a tad suspicious about this being the latest, greatest way for geeks to meet girls. After all, look at the profile of the classic early adopter and it is far more likely that there will be more boys with toys than girls. (Please note: we said likely, not certain. No letters, thanks.)

A quick scan of the toothing message boards finds more than one posting supporting this theory: "Looking for quick sex in Amsterdam Airport" says one. Another, calling himself "InterSlutty" (most droll) says that the London to Brighton line is best, but adds that he is "Not sure about ___/lesbian toothing, though".

But this isn't just high tech cottaging: girls can play too. Jon says that part of the fun is working out whether you are flrting with a girl or a guy. "Steve", another enthusiast, says he met up with a girl through toothing. He told Reuters the hobby fills him "with a real buzz". Perhaps he has not figured out how to disable the vibrate function on his phone. Fancy getting jiggy with it with anyone on your commute? Perish the thought, but hey, it takes all sorts: Surf your way to Toothy Toothing's guide to Toothing
Old 08-17-2005, 04:26 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

i have a parrot driveblue in my tC. it's ok, it was only $30 on ebay, the speaker on it is so so, but its a hell of alot easier to answer a call while having to shift.

by the way, ever since i upgraded to service pack 2 with winxp, i can't connect to my computer through my phone, i can find the computer, but i can't send it anything. i used to be able to, before service pack 2, i setup the device, paired it, but now bluetooth neighborhood is no longer used, instead there is a bluetooth transfer program. i've tried with 2 different phones, both are unable to connect. wierd thing is that i have no problem sending something from my computer to my phone. for now, i'm just using my other win2000 computer to download pics off my phone.
Old 08-22-2005, 11:35 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member
Team ScioNRG

Remove the bluetooth in the computer and then restart and it will ask to load the drivers do so and it will work just like it did before SP2. Mine starting doing funky things after that update but now my computer find all of my phones and anything else bluetooth that is around!