Notices
Scion xA/xB 1st-Gen ICE & Interior In-car entertainment and electronics...

im flip down monitor in scion xa. how did i do?

Search this Thread

Old 11-09-2006, 02:52 AM
5 Year Member

Default im flip down monitor in scion xa. how did i do?

ok so im a noob to cor mods. i have had alot of spare time and some free money and i found this site and it inspired me to do something with my xa whcih has been stock since i got it in 2004.ok so i was looking on this site a while ago about a good way to mount a flip down monitor and i couldnt find anything. i read around and got brave considering this was my first attempt ever at installing such a toy. i have done stereos and speakers but never monitors. What inspired this was im sure many of you have found out, the stock head unit began eating my cds so it was time for a change. so i decided to get a jvc in dash dvd player. no monitor included. it was fun but then i had the itch to install the monitor. so i went to fry's and got a lil cheap 9 inch diesel audio for 200 bux since i just wanted to install it and see if i liked the concept. i also plan on installing a lcd mirror with rear view camera attachment because even though i can still see the mirror all i see is the back of the monitor. when i remount the monitor . the system cost me no mroe then $500 with misc parts and all. all it took was the head unit, monitor, 6" x 12" piece of sheet metal, and some self tapping 1/4" sheet metal screws. it took about 3 hours to do it all. so if anyone is interested let me know.

i have also added blue cold cathodes in the "microwave" under the dash and seats, in the cupholders, and put a round rocker switch with a blue led where the cig lighter was. i plan on adding red led's to the speaker grills, the backlight of the speedometer and clock, as well as in the air vents so there is the subtle heat of the red lighting to contrast with the coolness of the blue lights.
i also plan on removing the steering wheel and removing the plastic in the schion signals letters and placing a red led so the scion glows red in the steering wheel.... any one else have any ideas? let me know what you think. this is my first time ever doing this in a vehicle and im doing it all on my own no help no profeesionals.