Notices
Scion xA/xB 1st-Gen ICE & Interior In-car entertainment and electronics...

Infinity Basslink

Search this Thread

Old 08-01-2005, 12:59 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Default Infinity Basslink

i'm trying to add some bass and save the little room i have in my xa. anyone hear know whether the infinity basslink is any good? i hear pretty good things about the bass response but i've never heard it myself. also, how on earth could i wire that sucker up? i know it's supposed to be easy to integrate with a factory system but i'm a little iffy. thanks.
Old 08-01-2005, 05:32 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

anyone?
Old 08-01-2005, 07:11 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

I love mine. Small footprint, small power requirements, excellent output for not a lot of money. There are a couple of ways to hook it up to the stock HU, either through an adapter harness which will give you RCA outs, or through speaker-level inputs. The Basslink comes with all of the necessary speaker harness wiring, you only need to supply power and ground leads.

I don't think there's a better option for adding some low end to an OEM system (or even to mine, which has had every component replaced). If you don't want to sacrifice your trunkspace, and you aren't looking to boom up and down the block, it's the right choice for you. Hit up eBay-- you can get one ~$200 shipped.
Old 03-22-2006, 05:03 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scinergy

Are there any tech docs on how to do the speaker harness wiring? I have no idea how to do this, and I don't want to mess up the signal, and the car for that matter.
Old 03-22-2006, 12:28 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I would say the basslink is somwhere between a bass tube and a real sub, i would put it in over a basstube any day. It 's an all in one piece that will fill in some low end your proably missing, but dont expect it to sound like a real sub in a box. I would go to a store that has one hooked up and listen to it before buying thou..
Old 03-22-2006, 10:57 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by Dr_Isotope
I love mine. Small footprint, small power requirements, excellent output for not a lot of money. There are a couple of ways to hook it up to the stock HU, either through an adapter harness which will give you RCA outs, or through speaker-level inputs. The Basslink comes with all of the necessary speaker harness wiring, you only need to supply power and ground leads.

I don't think there's a better option for adding some low end to an OEM system (or even to mine, which has had every component replaced). If you don't want to sacrifice your trunkspace, and you aren't looking to boom up and down the block, it's the right choice for you. Hit up eBay-- you can get one ~$200 shipped.
Where did you mount yours? I assume it fits under one of the front seats...
Does the bass sound tight and have a punch, or is it more boomy? I prefer the tight bass and less boom as I can't stand for the bass to rattle the car. A lot of people knock tubes, but I really like how that the bass from a tube sounds good in the car, but cannot be heard from outside the car.
Old 03-23-2006, 12:45 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Team ScioNRG

It is not made to go fit or go under your front seat. It has a upright stand with legs. It has 2 speakers, 1 on each side: 1 is a reg. subwoofer + the other is a radiator sub same size, which does'nt a require per much power for that speaker. Best to set it up in the rear hatch. As far as sound, it is not a tight bass, as it is not a enclosed system, which suppress the bass air. It does rate better than a Bazooka for sound + money. There are 3 models. The 2003- 2004 models are 200 watts + the speakers are round + came in 2 colors : black plastic cabinet + limited edition in a somewhat clear translucent box. It can be bought at $200+. The 2005 box has 250 watts, more money not sure of the price and has square speakers + available in a black cabinet..
But think about it, you may want to upgrade later, you could possibly buy a 1000 amp for $130 + $160 a speaker box with 10"speaker W/enclosed box for a tight bass. Continue your research or you it will waste $$
PS I did upgrade + gave my box to my wife for her 2005 xA
Good Luck!
Old 03-23-2006, 03:16 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

Originally Posted by Drelkor
Where did you mount yours? I assume it fits under one of the front seats...
Does the bass sound tight and have a punch, or is it more boomy? I prefer the tight bass and less boom as I can't stand for the bass to rattle the car. A lot of people knock tubes, but I really like how that the bass from a tube sounds good in the car, but cannot be heard from outside the car.
Everybody that says "you'll only get tight bass with a box and an amp, blah blah"... whatever. The Basslink does a great job for what it is: self-contained, tiny amperage requirements (only draws around 6 amps), easy to set up, impossible to blow out (the woofer is servo controlled and will not over-excursion, no matter how hard you drive it), and of course: the tiny footprint...

I have to put crazy things in the car, like baby strollers and groceries. At this time, there really is no other option for me-- so it's a good thing the Basslink works so well.