Notices
Scion xA/xB 1st-Gen ICE & Interior In-car entertainment and electronics...

ipod question

Search this Thread

Old 11-17-2005, 06:48 AM
5 Year Member

Default ipod question

Hi I just bought a 06 XB. The salesman told me that I can just plug an ipod into the aux port in the center console. Does this work with no other additional equipment? I checked some other posts but didn't really find what I was looking for.

Thanks, jkgts1
Old 11-17-2005, 06:53 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Default Re: ipod question

Originally Posted by jkgts1
Hi I just bought a 06 XB. The salesman told me that I can just plug an ipod into the aux port in the center console. Does this work with no other additional equipment? I checked some other posts but didn't really find what I was looking for.

Thanks, jkgts1
It depends on what you mean by "work." Yes, you can play your ipod using a mini-jack to mini-jack cord, but you will have to control it using your ipod. You will not be able to control your iPod through your car stereo.. I have the iPod interface... and I think I'd prefer to control the iPod on the iPod itself... unless I'm missing something, the iPod control on the stereo is lame.
Old 11-17-2005, 06:55 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

You need to upgrade the stock stereo to plug a I-Pod into your console. If you go to www.scion.com and build your car is will tell you everything, I think its 260 for the upgrade.

Unless you did the upgrade. lol

There is one other way and that's to get a 1/8th" to 1/8th" Stereo plug and hook that into your ipod and the little green hole, in the console. but you will not get the few other cool things that come with the upgrade.
Old 11-18-2005, 01:34 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

I installed the Wire-Tunes adapter in my 06 xb and it works fine. It sucks that it doesn't have text display on the hu, but you get great sound quality and can control the ipod thru the stock hu. Also, when you plug the ipod in, you won't see the song titles on your ipod display either, it gets replaced by Axxess logo.
Old 11-18-2005, 01:43 AM
Max
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member

Default Re: ipod question

Originally Posted by jkgts1

Thanks, jkgts1
I don't think anyone answered your specific question. The answer is yes. Any stereo that has a 1/8" stereo plug will be able to put some music through your stereo.
Old 11-28-2005, 11:50 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member

I have checked out some posts on here can anyone tell me if they have had luck with the stock pioneer 6disc HU their ipod working? I would greatly appreciate it.