Notices
Scion xA/xB 1st-Gen ICE & Interior In-car entertainment and electronics...

KENWOOD MUSIC KEG !!!! NEED INPUT

Search this Thread

Old 02-20-2005, 04:35 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Team ScioNRG

Default KENWOOD MUSIC KEG !!!! NEED INPUT

Hey guys just wondering if anyone had,, or had experiance with the kenwood music keg...im looking to buy it, to add to my DDX7015 DVD playeer....Just some Input would be good , Pros/cons....also what the difference between the two versions
thanks
mark
Old 02-20-2005, 06:48 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

You can get an adapter that will let you run any mp3 player into your hu. Just plug it into the input for a disk changer. If that is already being used you can get an adapter that lets you plug multiple inputs for like $80. What's cool about the keg is that it can be controlled though the hu, but I like being able to have one mp3 player that can go everywhere. I run an iriver mp3 with my Kenwood 797. Works well. If you are set on getting the keg, I've heard good things about it, but have no experience myself.
Old 02-20-2005, 08:47 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member
Team ScioNRG

once you go music keg, you will never ever want a cd changer again...
if you place your songs on folders of 20- 30 load time is almost instantaneous, except initial load, which can take about 30 seconds max...

there isn't much of a difference between the excelon and reg version except the excelon one has a 20 gig cartridge and can tell you the name of the track verbally... the non excelon one does look cooler in my opinion...

you can also buy carts that hold over 200 gigs now...

I would reccomend a semi powerful cpu if you are going to load it with tons of music...
and load the cart in steps, maybe 80 - 100 songs at a time max...
Old 03-02-2005, 07:22 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member
Scion Evolution

lol.. i got one of the last 10gig excelon kegs..b4 they started doin the 20gigs as their base model... love it... tho i just filled up my keg last night(few thousand songs on it.not the 5k they say it can hold but i tend to rip at like 320kbs sample rate)... so i need a bigger cartridge now.. dang it.. but its cool...works great and like the other guy sed...cd changers are a thing of the past....

tho i also need the newer docking station too.. mine is only a usb 1.0 not 2.0.. so if i got a newer one the saving to cartridge should be faster...took about 4-5min for it to update and save new songs to it.. but then again that wasnt starting from a completly empty cartridge

also heard rumors in another post that kenwood looking into using the keg to be able to change wallpapers/screensavers on their DDX7015 unit... .. will see..