Notices
Scion xA/xB 1st-Gen ICE & Interior In-car entertainment and electronics...

Look for interest in 7" LCD Monitors integrated in the

Search this Thread

Old 09-08-2003, 12:28 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by mattjk
Originally Posted by DoNuT
How much more does it cost for the DVD deck to be installed by you?
$55, which includes the toyota wiring harness.

Matt
Is that $55 more for labor, or labor AND the cost of the deck?

Cause if it's the deck too, that's one hell of a deal!
Haha, no... $55 is labor and wiring harness. You can get the Pioneer DVH P5000MP
from ebay for $379. I cannot supply the decks, sorry.

Matt
Pretty steep for a deck... eh. So with that extra $55 youd just make it so I could buy my own and plug it right in without having to mess with the dash? Like the wiring would be set in the storage area already?

Also, is the wiring harness universal or do only certain brands work with it?
Old 09-08-2003, 12:41 AM
5 Year Member

How much more does it cost for the DVD deck to be installed by you?
$55, which includes the toyota wiring harness.

Matt
Is that $55 more for labor, or labor AND the cost of the deck?

Cause if it's the deck too, that's one hell of a deal!
Haha, no... $55 is labor and wiring harness. You can get the Pioneer DVH P5000MP
from ebay for $379. I cannot supply the decks, sorry.

Matt
Pretty steep for a deck... eh. So with that extra $55 youd just make it so I could buy my own and plug it right in without having to mess with the dash? Like the wiring would be set in the storage area already?

Also, is the wiring harness universal or do only certain brands work with it?
$379 is very cheap for a full featured DVD receiver. The harness plugs into toyota cars only, the other end of it is universal.

Matt
Old 09-08-2003, 12:44 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Whoops, was thinkin of CD decks for a minute there lol.

I just had a thought for using my PS2 instead of a DVD deck, that way I can play games too =P. Not sure where I would mount it though... perhaps the glove compartment?
Old 09-08-2003, 02:24 AM
5 Year Member

I just had a thought for using my PS2 instead of a DVD deck, that way I can play games too =P. Not sure where I would mount it though... perhaps the glove compartment?
Dunno if it will fit, but you'll still need some kind of radio with an AUX input for the PS2 audio.

Matt
Old 09-08-2003, 02:32 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Dunno if it will fit, but you'll still need some kind of radio with an AUX input for the PS2 audio.

Matt
Hrm... Guess your setup seems to be the best then, seeing as in how PS2's aren't made to go in bumpy car rides, but the DVD decks are...

If insurance for my xA is cheap enough, I might get a setup from you pretty soon, if not, will most likely get one around xmas time instead.
Old 09-08-2003, 02:39 AM
5 Year Member

Cool! let me know :)

Matt
Hrm... Guess your setup seems to be the best then, seeing as in how PS2's aren't made to go in bumpy car rides, but the DVD decks are...

If insurance for my xA is cheap enough, I might get a setup from you pretty soon, if not, will most likely get one around xmas time instead.
Old 11-26-2003, 12:02 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

hey! that's my blue CAMP LCD setup!!

teh mattJK does mostest awesomest work!
Old 01-06-2004, 08:18 PM
5 Year Member

Bump!

If anyone is interested in the screens, I am doing them for $300, this month only.

Matt

Old 01-06-2004, 09:42 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

At the risk of having you repeat all you have said. For $300, (which is a screaming deal, I know see my sig) what exactly do we need to give you and how long will it take?

Also is it possible for you to make a monitor that fits above the glove box area and integrates in similar to the one shown? I dont know If I want to loose my factory radio position, but would like a monitor in that passenger area. Thin you could do that?
Old 01-06-2004, 09:50 PM
5 Year Member

Originally Posted by Itsdchz
At the risk of having you repeat all you have said. For $300, (which is a screaming deal, I know see my sig) what exactly do we need to give you and how long will it take?

Also is it possible for you to make a monitor that fits above the glove box area and integrates in similar to the one shown? I dont know If I want to loose my factory radio position, but would like a monitor in that passenger area. Thin you could do that?
Hi,

No problem.

Basically just remove the bezel and ship it to me, with payment. Turn around time is usually around 6-9 work days, and I ship back UPS ground for free, or next day air for an additional $15.

I don't have anything in the works for a different location, sorry.

I think this setup is as perfect as it gets... I love the radio in that small compartment underneath. When it's closed up, it looks like you have no radio at at.

Matt
Old 01-06-2004, 10:25 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
sIcKsCiOnS
DelMarVa
Scion Evolution
Scion Tuners

Is that a touchscreen?

Doc
Old 01-06-2004, 10:34 PM
5 Year Member

Originally Posted by Docsnuff
Is that a touchscreen?

Doc
Nope, it is a standard composite screen.
Old 02-03-2004, 05:26 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

*bump*

is he still doing this??? it looks really killer
Old 02-03-2004, 06:10 AM
5 Year Member

Yup, I'm still making these :)
Old 02-03-2004, 06:18 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

i want one of these bad but i dont really want a screen in my car dont feel like getting jacked again is there any way you can make a cover for the screen like when your at the mall so it looks like a stock radio or something that would be a good idea
Old 02-03-2004, 07:17 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Looks good I just may have to get that done when mines comes in. I was going with the Pioneer flip out but this is a whole lot cheaper and does look good. Well hope I can get a hold of you then. I will take this time to think about it. :D
Old 02-03-2004, 09:20 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

do you got ne navigation lcds with dvd?or some lcd blue tooth ready?i got a pda that i use as my gps it uses a blue-tooth gps, but a bigger screen would be nice. ne alternatives would be nice.
Old 02-04-2004, 05:47 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Only for this month huh? I must have missed that one. You dont want to do it next month as well for a 1.0 owners who dont have the car yet. It looks like a nice set up and for the price I would do it. I just gotta wait for the car to come in
Old 02-04-2004, 05:58 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scion Evolution

Originally Posted by Exclusive
Only for this month huh? I must have missed that one. You dont want to do it next month as well for a 1.0 owners who dont have the car yet. It looks like a nice set up and for the price I would do it. I just gotta wait for the car to come in :lol:
By the "Only for this month" part--I'm pretty sure he meant the $300 part only for Jan--afterwards it would be back to regular pricing.
Old 02-04-2004, 09:01 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scion Evolution

Originally Posted by HotBox
i want one of these bad but i dont really want a screen in my car dont feel like getting jacked again is there any way you can make a cover for the screen like when your at the mall so it looks like a stock radio or something that would be a good idea
you can do what i did... i have matt's screen instlled in my xB and what i did was took the face plate off of the stock head unit, so when i go to the ghetto, i just throw it up there and it looks like a stock radio. unless you have some really desperate person that wants your stock head unit really bad and breaks in to steal that. Its pretty easy to get the stock face plate off, its just a few clips, then you will want to smooth out the corners so it sits in there real nice. but thats only if you dont plan on doing anything with the stock unit...it will still work, if you end up needing to sell it, just clip it back on

Quick Reply: Look for interest in 7" LCD Monitors integrated in the