Notices
Scion xA/xB 1st-Gen ICE & Interior In-car entertainment and electronics...

My IPod Solution......

Search this Thread

Old 12-30-2005, 01:30 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Default My IPod Solution......

Alright this isnt another questions about Ipods so go ahead and set down those flamethrowers . Well i was tired of carrying CD's round so tried for a while to use mp3 cds, didnt work 1. I have too much music 2. CDs get damaged read: friends tleaving them on floor,trunk,stepping on... just wasnt working so i decided to purchase a second Ipod (have a mini) one to store music for car and stuff. After much searching I have decided the way it is all gonn get hooked up.

First I bought the Usa spec to run the ipod to head unit
http://www.crutchfield.com/S-A6hAnFJ...450&I=581DFTOY

Then I bought this nyko part because I heard and have experienced from othe cables that the y adaptor method diminshes sound quality and volume
http://www.circuitcity.com/ccd/produ...cfkmdffhdfkl.0

Iam pl,anning on getting a wireless remote so that I can cantrol from steering wheel but I bought an Ipod video and so far the only remotes u can buy run thru the dock which Iam using. I will be installing this weekend I will post pics....
Old 12-31-2005, 12:42 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Good call on the cable!

The output from the dock connector is a true "line out" signal. The headphone output is amplified and theoretically not as clean. I made that connector when the 3Gs first came out. Keep in mind the thinness of the iPod cable and that the blk/-12v, sil/+12v wires still have the insulation on them! Those are not the smallest wires. The braided ones contain the really little wires, blu+red inside are for the line out L/R! Some of the smallest f'n wires I have ever soldered!

I have a 3G/20gb pod that lives in the box. Works great with the '06 Pioneer HU.

Enjoy the sound!
Old 12-31-2005, 12:58 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Thanks for the idea! I need to do this with my tC. And since my gf bought me Sirius Satellite radio for X-mas, the dual aux interface will work great!