Notices
Scion xA/xB 1st-Gen ICE & Interior In-car entertainment and electronics...

NEED HELP WITH HEAD LIGHTS (HALO "EYE" HEADLIGHTS)

Search this Thread

Old 10-28-2005, 01:29 AM
5 Year Member

Default NEED HELP WITH HEAD LIGHTS (HALO "EYE" HEADLIGHTS)

ok i bought some halo lights blk ones..... ok on the back of the lights there is a red and black wire???? were do they go or i should say were do they connect to???? and there is a 3 plug connect.... does that plug into the factor 3 plug thing???? plz help thank you.......
Old 10-28-2005, 03:30 AM
Max
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member

Moved to Electrical.
Old 10-28-2005, 05:22 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scinergy

ok, the red an black wires are the positive & ground for the LEDs. The three-prong plug should match right up to your stock wiring harness.

to connect the LEDs, I used a T-tap (google it), and tapped into the wires running to the parking lights. There are three wires going to the parking lights, one green for running, one green for signal, and a black to ground. Although it really doesn't matter which wire from the healight assembly you use for positive, might just be easiest and cleanest to use the red for juice and the black to ground. So, tap into the black to the parking lights, and connect the black wire from the assembly. Next, you'll need to figure out which green wire carries juice to the parking lights - if i remember correctly, the dirver's side was a cinch - solid green. My other green wire had a silver dash running along it, and I assumed correctly that it was for the signals. the passenger side was a little different, I believe there was a green with a solid red stripe that carried steady juice.

the hardest part has got to be pulling the bumper down to access the fourth bolt on the headlight assemblies. there's a tech article on that in here, but it's basically 10 bolts.
Old 10-28-2005, 05:36 AM
5 Year Member

were can i get a T-tap??? and what does it look like