Notices
Scion xA/xB 1st-Gen ICE & Interior In-car entertainment and electronics...

New Speedware Motorsports Harness Bar Scion Xb 04-07 (new pic from urban racer)

Search this Thread

Old 03-26-2010, 03:49 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Premium Member

Default New Speedware Motorsports Harness Bar Scion Xb 04-07 (new pic from urban racer)

Name:  0081.jpg
Views: 1019
Size:  97.0 KB

Just installed my harness bar and sparco 4 point harness. Speedware Motorsports helped fabricate the harness bar and paint it satin black color. If anybody else is interested. PM me and I can get you the info.

Last edited by Ghost05; 08-05-2010 at 04:54 PM.
Old 03-26-2010, 05:31 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Premium Member

Just finished talking with the shop. And they will fabricate the harness bars $379. Honestly I think thats a good price considering all your options. Which there isnt alot of options. Checkout there website http://www.speedwaremotorsports.com

I have visited there shop. They do great quality work.
Old 03-26-2010, 05:34 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

It seems a little overkill for an xB, but looks legit. I think the passenger seat sticks out like a sore thumb.
Old 03-26-2010, 05:35 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

how comfortable is the drivers seat now? looks a lot less cushy...
Old 03-26-2010, 05:50 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Premium Member

Lol. Yeah I didnt have the money to put in the passenger seat yet. So im stuck with one seat for now. But i love it. The Sparco Speed 2 seat is actually very comfortable for me. (and my body type). Speedware Motosports is one of the few official suppliers of Recaro and Sparco seats in the Northwest. They Literally have a room where you can sit in every seat and try them out. Speed 2 seat works for me. I drive agressive so it keeps me in my seat.

The plan for the car is to make it a daily driver/sleeper/ with alot power under the hood. Granted you cant get tons of HP from an XB but the car will have alot more zip to it. So the plan is to eventually strip out all the interior and back seats. And just have the 2 racing seats in the front. And get rid of all the weight that hinders the cars acceleration. You would be suprised how much useless weight you can get rid of.

Last edited by Ghost05; 03-26-2010 at 06:05 AM.
Old 03-26-2010, 06:32 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I have to brace my leg and grab the door handle to keep from sliding out of my seat. I can't decide if I want to give up my comfort and seat reclining for a bucket seat yet.
Old 03-26-2010, 06:48 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Premium Member

Lol I know what you mean. My gf has to do the same thing in the passeneger seat. But its all up to you. I honestly dont miss reclining that much. Because the seat is very comfortable for me. Its a serious judgment call, once you commit you cant go back, if you do. You just blew 400 bucks. I went to speedware and tried out the seats before I even bought them. Cause believe it or not the red sparco sprint 5 seats fit differently then the black ones. I just recommend you find anybody that has the seat you like and try it out first before you buy it.

Last edited by Ghost05; 03-26-2010 at 06:40 PM.
Old 03-26-2010, 12:28 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by lifeisatrip1986
Lol I know what you mean. My gf has to do the same thing in the passeneger seat. But its all up to you. I honestly dont miss reclining that much. Because the seat is very comfortable for me. Its a serious judgment call, once you commit you cant go back, if you do. You just blew 400 bucks. I went to speedware and tried out the seats before I even bought them. Cause believe it or not the red sparco speed 2 seats fit differently then the black ones. I just recommend you find anybody that has the seat you like and try it out first before you buy it.
I thought some yellow ones in the front would be cool. Are there holes in the bottom for air flow? How are they in the summer?
Old 03-26-2010, 06:38 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Premium Member

Default Just some editing of information

1: The seat in my car is actually the Sprint 5
2: Kelly @ Speedware didn’t personally help with the bar fabrication. He is much better with a wrench than a welder ;)
3: Speedware fabricates and build ALL the harness bars for Sparco USA.
4: The bar is powder coated, not painted. We will also offer the bar in a dark grey and a silver.
Old 03-26-2010, 06:41 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Premium Member

To answer your question Zman there are no holes underneath. Its great for summer though, i love it.
Old 03-26-2010, 09:46 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

To answer your question Zman there are no holes underneath. Its great for summer though, i love it.
If I got one, I would have to try them out first, but I doubt there is a place nearby where I could do that. And I would need a pair of seats to make the interior symmetrical.

Can you rest your arm on the door arm rest as easily?
Old 03-26-2010, 09:53 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Premium Member

yeah its no problem. I can still rest my arm on the door
Old 03-27-2010, 10:24 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Premium Member

bump
Old 03-28-2010, 01:06 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Lol. Yeah I didnt have the money to put in the passenger seat yet. So im stuck with one seat for now. But i love it. The Sparco Speed 2 seat is actually very comfortable for me. (and my body type). Speedware Motosports is one of the few official suppliers of Recaro and Sparco seats in the Northwest. They Literally have a room where you can sit in every seat and try them out. Speed 2 seat works for me. I drive agressive so it keeps me in my seat.

The plan for the car is to make it a daily driver/sleeper/ with alot power under the hood. Granted you cant get tons of HP from an XB but the car will have alot more zip to it. So the plan is to eventually strip out all the interior and back seats. And just have the 2 racing seats in the front. And get rid of all the weight that hinders the cars acceleration. You would be suprised how much useless weight you can get rid of.
yes, very true...any amount of weight you get rid of in that box significantly improves performance. i would do the same thing, but i have more than 2 passengers pretty frequently.
Old 03-28-2010, 01:07 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by Zman
I have to brace my leg and grab the door handle to keep from sliding out of my seat. I can't decide if I want to give up my comfort and seat reclining for a bucket seat yet.
do you really slide out of the stock seats? I don't see how thats possible since it isnt leather...but then again, i am 6' 2"
Old 03-28-2010, 01:30 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Premium Member

The way i drive is very aggressive. And I need a seat that keeps me in place. So i dont have to worry about bracing myself goin into a turn at 60mph
Old 03-28-2010, 07:43 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by ajcadoo
do you really slide out of the stock seats? I don't see how thats possible since it isnt leather...but then again, i am 6' 2"
If I don't brace myself then yeah. I weigh about 145 but I have the wooden seat beads on my seats so that's why I slide. I can't go without them, they are too comfortable.
Old 03-28-2010, 07:46 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by Zman
If I don't brace myself then yeah. I weigh about 145 but I have the wooden seat beads on my seats so that's why I slide. I can't go without them, they are too comfortable.
yeah, that makes sense now...
Old 03-29-2010, 06:58 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Premium Member

Lol. Nice i Havent seen anybody with wooden seat beads in forever. Dang thats totally a 90's style.
Old 03-30-2010, 07:55 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Lol. Nice i Havent seen anybody with wooden seat beads in forever. Dang thats totally a 90's style.
Yeah they're freaking awesome. I love the airy feel haha.

Quick Reply: New Speedware Motorsports Harness Bar Scion Xb 04-07 (new pic from urban racer)