Notices
Scion xA/xB 1st-Gen ICE & Interior In-car entertainment and electronics...

oopsies... radio install...

Search this Thread

Old 11-28-2005, 09:23 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Default oopsies... radio install...

so i was installing my radio and it came out great but.... my guages.. i mean ... guage, my ac conroll and my parking lights wont light up in the second possistion of the light ****.... i checked the fuses there fine. now my question... i have a bunch of crap installed into my car and i don't want to take it alllll (intake, headers, strut bar, cf hood) out to take it to the dealer to save my warenty. or will they take it as an electrical thing and they wont do anything to void my warrenty if they see that.
Old 11-28-2005, 12:50 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

when installing the radio did you hook up anything to the Orange wire in the wire harness that you used? sounds like the Illumination wire is shorted out.
Old 11-28-2005, 01:39 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member

check to make sure your dimmer isnt turned down by accident. That happens to me sometiems when I clean my car.
Old 11-28-2005, 01:54 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Default Re: oopsies... radio install...

Originally Posted by robertdawg014
so i was installing my radio and it came out great but.... my guages.. i mean ... guage, my ac conroll and my parking lights wont light up in the second possistion of the light ****.... i checked the fuses there fine. now my question... i have a bunch of crap installed into my car and i don't want to take it alllll (intake, headers, strut bar, cf hood) out to take it to the dealer to save my warenty. or will they take it as an electrical thing and they wont do anything to void my warrenty if they see that.
The warranty issue would only be due to the part. You header has nothing to do with electrical kind of thing. Now, you did replace the radio, so any issues here would not be covered probably. But, it also doesn't sound too bad. Blown fuse...find it soldier